• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

broz0rs

man if some people feel the need to politicize something a 16-year old rookie entertainer says about her nationality needs to look in the mirror and realize what an ugly motherfucker he/she is

Is it the people or the state that proliferate this sort of shaming? I would have thought it would undermine the state's authority to be so involved in the statement of a 16 year old.

They can always perform in Taiwan, though.

osDP6pc.gif

man if some people feel the need to politicize something a 16-year old rookie entertainer says about her nationality needs to look in the mirror and realize what an ugly motherfucker he/she is

Apparently the guy that is creating a fuss is a fucking hypocrite by the name of Huang An. A Taiwanese guy who's been caught doing the same thing he's shaming Tzuyu for; holding a Taiwanese flag.

On to better things, WG performances:
I Feel You
Candle
Faded Love
Gone
Like This
Back
Be My Baby
Tell Me / Nobody

Super shitty audio, but at least they aren't playing any instruments!

I loooove Stellar's concept.
They're working with Rotta for the photoshoot, he makes such good pictures that combine innocence with sexiness. It really suits what they are trying to go for.

No No Eul

Do not want.

But it could be so good tho.

I know I read comments how Naeun is boring and no personality but it is true. She is so reserved that even for someone so pretty you forget she is there most times during the talking bits

I'm still surprised by how outgoing and playful she was during her stint on We Got Married. Perhaps being the focus of the show forced her to (briefly) come out of her shell, or maybe she just doesn't ever feel the need to speak up when she's together with the other members, especially with the likes of Bomi and Eunji around.

They're working with Rotta for the photoshoot, he makes such good pictures that combine innocence with sexiness. It really suits what they are trying to go for.

I was just going to ask whether it was him on photography duty. It seemed like his style. As you say, it suits the group really well.

By complete coincidence, my copy of Rotta's latest photobook turned up in the post today. It sure does feature a lot of pretty pictures. No Sulli though unfortunately.

AReed

I know I read comments how Naeun is boring and no personality but it is true. She is so reserved that even for someone so pretty you forget she is there most times during the talking bits.
That was just rude and uncalled for.

#naeunprotectionsquad

Pendulum

Just catching up on this. smh:
1. Twice recording for the Bei Jing Spring Festival Gala will be edited out
2. Twice was invited to the An Hui Spring Festival Gala, that is now removed
3. Twice CF deal with LG + Huawei has been terminated
4. Kuwo music (China's version of Spotify with over 1 million app downloads) has removed all JYP artist songs and music videos
5. Kugou music (Same deal as Kuwo) has removed all of Twice songs and music videos
6. Hunan TV (The channel that a lot of Kpop artists appear on) has voiced they will not be inviting supporters of Taiwan independence to their shows

Huang An said:

Speaking of Rotta pics, looks like Cosmic Girls are onto individual teasers now.
Cheng Xiao

Just catching up on this. smh:

Speaking of Rotta pics, looks like Cosmic Girls are onto individual teasers now.

Cheng Xiao

lol welcome to east asia. Shit similar to this will happen in Japan/Korea/China for the foreseeable future.
Now since JYP cant expect these countries and part of their citizens to grow up tomorrow, he need to teach tzuyu how to behave in China territory. Lots of TW artists and talents works in China just fine so it is quite plausible to not mention anything that will give fuel to the independence.

Selane

lol welcome to east asia. Shit similar to this will happen in Japan/Korea/China for the foreseeable future.
Now since JYP cant expect these countries and part of their citizens to grow up tomorrow, he need to teach tzuyu how to behave in China territory. Lots of TW artists and talents works in China just fine so it is quite plausible to not mention anything that will give fuel to the independence.

Please, tell us what's wrong with Tzuyu's "behavior" since apparently she did something wrong.

Please, tell us what's wrong with Tzuyu's "behavior" since apparently she did something wrong.

Act, behave, choose whatever word you like. I thought i made myself pretty clear at the "grow up" part, apparently not. The same way you dont say Dokdo belongs to Korea if you want to go to japanese market.

Or you can try to fight over zealous patriotic netizen at every turn, best luck.

Ym1r

She did nothing wrong, but if they want to promote in places like China they are going to have to learn how to avoid slight political mishaps such as this. Though it may not be a big deal to you, it doesn't mean it won't be a big deal to them. Sure it might just be a small little thing she didn't even mean, but people are dumb and won't see it as such.

Imagine if Momo, Mina and/or Sana mentioned Takeshima in Korea, even if they were mentioning it, just simply calling it Takeshima and not Dokdo would pretty much kill them. Or lets take it one step even dumber, imagine if they called Kimchi, Kimuchi instead.

Rainy

Banned
I've barely listened to K-pop in the last year or two but I just randomly listened to Dal Shabet's Someone Like U and it is so catchy.

Nicole's new track "don't stop" is produced by sweetune
Looks like there's gonna be 3 songs on the Japanese mini: "don't stop" "best man" and "recall"
I doubt all 3 are getting translated to Korean it'll probably be just the title track

broz0rs

Imagine if Momo, Mina and/or Sana mentioned Takeshima in Korea, even if they were mentioning it, just simply calling it Takeshima and not Dokdo would pretty much kill them. Or lets take it one step even dumber, imagine if they called Kimchi, Kimuchi instead.

lol nice one

yeah, I get the feeling those three girls are a stone throws away from getting their career harmed for something unintentional due to the sensitivity surrounding the politics of Korea and Japan. Plus they're becoming popular so they'll likely become targets from activists.

Peru

Webtoons is the greatest thing that has happened to Korean popular culture. A real democratization of mainstream content creation, auteurs in the driver's seat, alternative voices - fresher subjects tackled that we wouldn't see in popular culture otherwise - new social criticism, new comedy. AND their success leads to dramas being made out of them that often are ten times more interesting than the alternative (of course interesting original dramas are _sometimes_ being made too).

Yes, I'm watching Cheese in the Trap.

ryan-ts

Webtoons is the greatest thing that has happened to Korean popular culture. A real democratization of mainstream content creation, auteurs in the driver's seat, alternative voices - fresher subjects tackled that we wouldn't see in popular culture otherwise - new social criticism, new comedy. AND their success leads to dramas being made out of them that often are ten times more interesting than the alternative (of course interesting original dramas are _sometimes_ being made too).

Yes, I'm watching Cheese in the Trap.

Started watching because of you... really hate that I won't be able to marathon this. Curious to see whether Yoo Jung ends up being a psycho murderer or not.

feist_

Banned
Came to post Cheese in the Trap gifs, but no need.

JYP/E finding new ways to undermine their successful music acts? Won't bother commenting on China-Taiwan relations.

Here you go. I've no idea what she's doing but it's kind of adorably haphazard.
Don't think I ever said thanks for posting this. Seems better than expected, though I never heard her converse in the days when she "barely spoke Korean."

Speaking of No Eul...

Yes No Eul with some great balance
Glasses+Weave Noeul is still best Noeul:

121213.바람의나라.광고영상(New Ver.).노을.swf
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=rainbow&no=814286

Shame it came as part of those odd and off-putting "boyfriend POV" adverts that Rainbow did some years back...

It's not complete until Toyota posts the BTS and interview videos:

HyunA Interview for "COROLLA X HYUNA" Music Video | Toyota

COROLLA X HYUNA - "My Color" [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO] | Toyota

Behind-the-Scenes with HyunA - "HYUNA X COROLLA" | 2013 Corolla | Toyota

I wrote up my impressions last night so here you go:

So I came back from the LA event and it was an enjoyable time. Based on previous experiences, I went with a upper level seat since standing in line and then during the concert for a GA spot is too much. Place wasn't sold out as there were a few half rows that were empty. I opted for a row back of my original seat where no one was on either side for 3 seats.

Anyway, concert as great. Not much of an Apink guy but I do enjoy a lot of their big hits. Eunji was the clear MVP of the night. She talked quite a lot in broken english but was confident in saying it. One of the more memorable instances is at various points fans would scream I love you during the talking bits and she would just smile and say "Yeah. I know" like Han Solo coolness. She would always get the energy and fun going during the talking segments and egging on other members.

They did some aegyo - Chorong did the gwiyomi song, Bomi did 있잖아 내가 할말이 있어 song and Eunji did buing buing. They also did Hearts and Kisses where Hayoung and Bomi did Sexy versions.

I don't remember the exact order but I know they did "Remember" "Mr Chu" "Sunday Monday" "Good Morning Baby" "Secret" "U You" "NoNoNo" "Luv" and the encore I did not recognize the song. But no "Hush" :(

Not being to take pictures with even a phone was annoying but it allowed people to focus on the girls and give tons of energy. And holy crap people were doing the fan chants during the popular songs. I thought I was inkigayo with how loud and in sync they were.

The translators spoke very softly and the mics were low so it was hard to hear their answers for the Q&A but they played the "What's in the box?" game. The younger team had boba as their item and Eunji, Bomi and Chorong (?) had to touch an octopus. Eunji grabbed the thing like a boss while Bomi had a really big scared reaction. It was funny and really good. Almost too good like it was rehearsed or played up but still funny nonetheless.

Great event. I liked how it was like a real showcase I see on 1theK plus some nice fanservice. MC was a doofus though but harmless.
Good impressions. Chorong/Bomi/Eunji + Namjoo = Apink Trinity +1.

Again, glad to see you posting again, Edgeward.

Lizzy Errr, Exy.

As one of the better rappers on Unpretty Rapstar 2, 엑시 is the single reason I'm even remotely interested in Cosmic Girls/WSJN.

https://twitter.com/WJSN_Cosmic/status/686865705656946689

Peru

Toyota does what Hyundai won't. What about some Japanese stars for your Japanese brand, though.

Came to post Cheese in the Trap gifs, but no need.

Still room for that.

Oh yeah without warning BoA put out an ost track (the theme specifically) for a new historical Japanese drama.. Historical japanese drama, all english song.. (?). Anyway it's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwNvSjqe2iQ

And it's the drama with AKB's Mayuyu's forbidden love

CXGayWGUMAEw1Pq.jpg

Top Bottom