• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

llehuty

GOT MY KCON FRANCE TICKET, hope other Euro k-pop gaffers take the plunge, could be fun doing a meeting or something.

[Teaser] 레드썬 "Hot baby" - Hot baby

If one of these groups somehow get some success, I will fly to South Korea and punch Pledis' CEO in the face.

The cocosori song is legit, tho. And the chemmistry formulas are hilariously legit. PV=nRT 4 ever!

ezgif-4120439013w6ubs.gif
Lmao, she is amazing.

Hi everyone. I been lurking here for a while.

Tracklist preview for Jessicas album:

nFqVGe2.jpg

Didn't see this here.

Kinda looks like a menu in a restaurant.

Fabolous is kinda random though. Caught me off guard there.
Welcome ex-lurker! I'm intrigued by Sica's debut, I wonder if SM will be able to do any kind of blacklist. They probably don't need to since she is probably public enemy #1 for netizens, next to Sulli and T-ara.

Cuddler

I'm really late but the new 2BiC song is out:
투빅 2BiC - 니꺼내꺼 Yours Mine (Acoustic Ver.) Official M/V
Really good song, it's kind of interesting that they decided to release the acoustic version as MV. Second MV in a row released in the kt music channel, I guess something changed with 1thek. Here is the regular version singed live:
Pops in Seoul _ 2BiC(투빅) _ Yours Mine (니꺼내꺼) _ LIVE (this video actually have the English translation of the lyrics)
[SBS]아름다운이아침김창완,니꺼내꺼, 투빅 라이브

I actually like the regular version a little better, the instrumental is actually pretty good. Other performances:
[SBS]아름다운이아침김창완,나이기를(Promise You), 투빅 라이브
[SBS]아름다운이아침김창완,Isn't She Lovely, 투빅 라이브
Pops in Seoul _ 2BiC(투빅) _ Your Eyes, Nose and Lips(니 눈 니 코 니 입술) _ LIVE

They also released a song for the OST of the drama "Goodbye Mr Black":
투빅 (2BiC) - 참아 [굿바이 미스터 블랙 OST Part.4]
I've seen the title translated to "Endure" or "Bear". Hopefully the drama suddenly become super popular.
please
SNL Korea has received a sanction from the Korea Communications Standards Commission for the Zico/Kyung kiss scene.
So ridiculous, reminded me of some the politicians that didn't want Modern Family to be shown here during the day, thankfully not that many people are so ignorant. Also in the same show GOT7 Jackson kissed Shin Dong Yup 2/3 weeks ago, lol. I wonder what happen if two guys/girls kiss on the street in front of people, jail? I've noticed that Korean reacts video are multiplying lately and while I don't believe they are representative of an entire society, some of those are reacting to gay people and it's ridiculous how many people (guys especially) still don't even want to be friend. Anyway, on a more light hearted note, since we are talking about kiss, I found this Taemin video:
140518 TAEMIN FanCam (Goong Musical)
The second kiss wasn't actually on the script, they did this to him as a prank but he went in like crazy, lol. Taemin confirmed as great.

Pendulum

Suran!
수란 (Suran) - 너의 꿈에 [딴따라 OST Part.2]

---

TWICE TV3 EP.01 (Eng subs available)
Twice "Cheer Up" @ Music Bank + "Touchdown"
Twice and Lovelyz in the backstage interview. shashasha

---

Website (with links to their social media). Halla of defunct The Ark is in it (going by the name of Lee Suji) as well as Kim Sohee from Produce 101 and both members of CocoSori.

Been out of town the past few days so I'm catching up with Twice's Cheer Up... I like it, but I think I like Ooh Ahh more.

Tzuyu with blue hair should be a bannable offense.

Anything else major that I missed?

I'm actually more surprised that Dallas doesn't have much more idol exports.

The Korean community here is hidden, but they're freakin' huge. Just a few years ago there was only one K-Town in the entire DFW area, but now there's 3! And that number seems to be going higher and higher thanks to Cali expats who thirst for water and tax breaks.

It also helps that Shin Soo-choo plays for the Texas Rangers and is surprisingly one of the more popular players in the team. Hell even the ballpark started a "traditional Korean night" a few years ago ever since he started playing here. His wife supposedly also loves the area like we locals do, and with a stupid long contract I have a feeling he's going to retire here.

Maybe in a couple of years we'll start seeing some Wendy's and Ailee's come out of Dallas and bring us on the map? Lol.

Pendulum

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
CocoSori's awesome MV led me to their web series. Coco is just too cute for this world. It was endearing seeing them watch their performance for the first time and also seeing that they are so broke they do their own makeup. Nugu kpop so precious. Thank you government subsidies.

llehuty

AOA comeback 3rd week of May

AOA
SAVE U

Lifeguard concept is going to save kpop.
The cabi song follow up we deserved. I find quite interesting the AOA concept progression. First 3 singles or so were cute sexy, nesxt 4 or 5 were kind of mature sexy and now they have been on campy sexy for a year.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Power & Influence... but how does this show IU is destroying kpop?

I just had the surreal experience of seeing 9 Muses do Me Gustas Tú. Not a good fit.

llehuty

I just had the surreal experience of seeing 9 Muses do Me Gustas Tú. Not a good fit.
Yeah, it's a bit awkward. Watch them sixth sense. A much better fitting.

Talking about 9muses, I need the makestar thing to begin already. (In for the "they will perform at your home" tier).

Nine Muses has the following to make good bank in crowdfunding, also considering their international status as 'the underrated group' even moreso than others like Rainbow and Dal Shabet (rip) etc.

Talking about Dal Shabet, serving you hippie realness.

llehuty

Twice's Cheer Up will hit 12 million views in less than a week. It looked like Red Velvet and Gfriend would have an easy path to reach girl's nation group status, but I feel like Twice is just overtaking them. This just puts into perspective how important is hyping a group before debut.

No, it's from some kinda fashion event. It would make a cool comeback concept though.

Unfortunately, korean audience is not ready for retro greatness. I still can't believe Someone like U, B.B.B or even Wonder Girls's I feel you didn't destroy the charts

Peru

Twice's Cheer Up will hit 12 million views in less than a week. It looked like Red Velvet and Gfriend would have an easy path to reach girl's nation group status, but I feel like Twice is just overtaking them. This just puts into perspective how important is hyping a group before debut.

SM doesn't like hyping up anything - they'll just release product all of a sudden

luso

SM doesn't like hyping up anything - they'll just release product all of a sudden

But those 528973 exo teasers...

Hi everyone. I been lurking here for a while.

Tracklist preview for Jessicas album:

nFqVGe2.jpg

Didn't see this here.

Kinda looks like a menu in a restaurant.

Fabolous is kinda random though. Caught me off guard there.

http://coridelent.com/notice/?lang=en&uid=51&mod=document

Welcome.
You know the drill: Top soshi.
And now introducing: Top Twice.

I also hope Tiffany solo goes well regardless.

Twice is without a doubt the biggest rookie girl group right now. Anyone claiming anything else is delusional. I'm assuming the mini will sell even better than their debut did, which means that they have nailed both the fandom and the general public. They actually could become the next SNSD. Red Velvet have enough with competing with Gfriend and Mamamoo. I really love how competitive the rookie girl group scene is, and SM decides to give them a super niche ballad. Real clever.

That being said,
Red Velvet > OMG > Lovelyz > Twice > Minx / Purfles / Sonamoo (lets pretend like I didn't have to google around because I couldn't remember their name) / CLC / WJSN / Playback > Gfriend > Every rookie boy group aside from NCT U > Mamasnooze

Peru

Twice is the most pop rookie girl group (or just girl group) of the year but Girlfriend has the biggest single of the year by far.

That being said,
Mamamoo > Red Velvet > OMG > Lovelyz > Twice > Minx / Purfles / Sonamoo (lets pretend like I didn't have to google around because I couldn't remember their name) / CLC / WJSN / Playback > Gfriend > Every rookie boy group aside from NCT U

Ftfy

Also what's the difference between omg, gfriend and lovelyz?

Peru

Top Bottom