• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

iy8WChN.jpg

One of the greatest k-pop songs

Good lord lol.

I still agree though.

The Bomb Factory?

Shiiit, I might actually be in. It's one of the best music venues in Dallas, even better is the neighborhood it's in... tons and tons of bars around, great food and it's got a very nice hipster-ish vibe.

Haha yeah man, alive just flat out with work. Finally got a "proper" job that I really enjoy so it's been good though.

Is that Ziggy on Fany's face?

I would say I'm appalled but I actually like and approve it lol.

No No Eul

Produce 101:
RIP Happy Face Entertainment

I'm ok with the Top 11 as it stands. There's 2 definite, probably 3 or 4, swaps I would make for others currently out of the 11.

All hail Sejeong the Great, the first of her name

Edit: Current rankings after episode 5 (spoiler, obvs)

I feel the same way about the top 11, and It's hard to imagine it changing much over the coming weeks. It seems like seven* of those trainees are all but guaranteed to get a place in the group given the strength of their existing fanbases or the support they've already managed to garner on the show so far (and I'm pretty much OK with that).

Sejeong, Somi, Yoojung, Pinky, Cathy, Dani & Chaeyeon

llehuty

New WJSN/Cosmic Girls pics. First stage is on the 20th at a StarCraft tournament.

They already performed

160220 우주소녀 (WJSN,Cosmic Girls) - Mo Mo Mo (Choreo) + Talk [KT기가레전드매치 장충체육관] by drighk 직캠fancam
Boring predictable cutesy stuff.

BUT... BUT, they also performed this:

160220 KT GiGA Legends Match - 우주소녀(WJSN, Cosmic Girls), Catch Me
Fancam

This better also get the single treatment.

Gotta intersperse my posts with Sungah pics.

And wait, I just saw those links now that I quoted this post!
<3 Pendulum

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Maaan, I just checked the view count for Like OOH-AHH and it's passed 38 million... o_O
I want to think JYP actually has a significant hit on their hands, but a large portion could easily be Chinese and Taiwanese people just trying to figure out Tzuyu's "fame cred" for why anyone should give a shit what she thinks. I'd be interested in stats on the regional demographics and views over time.

No No Eul

Fair point. For what it's worth, the daily view count stats for the video are fairly consistent after the initial drop off, with a small spike in December and then a more noticable one around the time of the elections.

5G5dCtp.jpg

llehuty

I want to think JYP actually has a significant hit on their hands, but a large portion could easily be Chinese and Taiwanese people just trying to figure out Tzuyu's "fame cred" for why anyone should give a shit what she thinks. I'd be interested in stats on the regional demographics and views over time.

Nah, the Tzuyugate only gave it a small bump:
*SameGraphThatNoNoEulposted.jpg*
JYP struck gold with this group.

And also, I feel like kpop had a significant bump in popularity in the last couple of years
BTS Dope is now sitting at 45 million views.

Also, I was looking at some statistics of some old MV and they have been getting significantly higher daily views with no apparent reasons. (Probably not the best examples, but I can't be bothered to check more).

FNgNemH.png

c51BYEb.png

ppLjKk8.png

4Minute's Crazy Hits 50 million Views on YouTube
4Minute Crazy - 50m milestone (378 days)
Hyuna Bubble Pop - 50m milestone (622 days)

4Minute Crazy - 384k Likes / 13k Dislikes (29:1 Ratio)
Hyuna Bubble Pop - 370k Likes / 49k Dislikes (7:1 Ratio)

YouTube - Most Viewed MV (2015/16)
1) SNSD Party - 55m
2) Taeyeon I - 53m
3) 4Minute Crazy - 50m
4) SNSD Lion Heart - 46m
5) Miss A Only You - 44m
6) SNSD Catch Me If You Can - 40m
7) Sistar Shake It - 36m (two channels)
8) Exid Ah Yeah - 36m
9) Red Velvet Ice Cream Cake - 33m
10) Hyuna - Roll Deep - 31m

YouTube - Most Liked MV (2015/16)
1) Taeyeon I - 559k
2) SNSD Party - 476k
3) 4Minute Crazy - 383k
4) SNSD Catch Me If You Can - 364k
5) SNSD Lion Heart - 364k
6) Miss A Only You - 272k
7) Red Velvet Ice Cream Cake - 257k
8) Hyuna Roll Deep - 234k
9) Sistar Shake It - 227k (two channels)
10) Taeyeon Rain - 224k
11) 4Minute Hate - 222k

]YouTube – Like to Dislike Ratio (2015/16)
1) 4Minute Crazy - (29:1)
2) 4Minute Hate - (27:1)
3) Taeyeon Rain - (24:1)
4) Taeyeon I - (23:1)
5) Miss A Only You - (18:1)
6) SNSD Lion Heart - (17:1)
7) Red Velvet Ice Cream Cake - (13:1)
8) Sistar Shake It - (two channels) (13:1)
9) SNSD Party - (12:1)
10) Hyuna Roll Deep - (12:1)

Pendulum

He combined his great loves of video game sales numbers and Gayoon.

(Talk of a bot being followed up by one of AgentChris' YG posts is perfect)

Pendulum

Yeah, the single does not suit the image that should be matched with this group. It's not even a good cute song. That Cheng Xiao flip in "Catch Me" tho.

Without me there would be no YG related posts :D
tumblr_mj5qylwIm01s6mvmzo1_500.gif

Sneak peek of the JYPE-Conan O'Brien collab..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCBi2p6DQVS/

Interesting. I would have thought it would be the Wonder Girls filming an MV with Conan, but promoting Twice to a new audience makes sense
please don't debut them in the US, JYP

Ym1r

Like super off topic but I just wanted to share the greatest thing that happened to me today.

I door dinged a Mercedes Benz by accident, and I was totally going to apologize, but then he got out of his car and apologized for parking terribly.

Oh. My. God.

I know right?

feist_

Banned
Exy was the only Cosmic Girls/WJSN member I cared about before the group formed. Later, Cheng Xiao and Bona were clear stand outs even before the group's first public performance. While I expect Cheng Xiao to be one of the more popular members, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Bona received a disproportionate amount of coverage, either early on or in future.

I prefer Mera's 1080p 60fps still position fancam of Cosmic Girls' "Catch Me" performance over the low sound level TV broadcast version:

160220 &#50864;&#51452;&#49548;&#45376; (WJSN,Cosmic Girls) Catch Me [&#51204;&#52404;]&#51649;&#52896; Fancam (KT&#44592;&#44032;&#47112;&#51204;&#46300;&#47588;&#52824;) by Mera

HBD to the recently anointed Red Velvet trinity member.

http://cfile5.uf.tistory.com/original/2467D84356967C0021C554
http://cfile23.uf.tistory.com/image/257D804456B0B793202E00

24813321460_162cef8eb1_o.gif

Also, in today's installment of Thoughtful Maknae Yeri...

No No Eul

That original cutesy trailer was such garbage I skipped over this performance the first time it was posted (forgive me, llehuty bro!). This is much better though. It sounds like EXO meets Red Velvet or something. As llehuty said, hopefully it gets the single treatment.

HBD to the recently anointed Red Velvet trinity member.

That's a bold statement, sir. I'm not sure I'm ready to accept an addition to the Holy Duality just yet.

llehuty

9Muses' 1st concert in Korea must have been the best event in South Korean's entertainment history.
no hyperbole

All these fancams, laaaawd.

Not posting links because I'm on mobile, but will do a post later today if nobody wants to do it before.

Eldren

9Muses' 1st concert in Korea must have been the best event in South Korean's entertainment history.
no hyperbole

All these fancams, laaaawd.

Not posting links because I'm on mobile, but will do a post later today if nobody wants to do it before.

First things first: You And I - Sungah

Literally on fire right now. (Probably don't watch this at work just in case)

This whole concert was so good and is exactly what I want more groups to do. Everyone had a solo stage, they did all their best tracks and they covered other girl group songs as well. Fantastic stuff.

Top Bottom