• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

Selane

5 songs in 1. It's cute and I'm sure they had fun making it but it isn't compelling at all. That said oh my word they got so skinny they have to be starving. *sadhyejeongwatchingsomeoneeat.gif*

I guess when they decided to copy Orange Caramel they decided to have them copy Lizzy's eating disorder as well.

JohnCYQ

Ca7QFOrUcAAT4ks.jpg

Outfit could be better, but still.

Broank

Individual fancam of Yeungjung performing ITNW

Flawless vocals and adlibs, cute, knows how to work the camera, nice expressions,... Starship has a potential gold mine with this girl if they play their cards correctly

This ITNW stuff got me going down the rabbit hole watching old stuff and man Music Bank used to be literally Live. Like you can see Younha sitting there waiting after SNSD and FTisland leaving the stage. That must have been a logistics nightmare. lol

Niks

Finished watching Produce 101 3rd episode, and FUCK this Into The New World performance by the underdogs. That main vocal is so damn good, her parts are so clean (fuck the edit, tho). Auto-debut tier. On the other hand, Chanmi serving Tiffany during the high note. #IronicallyAlmostAMemberOfSNSD This girl has been given who knows how many chances and she still sucks. She needs to drop like a rock in the rankings after this.

That indeed, was pretty good.

#salty
6kvIlYi.jpg

Peru

Not like I unequivocally love the Mamamoo songs but they're great performers, meaning I get more interested seeing them live and not less, and they're very fun personalities off-stage, much better than many groups hyped for that here.

vanty

Can their agency just not afford good writers and producers though? Talent means absolutely nothing unless the songs are good.

Peru

Well the songs are good. Not amazing, but good. Better than Twice's, at least.Um Oh Ah Yeah's live remixes are almost great. The new song has a nice beat and is probably the least annoying novelty rap in k-pop history. And it's just a buzz track.

I don't think their agency will be complaining about the producers as the songs are big hits.

roaSone

Finished watching Produce 101 3rd episode, and FUCK this Into The New World performance by the underdogs. That main vocal is so damn good, her parts are so clean (fuck the edit, tho). Auto-debut tier. On the other hand, Chanmi serving Tiffany during the high note. #IronicallyAlmostAMemberOfSNSD This girl has been given who knows how many chances and she still sucks. She needs to drop like a rock in the rankings after this.
I might sound evil but, man, I was so happy when that Chanmi failed to reach any notes, she's so arrogant and hypocrite
(at least she's portrayed as such)
and yet sucks almost more than most of the others trainees in this show.
Served her right, she deserves to be eliminated at this point imho.

llehuty

Sungah being perfectly adorable, as per.

THE KOXX(칵스)-by the way
It's ok. Do we know what happened with ramyeon?

[TEASER] NU'EST(뉴이스트) 4th Mini Album 'Q is.' M/V 1st Teaser
THIS IS NOT AFTER SCHOOL OR ORANGE CARAMEL, FUCK YOU PLEDIS.
No, but really, why are they still trying with this group in korea, when Seventeen is probably already more popular?

ASTRO 아스트로 - 1st Mini Album TEAM TEASER
Boy group from Fantagio (the company that effectively destroyed Hello Venus career).

YES!

JohnCYQ

I might sound evil but, man, I was so happy when that Chanmi failed to reach any notes, she's so arrogant and hypocrite
(at least she's portrayed as such)
and yet sucks almost more than most of the others trainees in this show.
Served her right, she deserves to be eliminated at this point imho.
Is she even supposed to be a vocalist though? I mean more than half of Snsd or any girl group not named spica/mamamoo can't sing for shit either so I'm rather confused as to why she is being judged like this.

And this is by Mnet, well known for their shitty edits and so is likely manipulating just about everything to squeeze out more views.

llehuty

Is she even supposed to be a vocalist though? I mean more than half of Snsd or any girl group not named spica/mamamoo can't sing for shit either so I'm rather confused as to why she is being judged like this.
She is taking the role of main vocals in the song. And I don't think nobody forced her into that position when someone like Somi was in the same group.

And I would agree that mnet twists the edit a bit, but she is the one saying that she'd have been the teacher assistant in thte vocal sessions of that same episode. She placed herself in the #1 seat with the 100 chairs. She also has to be aware of her limitations, if she can't hit the note (independently of she is ill or not), do a falsetto or something.

I don't have a problem with ther being arrogant, but she just doesn't have the talent to back it up.

Dice

So 4Minute is saying they knew their song/album would get a mixed response and that it's the lowest album sales they've ever had, but they're cool with it because they crave doing something new and understand it doesn't always go over so well with the taste of the masses... yet remember before when it came out their contract renewal was apparently on the basis of sales for this album? Does that mean they have issues with Cube and want to move elsewhere so they can be more eclectic, or that they want to do different stuff but aren't willing to go Wonder Girls with their creative passions?

Dice

Well anyways I hope they stick around because
1) 4Minute
2) The other songs on the album are really good.

Edit: I should clarify, specifically Blind, one of the best songs they've ever done.

Especially Gayoon KILLING IT from here to the end of the song
https://youtu.be/bdxGTFu5oEM?t=3m4s

The consistency of her emotion as she pops in a few spots through to the end of the song makes it seem like that was all from one take where she was just totally in the zone and feelin it so they just kept on recording. That's one sign the songs are really their own these days, and another is just their tonal improvement across the board. They're all working well within their ideal ranges and expressive styles (Jihyun's lines in particular are clearer and more beautiful on this album) which is probably from them having more say in what they're doing.

Edit 2: 4Minute performing Canvas on MuCore

Wonderful minimalization of their banger style, here made a pussy popping extravaganza. Namji obviously trying to kill me in various ways.

JohnCYQ

She is taking the role of main vocals in the song. And I don't think nobody forced her into that position when someone like Somi was in the same group.

And I would agree that mnet twists the edit a bit, but she is the one saying that she'd have been the teacher assistant in thte vocal sessions of that same episode. She placed herself in the #1 seat with the 100 chairs. She also has to be aware of her limitations, if she can't hit the note (independently of she is ill or not), do a falsetto or something.

I don't have a problem with ther being arrogant, but she just doesn't have the talent to back it up.

So they let the members choose the role they want? Ouch.

On that end yea, it would seem like actual arrogance vs mnet evil editing.

So they let the members choose the role they want? Ouch.

On that end yea, it would seem like actual arrogance vs mnet evil editing.

My impression from the comments I've read is that every team had a leader that picked the teams in the first place and also picked which parts everyone got. I think Cathy of MBK was the team leader on this particular team.

llehuty

My impression from the comments I've read is that every team had a leader that picked the teams in the first place and also picked which parts everyone got. I think Cathy of MBK was the team leader on this particular team.

Yeah, All the girls with rank A had to pick 4 other girls not ranked A to form the group. After that, they had to decide which one was the center, and how to split the different parts. Some groups had a democratic approach, but Cathy ain't got time for that.

It was nice how some of the girls in A were determined to train some of the girls that were slacking, instead of focusing on their parts (at least, when the camera was on).

It was nice how some of the girls in A were determined to train some of the girls that were slacking, instead of focusing on their parts (at least, when the camera was on).

St. Sejeong! I'm still stuck only watching clips here and there (Dailymotion is unwatchable at work, if anyone has any mirrors I'd be very grateful), but she seems to be doing great. Rooting hard for her and looking forward to her eventual real debut hopefully in the first half of 2017.

I'm really liking Im Nayoung in P101 (spoiler alert - video is a solo fancam of her group performance, which happens in ep 4), AKA pokerface, she is so cute and her body is no joke either.

She's the one that caught my eye first of the Pledis trainees. Last time I checked she seems to be doing among the poorest of the Pledis trainees though. In the 30s somewhere. In the grand scale of things, that's obviously not poorly though, but for now I hope she makes it higher.

Top Bottom