• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

llehuty

#BestNewPageStart2016
Woah, indeed.

For me, Kara 'died' when Nicole and Jiyoung left. Even though I really like Youngji, it wasn't Kara anymore.

The Kara essence was still there:

Summergic
Mamma Mia

I'm actually curious about what is DSP going to do with KARA, they have a lot of wasted potential there with Youngji, Somin and, I guess, Chaekyung, which has been performing better than I expected in the last leg of Produce101 with almost no screen time.

I would rather have the 3 of them in a new group with some random trainee (or Shiyoon), but I wouldn't blame DSP if they shoehorn the girls into KARA given their backgrounds (Puretty + Baby Kara).

Meanwhile Chamni is looking for another new group to join.

I guess she was almost part of SNSD AND Produce101 group.

Edit: Yoooooooooooooooooooo, where is Flash full version?

K0pTAi6.gif

;_;

isuzu

k, here goes my top 11 (no particular order except for Somi):

center: Somi
Sejeong
Yoojung
Soyeon (Park)
Chungha - Leader
Hyeri
Sohye
Yeunjung
Chaeyeon
Doyeon
Nayoung (Im)

llehuty

Why hasn't this happened already.

I guess it would be to sudden after April's debut?

But the real question is why April exists in the 1st place, or why does it have this current lineup. Why would you showcase multiple times some trainees if they are going to pull some random girls to form a girl group... ugh DSP...

Edit: 블락비 (Block B) - 몇 년 후에 (A Few Years Later) (Teaser)
The same day than Oh My Girl comeback, SMH

T-ARA(티아라) Hyomin Sketch(스케치) Dance Practice (Random Play Vers)
Guess who wasn't invited to Weekly Idol?

Pendulum

BTOB is a non -hreat though, lol.

A threat in terms of what? If you're talking charts, BTOB has done better both in terms of singles and albums. If you're talking music shows, which really isn't a factor, neither BTOB or Block B do well there (though I'd wager BTOB has a better chance from here on out)
Edit: Actually, checking wiki, they are pretty damn close in terms of chart success. BTOB has picked up recently.

Peru

If Korea's entertainment industry hired me Produce 101 would've happened a long time ago, but better. Hopefully it does indeed inspire improved copy-cats.

No No Eul

Produce 101 guerilla concert in 2 hours. Bring on the fancams.

Really nice to see
Auntie Insun
being brought back as the concert's MC.

I guess it would be to sudden after April's debut?

But the real question is why April exists in the 1st place, or why does it have this current lineup. Why would you showcase multiple times some trainees if they are going to pull some random girls to form a girl group... ugh DSP...

Yeah, in a world where survival TV shows have given a massive pre-debut boost in profile to the likes of Ikon, Winner and Twice, DSP's handling of Baby Kara / April is utterly baffling.

On that note, I'm seriously questioning this 10 month plan that Mnet has for Produce 101. There's loads of attention surrounding the group, they've demonstrated that they can attract some proper song-writing talent, they've already got multiple endorsement deals lined up (apparently). All Mnet/YMC need to do is put together a decent MV or two and they'll be set for years to come. Are the powers that be really going to throw all that away in 10 month's time?

Quite a few people at that guerilla concert...

Pendulum

Really nice to see
Auntie Insun
being brought back as the concert's MC.

Yeah, in a world where survival TV shows have given a massive pre-debut boost in profile to the likes of Ikon, Winner and Twice, DSP's handling of Baby Kara / April is utterly baffling.

On that note, I'm seriously questioning this 10 month plan that Mnet has for Produce 101. There's loads of attention surrounding the group, they've demonstrated that they can attract some proper song-writing talent, they've already got multiple endorsement deals lined up (apparently). All Mnet/YMC need to do is put together a decent MV or two and they'll be set for years to come. Are the powers that be really going to throw all that away in 10 month's time?

Quite a few people at that guerilla concert...

I can imagine it's quite a big undertaking to manage a group of girls that are also signed to different agencies. I guess it depends on if the agencies allow the girls to extend the contract if they want to keep going with the group. I'm sure it's not that simple, because if the group does stay this popular after 10 months the agencies would perhaps want their girl to do something for them only where they don't have to split profits, like debut them in a new group or solo promos.

Also cool that Insun got to host the concert, I can see her become a female Kwanghee-ish personality if her agency can get her more gigs like this.

No No Eul

These short AOA skits are kinda amazing:

[Eng Sub] 160324 AOA Cream Pikicast - Sisters' Fight
[Eng Sub] 160322 AOA Cream Pikicast - Younger sibling feeling betrayed
[Eng Sub] 160321 AOA Cream Pikicast - Younger sibling's saddest moment
[Eng Sub] 160325 AOA Cream Pikicast - No.1 moment when your elder sister is detestable

Apparently Produce 101's Kang Siwon (who was independent) has signed with Dream Tea (Girl's Day's agency)

Good for her! I was really hoping someone would sign her. I'm quite surprised that it wasn't one of the agencies participating in the show.

I can imagine it's quite a big undertaking to manage a group of girls that are also signed to different agencies. I guess it depends on if the agencies allow the girls to extend the contract if they want to keep going with the group. I'm sure it's not that simple, because if the group does stay this popular after 10 months the agencies would perhaps want their girl to do something for them only where they don't have to split profits, like debut them in a new group or solo promos.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. It'll be a real pity when that happens though. :/

—

In light of P101, I've been checking out Dia's MVs again, since I didn't really pay them much attention first time around. Chaeyeon at the start of this video is too good.

I've no idea what Haein is doing anywhere near the top 11.

Can't remember if it was NB or KPF, but there was one article about Haein being pretty popular with guys. Not a fan personally. She's not nearly talented or pretty enough to be as cocky as she seems. Iirc she insisted upon both the main vocal and center position for their Irony performance.

#BestNewPageStart2016

Hardly. Only Chaeyoung look noticeably prettier than usual, while Momo and Sana look as great as usual. The others, not so much. Mina and Tzuyus pictures in particular are disappointing. Only the ignorant masses use 50 ppp anyway.

Peru

Nicole going for some sort of Nocchi cosplay there.

Not sure if you're serious or just trolling me because I came up with the Peru system. The latter would also explain why you keep trying to downplay The Shadow. -_-

The Paruru associations are just too strong and positive

Let's start with a small disclaimer: this is based on no real evidence so please don't take it too seriously. I don't expect this to be true and you lot can probably disprove it in about 30 seconds.

Theory 1: (Zion.T the "T" stands for adulterer)
Zion.T and Crush were lovers. Zion.T gets an offer to go to that YG sub label. Zion.T gets caught cheating on Crush and Crush is salty as fuck. Zion.T gets the fuck out of Amoeba culture and takes the deal. Crush is so salt he deletes all those Instagram things.

Theory 2: (Crush on you)
Zion.T and Crush are lovers or they aren't. This theory isn't really dependant on their relationship. Kush offers Zion.T the big bucks and Zion.T's eyes light up like a Christmas tree. Zion.T takes the deal and tells Crush. Crush feels betrayed because he thinks Zion.T sold out and he's gonna miss his boy who is leaving him. Crush deletes social media stuff. They break up.

Theory 3: (Crush on you and others)
Zion.T and Crush are lovers. Zion.T gets an offer from YG but he isn't interested because Crush isn't coming with him. Zion.T finds out Crush is cheating. He confronts him, they both say some hurtful shit and break up. Zion.T takes the YG deal. Crush is salty he got caught and left at smelly amoeba culture and so decides to do some spiteful stuff to Zion.T and delete him off the social medias.

I'm willing to answer any questions and feel free to bust these myths anytime
This is what I do with my time when there is no Kara around

llehuty

Yesssssssssssssssss! Love that they keep releasing music outside of the box.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I kenw this was going to be good, and it is.

Looking forward live stages from both.

Jiho got stuck on a puzzle from The Witness
shirTFh.png
lol, I thought the same.
I guess she is theying to unlock the guys phone? They probably had a lot of fun recording this MV

Peru

Holy crap. I just found out the artist behind my favorite Korean singer songwriter album of all time (Close To You), Yoo Hae In, just released her 2nd album.

80789689_1455587281311_1_600x600.JPG

Here's a new MV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upt9-10uaWU

It's been 84.. or at least five, years. Like... every other month for years I've googled to see if there's any news about her, and I've never found ANYTHING. I've considered attempting to contact her on SNS or mail to tell her how much her album meant to me.

So my instant reaction upon seeing hits on google and youtube about a new album was pretty emotional. Tears threatening to form. Now to listen.

OMG is pretty cute, I think the main quality of the song will be the performances since they get good choreos. As expected it'll be though to reach 'Closer' levels of flawlessness, but I like the song. Really nice MV too.

Hyosung, however, just murdered everyone holy shit! It's so good. She looks amazing (that one nude/silver outfit yesss) and that song is awesome. So so good!

Top Bottom