• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Today is a religious day. Happy Birthday to Seulgi
tumblr_o2ad5x8Bxb1qk12q0o1_1280.png
tumblr_o0sqhvQD7j1qk12q0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o13d65de6M1qk12q0o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o1tq755MQD1qk12q0o1_1280.jpg

Pringles wished her a happy birthday too

tumblr_inline_nnunqoRToV1sc3ygs_500.gif

---

So yeah that Muscle Queen Project show

Ym1r

HBD GOD.

yo pringles thoooo

lmao sucks for sooyoung, same birthday as god, nobody cares about you.

edit: seriously need a full version of seulgi singing that.

apparently it's also naeun's birthday. Born same year too.

Listening to some kpop on spotify. I think people here have mentioned 4minutes Hit Your Heart as an amazing album, and I gotta agree. Aside from the boring ballad at the end, all the songs are varying degrees of great. That being said, the best song I discovered today wasn't on Hit Your Heart, but on their debut album. Ut Gyeo is right up their with 4minutes best such as Dream Racer, Volume Up, Mirror Mirror, etc. Fucking amazing song.

in other news:
Seulgi album
Seulgi album 2
Seulgi album 3

TKAClde.jpg

jordisok

Been listening to some K-pop stuff on and off recently and figured I'd come check this thread out and wow that OP with the playlists is really useful!

llehuty

^^^^cheers jordisok, feel free to post your fave groups/songs or if you are looking for recommendations.

That sounds and looks GREAT. The dream of the 80s is alive in kpop! Although if latest Dal Shabet chart performance is any indication of the interest sout korean people has in GOAT 80s inspired music...

[Teaser 2] AOA CREAM _ I’m Jelly BABY(질투 나요 BABY)
Nobody was asking for a completely generic and uninspired version Orange Caramel.

Peru

It's not surprising that when the general public finally caught on to the new girl group sound of the hour existing the song timing it right would blow up. "Rough" does not stray from the established GFriend sound, which isn ot that far away from the Lovelyz sound either, but it's a good sound, and a streak of very catchy songs, and the only reason for one of those songs not becoming a big hit was the general public being unaware of what goes on on the barely-watched music shows. Expect Gfriend to have a string of hits while this sound is fresh to the masses.

Now you can say you want something else, but this "ITNW"-ish sound is so much better than the last time non-sexy concepts were hot, post Gee, when all new rookie grups were cutesy but with the worst songs imaginable. Even with exposure that stuff wouldn't have hit charts.

(Coincidentally it sounds like AOA CREAM might be returning to that shitty sound)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Kpop off to an incredibly boring start this year so I'm listening to the GOAT album The Red again. So fucking good.

llehuty

The only bad thing of this year in k-pop so far is KARA disbanding and Dal Shabet's flopping with the SOTY.

No, but really, we got Stellar, 4Minute and Gfriend's minis, which are quite decent. Check them out if you haven't yet.

Dice

No, but this is pretty much the best cover ever.
There has not been, and probably will not ever be something on this level again. They were both HUGE and yet this still happened. That's just not the rules of the game anymore.

That said, D'AWWWWWWW early Taengoo so adorbs with her cute little round face. Also Sica's voice is such a good match for Sunye's part.

I'm going to Korea next week for 3 weeks, gonna try my best to get on music bank. I'm also gonna watch some StarCraft and eat massive amounts of food. Anything else you bros can think of for me to do while I'm there?

Dice

I'm going to Korea next week for 3 weeks, gonna try my best to get on music bank. I'm also gonna watch some StarCraft and eat massive amounts of food. Anything else you bros can think of for me to do while I'm there?
You could be a legend if you could help out new person.

feist_

Banned
edit: seriously need a full version of seulgi singing that.
Haven't gotten around to looking for a full version yet, but have some direct .mp4 download links:

0min, 15sec --- Snippet posted on Red Velvet Instagram

1min, 30sec --- Longer version posted on Red Velvet Facebook

Hwang min woo(Little Psy) has passed away after battling brain cancer

http://www.dispatch.co.kr/465109
Rest in peace.

Does anyone have a playlist of groups doing other groups songs etc?
There's an extensive list of options. Two random and very good examples which quickly come to mind (although one isn't a signed/known artist) are these:

Mnet [싱어게임] Ep.02 : 예은 & 피프틴앤드 - 그 XX(HA:TFELT & 15& - THAT XX) @SingerGame

Dumb Dumb(red velvet) - Cover by. KimSeung-A, KimKyeong-A

p1ab4hj1f1n451na018nt1am67fg1.jpg

Loci

Eat food until you die. And then eat more food.

Also try Jjimjilbang and get your skin scrubbed off if you dare

vanty

So the song in the Rainbow teaser isn't on the album it was just made for a teaser? Sounded more interesting than anything there but still seems promising.

Sasshi's cat sitting on top of a magazine with Jiyoung's cat as the cover star. What a world.

Ca8S-ULUsAA6Vay.jpg:orig

Selane

So the song in the Rainbow teaser isn't on the album it was just made for a teaser? Sounded more interesting than anything there but still seems promising.

Reminds me of when the Run Devil Run teaser came out and everyone was hype and then it turned out to have nothing to do with the song.

I mean, RDR was a pretty good song anyway, but still.

llehuty

The rainbow preview could be some stock show champion sample or just part of the title track that we haven't heard yet.

So I was just having a look on the melon charts,
to see how nobody cares about AOA cream,
and DAMN, Gfriend has all their 3 singles in the melon top 100. It's completely nuts, I don't know if there is any precedence of such a succesful debut in the past. I feel like their fandom is not very big, but they could easily end up being like Sistar, with low physical sales but completely destroying the digital charts
Gfiend is making good music, tho.

블루미(Bloomy) 데뷔곡 '흥칫뿡' 안무영상
MV is really cheap, but I guess that it's better than nothing.

G.Soul - Smooth Operator (feat. San E) Preview
So I guess he is not longer under JYP?, good riddance, although this sounds like a neat cover.

llehuty

Mamamoo doing nothing for me. The only song I slightly enjoy from them is Piano Man and their predebut tracks.
_____

Finished watching Produce 101 3rd episode, and FUCK this Into The New World performance by the underdogs. That main vocal is so damn good, her parts are so clean (fuck the edit, tho). Auto-debut tier. On the other hand, Chanmi serving Tiffany during the high note. #IronicallyAlmostAMemberOfSNSD This girl has been given who knows how many chances and she still sucks. She needs to drop like a rock in the rankings after this.
_____

So House Rulez has uploaded this week 80 videos in their youtube channel. Most of it is old stuff, but there is also one new releases that are great.

03.Feel Good (Girl Ver.) (Feat. 김호연, Steeb) _ HouseRulez
01.Feel Good (Man Ver.) (Feat. Steeb, 김호연) _ HouseRulez
I like more the atmosphere of the girl version, but the Man version just goes off in the hook

01.Never Die (Feat. Cyber Diva & Kim Hoyeon) _ HouseRulez

Top Bottom