• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Pann's caught attention of old photos of April's Naeun and Jinsol swearing (NetizenBuzz)
april2.jpg

---

Cosmic Girl's Eunseo

Pendulum

Fan translation of JYPE's statement regarding the Tzuyu/China situation.

"Recently, there have been various malicious rumours circulating on the internet concering one of our artistes, Chou Tzuyu. With regard to this, we are deeply regretful.

JYPE is an multi-cultural company. We have always tried to encourage and further Sino-Korea cross-cultural interaction. Our company (including Tzuyu) has never engaged in political debate and has never taken a stance regarding Chinese territorial issues.

Furthermore, Tzuyu, the victim of these malicious rumours, is merely a 16 year old girl. She has yet to form a solid political opinion regarding Chinese territorial issues, given her age and lack of experience.

Because of the above-mentioned malicious rumours, JYPE's everyday operations in China have been negatively affected. The longstanding cordial relationship that we have had with China has been greatly inconvenienced.

To remedy this situation, our company has decided to temporarily withdraw Tzuyu from all China-related promotional activities, until the truth regarding this matter is finally revealed."

Interesting to note that they said they'll remove "Tzuyu" from further China-related promotional activities, not "Twice" (on the other hand, I can see this being said as withdrawing Twice by proxy - a subject change was probably not warranted in a press release about a specific individual). That being said, it seems like there are a number of businesses and tv stations that have blacklisted all JYPE artists anyway.

Late edit: [ENG-SUB] 160107 Twice MPD M Countdown Backstage

llehuty

So? Are you saying they wouldn't be on the top artists, who also received bonsangs? Check who also won.

Well, I didn't want to be mean, but what that means is that they had really bad results in the other 60% of the score (with 30% being the jury votes), when other groups or artist with less sales got the bonsang and not them.

Unless you are implying that the awards are rigged, which in that case... lol

luso

Well, I didn't want to be mean, but what that means is that they had really bad results in the other 60% of the score (with 30% being the jury votes), when other groups or artist with less sales got the bonsang and not them.

Unless you are implying that the awards are rigged, which in that case... lol
Of course, do you doubt?

Edit: Taeyeon won so they just didn't want SNSD to win a Bonsang also...

Selane

If you like terrible shit that sucks, here's Jiyoung's Japanese solo debut. I made it 25 seconds in before I had to give up. Hopefully this is just some kind of leaked unfinished version, like that hilarious early version of Wolf(not like the final version was exactly good either, but you know what I mean).

llehuty

^^^^ YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Based crowdfunded Sweetune!

Check this one out

I didn't make it but I'm definitely diggin' it.
This list doesn't have Vibrato (aka Song of the year), f(x)'s 4 walls, Wonder Girls' I feel you, BoA's Kiss My Lips, latest 9muses single, Oh My Girl's Closer, any myB (streching a bit with this since they are super nugu) but it has Amber and fucking Chad Future...

I know making these megalists is not easy task and it's easy missing something, but c'mon, this is leaving a lot of song of the year candidates out.

Speaking of lists of the year, I'm really looking forward to the k-pop Gaf awards!

If you like terrible shit that sucks, here's Jiyoung's Japanese solo debut. I made it 25 seconds in before I had to give up. Hopefully this is just some kind of leaked unfinished version, like that hilarious early version of Wolf(not like the final version was exactly good either, but you know what I mean).
:/

There is a good song there, but eeeeek at Jiyoung vocals. She should stick to acting (although I'm not sure if it's any good at it).

Tangeroo

^^^^ YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Based crowdfunded Sweetune!

This list doesn't have Vibrato (aka Song of the year), f(x)'s 4 walls, Wonder Girls' I feel you, BoA's Kiss My Lips, latest 9muses single, Oh My Girl's Closer, any myB (streching a bit with this since they are super nugu) but it has Amber and fucking Chad Future...

For sure. I didn't really think about the songs it was missing nor did I notice that it had a Chad Future song on it. I had no idea that song even existed. Has BESTie fallen so far?

No No Eul

I like that Jiyoung song. It feels comfortably familiar, although I'm not quite sure what it reminds me of. Something from the mid-90s? Britpop perhaps?

Speaking of lists of the year, I'm really looking forward to the k-pop Gaf awards!

Yeah... Sorry about the delay. Life's been a kinda hectic recently. Maybe I'll get around to it this weekend? Dunno if Cuddler's got his section sorted out though.

Amazing.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
There is a reason kpop is the way that it is, a reason it is so popular. Students and business workers alike can get into a droning lifestyle, lose sense of their humanity, become like the guy in Fight Club. Instead of needing to break everything, most people just need some sunshine in their life. They need something to tell them it's okay to feel cheerful, to feel things at all, to see life alive and celebrated. It can be a very powerful thing to those who need it most, but some get confused and identify the idol as that light of their life rather than the light being something the idol is bringing to them through art. Though, people become obsessed with all sorts of stars, not just kpop idols. I don't really understand the full reason why for some it flips into this overdrive obsessive state, but the mechanics of what is going overdrive and the factors involved seem pretty clear.

No No Eul said:
lol

llehuty

[MV] 코코소리 CocoSori - 다크서클 DarkCircle (Dance ver.) (official)

Aww Jiyoung getting them rejected FEMM songs

when she started her speech, she introduced herself as SNSD's Taeyeon. So this is also a win for SNSD.
Taeyeon's win is also SNSD's win.

<3

LMAO. You all are killing me tonight.

vanty

The Jiyoung song is the opening for her new show that started the other day. I don't think music is any sort of priority since she seems to be working almost constantly with acting. Anyways here's a Jiyoung cut from the show, I'm sure it's terrible like 99% of Japanese and Korean dramas.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Eat like a viking
Drink like a man
Fuck everyone that don't understand

Nicole has to top that.

luso

Goodbye, Kara :((
Good luck to all the members whenever they continue into the business or retired of it.

I think Rainbow will go as soon as the contract ends...

vanty

Rainbow started recording their new album recently. It's probably their last yeah. It seems like most if not all of them have had a decent amount of work (maybe No Eul is the only one I can't remember doing much) in the past year and obviously DSP have been treating them pretty shit for a long time so probably would be a very easy decision unless the album is somehow a big success in a world where even Reboot wasn't.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Tzuyu's apology.

Don't know how accurate this is said:
Hello everyone, I am Tzuyu.
I am sorry. I should have apologized earlier but because I didn't know how to deal with current situation, I didn't have the courage to face everyone. There is only one China. Taiwan & China(?) are one. I am proud that I am Chinese. As a Chinese, when promoting overseas, due to my negligence, I had caused my company as well as the friendly relationship between Taiwan & China harm. For that, I am very regretful & guilty.
I have decided to halt all my activities in China & seriously reflect.
Once again, I would like to apologize to everyone. I'm sorry.

Ym1r

Taiwan #1

Yo totally feel sorry for Tzuyu though can't imagine how shes feeling right now but I hope she isn't too down on herself.

Top Bottom