• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

luso

Fat injections or whatever.

CeRusLtUIAEaHo5.jpg

Tiffany on a roll during this Seoul Fashion Week
CeSEzMrUIAQMVFp.jpg

CeTZrK4UAAAq5ex.jpg

CeSk2GmW4AEV0aQ.jpg

CeSsElhXIAAU5i7.jpg

Taeyeon to Dubai, seems healthier.
CeR_mQmUsAADWqn.jpg

tumblr_o4j11wOE0R1rd3fp9o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o4j0ns9Ry61r9ckn1o3_540.jpg

For Hyo fans
tumblr_o4jahdGcRI1t5qc41o2_540.jpg

tumblr_o4jahdGcRI1t5qc41o1_540.jpg

tumblr_o4jahdGcRI1t5qc41o3_500.jpg

Pendulum

Ryan Jhun posted a picture on Instagram in the last day that showed autographs from Sejeong and Somi, and also tagged Chungha and Chaeyeon. Sejeong and Chungha were in the Fingertips group during the last performances, but Somi and Chaeyeon were not. Spoiler for upcoming episode? If it's to do with some kind of group challenge (we've only got 2 episodes left though), that'll be a hard one to beat based on votes.
Edit: Ok, just found out he's the debut song composer as well. If they want to release the song as soon as possible once the show ends, I would think they're getting everyone (final 22) into the studio for practice and some recording.

Pendulum

It looks like The Ark is no more.

In a nutshell - new Music K website lists two new groups (an idol band, and a girl group set for debut in 2017). The Ark is not listed. Additionally, the new YouTube channel for Music K does not mention The Ark on their new upload of "The Light".

---

In uplifting news, Twice comeback late April, early May.

llehuty

It looks like The Ark is no more.

In a nutshell - new Music K website lists two new groups (an idol band, and a girl group set for debut in 2017). The Ark is not listed. Additionally, the new YouTube channel for Music K does not mention The Ark on their new upload of "The Light".
And that's what happens if you half ass a debut.

Wow this is so meh.... Biggest disappointment of the year so far.
Reminder that Kara "disbanded" this year.

Pendulum

And that's what happens if you half ass a debut.

Music K's choice of debut song didn't help, but I wonder if Yujin's vocal nodules issue was also was a factor in this (if she unfortunately hasn't recovered well).

---

Names of the 4 women involved in the current prostitution scandal have made their way online.
Lee Harin of girl group Sugar, G.Na (Choi Ji Na), aspiring celebrity Lee Min Ji, and former beauty pageant contestant Choi Eun Young
And only two male names have been revealed, even though many more have been involved.
Choi Suk Won and Park Jung Yoon

Eldren

Seohyun lurks confirmed

I'm sorry. But go back to those more natural looking eyebrows please, this double thickness stuff looks dodge

I will never understand kpop stylists. Why do they insist on giving idols these goofy looking eyebrows or shitty hairstyles with ugly bangs that do them no favours? Why do they keep getting employed?!

Anyways, hype for AOA and Oh My Girl.

Pendulum

Here we gooo
Pledis Girlz watching Produce 101 said:

Edit: Ranking going on right now. Girls getting pretty freaked out
Pinky at 19th, Mina at 18th, both previously in Top 11 for pretty much the entire show length
. Neither of the rumored lineups are proven true, as to be expected. Quite clear though that the 1 vote, and big points for 1 group, are changing things up.

Pendulum

Produce 101 episode is still going on, but now we know the Top 22:

22 : Lee Suhyun
21 : Jung Eunwoo
20 : Jeon Soyeon
19 : Zhou Jie Qiong (Pinky)
18 : Kang Mina
17 : Park Soyeon
16 : Kang Sira
15 : Kim Nayoung
14 : Lee Haein
13 : Cathy
12 : Jung Chaeyeon
11 : Kim Doyeon
10 : Yoo Yeonjung
9 : Im Nayoung
8 : Han Hyeri
7 : Yoon Chaekyeong
6 : Kim Sohee
5 : Kim Chungha
4 : Kim Sohye
3 : Choi Yoojung
2 : Kim Sejeong
1 : Jeon Somi

Edit: Well, MNet got what they wanted after mucking around with the vote/performance system - a new ranking that's going to have people tune in for the final episode to see how it all ends up. Thoughts:
VINDICATION FOR CHUNGHA
I've said it before, but it bears repeating - the new 1 vote system really threw a spanner in the works. Jellyfish's Mina and Nayoung drop out of the 11 after being there the entire show, with predictably most votes for that trio going to Sejeong. Somi, with JYP Nation behind her (that vote margin!), regains number 1. The Pledis Girls have done amazingly well thus far with so many in the show right up to now, and the 1 vote system likely affected them as well, but for Pinky to drop so far is big stuff.
And, again, something else that bears repeating - that obscene amount of votes given to 1 group performance. All of the ITSP girls made it into the Top 11 (aside from Kang Sira who went from 29th to 15th). What's interesting is that Doyeon and Yeunjung, previously in the Top 11, were overtaken by the rest of the ITSP girls. I could assume some of Doyeon's votes went to Yoojung (from the same agency), but Yeunjung must have suffered a drop after what I assume was her attitude being aired/edited in a previous episode (1 of the reasons I am not a fan). I know Hyeri's been getting a lot of support from fans for her "cute" image, but to have Sohee up that high is confusing - she was 22nd in the previous ranking
Full rankings for the 35 in the show were revealed. CLC's Eunbin in last place. I didn't think it would be a good mediaplay.

Pendulum

Produce 101:
Next round of voting lasts a week (up to the next, and final, episode).

Next challenge is a debut song evaluation. 2 teams with 1 main vocal, 8 subvocals and 2 rappers for the song "Blah Blah Blah"
ironic that the current Top 11 has no rapper, though Nayoung could do in a pinch
Trainees pick positions in reverse ranking order, with higher ups able to move around someone else's previously selected position. I'm a bit confused how this factors into the final rankings though. Winner of battle in each position gets extra votes on top of the fan votes? This challenge can't be just for shits and giggles.
Edit: Positions for the song:
CeZ45JFWEAAD5Yx.jpg
Sohye's definitely in. Her fan votes, of course, but she's not up against another fan favorite.

Pendulum

Produce 101:
So, I was interested and did some dirty maths. With the winning team in the last challenge getting 150k extra votes, and assuming that's split between the 7 of them at around 21,400 votes, the Top 11 (and remaining 22) would have looked a bit different without that benefit and something like this:

1: Jeon Somi
2: Kim Sejeong
3: Choi Yoojung
4: Kim Chungha
5: Kim Sohye
6: Im Nayoung
7: Jung Chaeyeon
8: Cathy
9: Kim Sohee
10: Lee Haein
11: Yoon Chaekyung
12: Kim Nayoung
13: Han Hyeri
14: Yoo Yeungjung
15: Kim Doyeon
16: Park Soyeon
17: Kang Mina
18: Pinky
19: Jeon Soyeon
20: Jung Eunwoo
21: Lee Suhyun
22: Shin

Chungha would have been above Sohye
Two MBK girls - Chaeyeon and Cathy - would have been in the Top 11. Cathy would have stopped her slide (she was 12th last time)
Kim Sohee would have made the Top 11 even without the benefit, having never been there before - big increase in her relative votes. Same with Chaekyung. Both are sole trainees from their respective agencies.
Haein would have made the Top 11 for the first time.
Kang Sira, without the benefit, would have been eliminated and Shin would have moved up.

Edit: Someone else had the same idea, though had the close votes of Chaekyung/Haein and Doyeon/Soyeon in the other order.

Here are the raws of Episode 10 - parts 1 and 2
Was watching the episode again while doing something else. Just noticed that Yoojung stuck up for Doyeon and moved Hyeri's position in the next challenge after Hyeri moved Doyeon. Love it.

No No Eul

I thought the ITSP girls were going to get 150,000 extra votes each! 21,400 doesn't seem so bad by comparison. :p

Disappointed that Pinky ranked so low.
Doyeon's position is looking pretty shaky. Fans of Fantagio/Yoojung need to spread the love a little.
I'm amazed that Chaekyung has managed to claw her way up that far, even when the extra votes aren't taken into consideration.
Somi's total obliteration of the competition is something to behold.
I've no idea what Haein is doing anywhere near the top 11.
Who on earth is Kim Sohee?

Assuming that victory in each battle does factor into the final outcome, RIP the obviously less popular trainees in a lot of those pairings.

Pendulum

Who on earth is Kim Sohee?

Exactly. I assume she got some recognition from this performance as it's when she begun to get more airtime, but she must have a fair few Korean fans because internationally I see more support for people like Hyeri.

I hope the extra votes or whatever for that last upcoming challenge is individual based, btw. If it's team based, one side is heavily skewed.

roaSone

Reminder that Kara "disbanded" this year.
For me, Kara 'died' when Nicole and Jiyoung left. Even though I really like Youngji, it wasn't Kara anymore.

I finally caught up on Produce101, damn these concept songs were pretty good as a whole!
Fingertips and Yum Yum are so catchy, Don't Matter would have been great if Soyeon was a better rapper, her tone makes me cringe.
In The Same Place is great, all you want for a typical girlgroup debut song, Yeunjung needs to stay in that top11. 24 Hours is the most forgettable, EDM isn't my taste.

Also, Chungha man, I swear that girl is able to slay people only by staring at them, her charisma always stuns me.

p101 -
I like Sohee, she's cute and charming but really gets lost in the show. Only that Exo performance gave her some attention and since then she's gotten more noticed. Anyway none of that is important because YEAAAS CHUNGA. I'm so happy, this is amazing.

I'm also a bit surprised at Lee Haein's popularity. She is often shown having a bit of an attitude on the show. I like her for that though, she doesn't sugarcoat things but it's not the kind of person that I would imagine to be that popular. Kang Mina also took quite a drop, didn't she?

Also I have to admit I'm actually obsessed with 'In The Same Place' as far as this genre of innocent k-pop goes which is plenty nowadays, this song really sticks with me.

Edit:
oh and RIP Dani ... Back into the CCM MBK cellar she goes.

No No Eul

The five songs from the Concepts challenge are on iTunes at long last.

Exactly. I assume she got some recognition from this performance as it's when she begun to get more airtime, but she must have a fair few Korean fans because internationally I see more support for people like Hyeri.

I remember enjoying that performance but... she doesn't ring any bells at all.

p101 -
I'm also a bit surprised at Lee Haein's popularity. She is often shown having a bit of an attitude on the show. I like her for that though, she doesn't sugarcoat things but it's not the kind of person that I would imagine to be that popular.

I realise that everyone on the show is competing for airtime and trying to get the most prominent position they can in any given song, but Haein comes across as being particularly self-centred in those situations and it kinda rubs me up the wrong way.

Also I have to admit I'm actually obsessed with 'In The Same Place' as far as this genre of innocent k-pop goes which is plenty nowadays, this song really sticks with me.

I think it's quite a bit better than a lot of 'proper' releases in that genre. Apink haven't had a single as good as that for ages.

Edit:
oh and RIP Dani ... Back into the CCM MBK cellar she goes.

:(

She had a good run though. I wonder if she'll end up in Dia.

Top Bottom