• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

RedEther

Happy Easter kpop gaf

TT7dkvc.gif

vanty

Disband Secret.
Hyosung solo full time.
Jieun solo full time.
The other two work together on a time machine to go back to before they were nightmare creatures.
Everything is better.

llehuty

여자여자 GIRLS GIRLS - 여자여자 GIRLS GIRLS (New Ver.) Official M/V
I get early 4minute vibes from this. I wished it had more focus on the vocals, seem like blonde girl and high ponytail girl have good voices, but they are buried with those Jimin/Hyuna hybrid verses.

'LIAR LIAR' MV Making Film
Liar Liar (Dance version) MV Making Film I'm assuming they are going to make a dance version with this footage. I like that they are color coded, but yikes, the teaser shoes are in :/

Binnie fancams!
160328 오마이걸(OH MY GIRL) 쇼케이스 - LIAR LIAR 비니 직캠
160328 오마이걸(OH MY GIRL) 쇼케이스 - 한발짝 두발짝 비니 직캠

The Jinyoung track has grown on me since release, I guess that comes from warming up to In te same place.

No No Eul

OK, I'm now fully on board with Liar Liar. I think it was that Binnie fancam that did it. I really like the way the song ends, the way the muffled drums come back in and then it just stops.

I'm still not a fan of the MV though. That colour palette is just sojinpuking.gif.

llehuty

OK, I'm now fully on board with Liar Liar. I think it was that Binnie fancam that did it. I really like the way the song ends, the way the muffled drums come back in and then it just stops.

I'm still not a fan of the MV though. That colour palette is just sojinpuking.gif.

Yeah, the outro is really interesting, I feel like almsot every k-pop song normally ends with a bang, this one just packs it up nicely.
_______

Perfume is now on instagram!

It looks really good on the phone app.

Some of the clips, OMGGG! Spoiler tagging some of them because people maybe want to open them themselves.

Clip 1:
Nochi speaking english *dies*
Clip 2:
Kashiyuka the adorablest
Clip 3:
Kashiyuka being adorable part 2
Clip 4:
Their classic intro
Clip 5:
Kashiyuka and Nochi OTP
Clip 6:
A-chan and Nochi OTP
Clip 7:
A-chan and Kashiyuka OTP and the cutest

I went through the whole thing, and DAMN, I am hyped for the album.

As expected seeing the performance makes Liar Liar much better. Love their formations. The actual song also has nice transitions, and as mentioned the ending is brilliant.

On another note I am feeling nugu boyband A.CIAN's new track. It's a really cute concept, but I'm into the song. The MV I'm not sure about, a bit strange lol. They had another cute concept before this which was trash, and before that they had an ultra manly boxing concept :x. This group has gone through like a million member and even agency changes, which makes me wonder why no one told them to change their group name but whatever. I think only one member remains from the debut line-up in 2012. Their styling is also something else. I don't know, it's been a while since I liked a cutesy boyband concept that I actually find this to be quite charming. I also like the rapper. u~u

Oh and Dal Shabet has been promoting a bit in Taiwan.

Ceo3-7wXIAA5Skg.jpg

Pendulum

YooA + Mimi subunit when

YooA "Liar Liar" fancam (group)
Jiho "One Step Two Steps" fancam (group)
Hyojung "B612" fancam (group)
Arin "Cupid" fancam
vocal line briefly singing Beyonce's "Halo"
Binnie "Cupid" fancam
Seunghee "B612" fancam

Looks like another showcase (VApp with fans?) happened as well. Different clothes, different MC (Shinyoung). Playing a game.

They also announced their fandom name - Miracle.
i-have-seen-the-light.gif

---

Edit:
So here's a teaser for J-Trinity and Nayeon performing Adult Ceremony in Twice's Secret Life

This is a much better love story than MNet + Sohye.

Love it. Another high quality song from OMG. It's obviously no Closer, but most groups don't even get a single song as good as Closer, so it's as expected. Love the music video as well. Hyojung steals the show for me. She looks absolutely amazing. She and Binnie are definitely the top 2. Yooa's hair sucks.

This is great as well. Love the mask on the backup dancers. A neat little touch. This feels like it could have been a Secret song though. I guess we're never getting another Secret song.

Edit:
So here's a teaser for J-Trinity and Nayeon performing Adult Ceremony in Twice's Secret Life

omo omo omo

wdsDOBk.gif

That Hyoseong MV oof. Hope that brings legs back to Kpop since most of them lost too much weight/skip leg day.

Is it weird that I think the individual songs from Hyoseung/Jieun are better than the Secret stuff as a whole?

llehuty

[160328] Dal★Shabet (달샤벳) - Someone Like U @ Special Show
Army crowd is always so HYPE! Dat chorus!!

That Hyoseong MV oof. Hope that brings legs back to Kpop since most of them lost too much weight/skip leg day.

Is it weird that I think the individual songs from Hyoseung/Jieun are better than the Secret stuff as a whole?
Hmmm, IMO they are at the same level. There are some stinkers in Secrets catalogue, but they also have Love is Move, Talk that and I'm in love, to name a few.

[160328] Dal★Shabet (달샤벳) - Someone Like U @ Special Show
Army crowd is always so HYPE! Dat chorus!!

Hmmm, IMO they are at the same level. There are some stinkers in Secrets catalogue, but they also have Love is Move, Talk that and I'm in love, to name a few.

Guess that's kind of true I always remember their super weak early years (magic, madonna, shy boy) and it taints my memory I guess. Their later stuff (and Starlight, Moonlight) is pretty solid. And I remember Jieun's solo debut being strong which probably puts her later stuff in a more positive light for me. Then again 25 was a good followup...so she might just be good all around.

Okay... So I don't really pay attention to kpop all that much, but back in my final year of college I had a moment where i listened to this song waaaaaay too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_iQRO5BdCM

Probably the best music video I've personally ever seen. And the song is great too.

How would you describe the aesthetic. It's not quite steampunk...

That's their identity now though. They made their comeback as a band so I don't think the instruments are going to go anywhere soon. I'm alright with it, they probably past the point they really want to bother with intense choreo.

Fuck that. They've been around for 9 years. Their last comeback alone does not define them.

Okay... So I don't really pay attention to kpop all that much, but back in my final year of college I had a moment where i listened to this song waaaaaay too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_iQRO5BdCM

Probably the best music video I've personally ever seen. And the song is great too.

How would you describe the aesthetic. It's not quite steampunk...

Steamkpop.

llehuty

SHY BOY IS THE BEST SECRET SONG FIGHT ME TO DEATH IF YOU DISAGREE
It's good, but it can't be the best one when Love is Move is a thing.

But seriosuly, I'm not surprised of people having different favourites because their discography is so diverse.
yesss that 'talk that' appreciation. i love that song.
It's really good. K-pop should go more often to these kind of low key sinthy landscapes if Talk That and OMG's Closer are anything to go by.

Pendulum

Edit:

I was hoping for a full performance, but it seems it was a one time teaser because [TWICE Private Life][Teaser] TWICE’s ‘Descendants of the Sun’ EP.05 20160329

---

4 special episodes of Produce 101 are going to be aired after the April 1 finale, showing behind the scenes stuff. See how your fave really is after you vote them in! See the Happy Face members!

---

ex-Dal Shabet member Viki left her previous agency because she was unhappy how they were mistreating her. So she's joined MBK. :/

---

Red Velvet from W Magazine

Cuddler

I liked Poison but after that their title track were worse and worse. I can't be the only one who think that YooHoo wasn't really a good fit for them as a title track, some girl groups shouldn't really do cute concepts, it sometimes just look forced and involuntary stupid. Despite what some people think cute/innocents concepts are not so easy to pull off imo, especially when your personality is already well known and everyone knows you are just fake it. For me is the same as it was for Kara, I'm not saying that some of their cute songs weren't good, but those videos just feel forced to me, especially for Gyuri.
But I do I do and yoohoo were top tier. *shudder*
I guess it also depends on when you started listening to them, my first song was Poison and after that a song like YooHoo just feel out of place as a title track imo.
I like poison *hides*
You are definitely not the only one!

flyover

Poison is awful. The ultimate example of the dangers of using cheap sax samples.

I always imagine that there is some guy in Korea who's become a millionaire just by being the go-to shitty-synth-sax session player for the big labels. Like he gets a residual check in the mail every time Touch My Body or Up & Down get another 1M views at YouTube.

llehuty

NEW NICOLE OUT OF NOWHERE!
ニコル1st アルバムタイトル曲「HAPPY」Teaser♪
And sounds great! The KARA vibes ;_;

DAY6 "Letting Go(놓아 놓아 놓아)" M/V
This is good.

I always imagine that there is some guy in Korea who's become a millionaire just by being the go-to shitty-synth-sax session player for the big labels. Like he gets a residual check in the mail every time Touch My Body or Up & Down get another 1M views at YouTube.
LMAO, this cracked me up.
Fuck that guy, though.

I was hoping for a full performance, but it seems it was a one time teaser because [TWICE Private Life][Teaser] TWICE’s ‘Descendants of the Sun’ EP.05 20160329

TWICE Private Life [5회] 트와이스, 성인식 안무 연습 160329 EP.5
Some BTS.

Edit: New page already?
tumblr_o4q8oi78fk1umjtm7o1_500.gif

Top Bottom