• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

feist_

Banned
Mina ——> Chaeyoung
Sana ——> Tzuyu
Momo ——> Dahyun

When will these imperialists stop preying on impressionable minors?

Hi everyone. I been lurking here for a while.

Tracklist preview for Jessicas album:

nFqVGe2.jpg

Didn't see this here.

Kinda looks like a menu in a restaurant.

Fabolous is kinda random though. Caught me off guard there.

http://coridelent.com/notice/?lang=en&uid=51&mod=document

Yoo I have no idea about K-Pop but this happened to me today and I guess I'l post it here:

Heard the popular Hot Summer on the radio today (it's about to get pretty warm here in Germany in the next week). The song is by Monrose, a band nobody outside of Germany should know about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDbUqDGGtl8

However, the moderator on the radio mentioned there's a K-Pop cover? I googled it and a band called f(x) covered it! How crazy is that? (BTW: Do they like math or statistics or what lol.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCiCCy9D4h0

That's all.
Welcome.

oti xero: K-Pop has a lot of influence from elsewhere. Sometimes it's songs that where re-imagined, translated, or inspired by foreign songs or artists. Sometimes, the "original" song may not have ever been released, and only surfaced as a demo:

"Baby Steps" has been covered multiple times, in more than one language.

Varsity - BabySteps
TaeTiSeo / TTS (태티서) - Baby Steps Lyrics (Eng/Rom/Han & Color Coded)

"RDR" was a demo, which SNSD/Girls' Generation went on to record:

Ke$ha - Run Devil Run (Lyrics On Screen)
Girls' Generation(소녀시대) _ RunDevilRun(런데빌런) _ MusicVideo

oti

Banned

Are there K-Pop covers of any Greek songs?

All I know about K-Pop is that there's a band called Girls Generations with a red-haired singer. I had two semesters of Japanese at University and some girls who studied Korean and were really into K-Pop were in my class. They would sing and dance some crazy dances and everything.

feist_

Banned
Are there K-Pop covers of any Greek songs?
I'm not knowledgeable enough about Greek music to know, unfortunately.

I'd image you're more likely to find one of the following:

- Native Greeks and Greek-____ covering K-Pop in Greek, English or Korean.

- Producers with Greek heritage producing for K-Pop artists.

When covering or being influenced by foreign work, the songs tend to focus on Western English-language artists, along with Japanese, Chinese, Scandinavian,and others.

All I know about K-Pop is that there's a band called Girls Generations with a red-haired singer. I had two semesters of Japanese at University and some girls who studied Korean and were really into K-Pop were in my class. They would sing and dance some crazy dances and everything.
Choreo and performances are among the most popular elements. Some samples here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=172708331&postcount=110

If you're still interested, the OP is a great resource: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132908147&postcount=1

this place is weird
Usually in the best way possible.

Don't take some of the posts and comments here all too seriously. You get a feel for the regulars and overall thread tone after some time.

Pendulum

Former G-Friend member who left the group right before debut sentenced to pay over 10 million KRW to Source Music

Lengthy quote because AKP
Source Music has won their lawsuit against a former G-Friend member who left the group right before the group's debut.

Source Music had filed a lawsuit against trainee 'A'. She had signed a short-term training contract with Source Music in October 2013 and had received vocal and dance training. However, in April 2014, she told the label that she wanted to rest and wanted to stop, and stopped coming to training. Source Music claimed that 'A' had agreed to submit the documents for contract cancellation as well as pay the fees. The contract that she signed stated that if she had broken the contract, she had to pay twice the amount that Source Music invested in her. However, 'A' took no action to pay the amount, and Source Music filed the suit in August 2014.

During the suit, Source Music demanded a total of 55.7 million KRW (~49k USD), with 12.47 million KRW (~11k USD) as double the amount invested, and 43.22 million KRW (~38k USD) that included the additional girl group training and dorming fees from the team debut being pushed back 5 months. 'A' tried to protest that Source Music imposed impossible weight loss on her and excluded her from training saying her looks were problematic, but the court did not accept her defense, reasoning that 'A' did not come to training and therefore broke the contract, meaning she had to pay the double amount.

However, the court did not accept that it was 'A's fault that G-Friend's debut was pushed back 5 months, reasoning, "G-Friend was originally planned to be a 7 member group, but another trainee other than 'A' left, making the group 5 members until another member was added for it to be 6. From this, it can't be said that it was only 'A's fault that the debut was delayed."

The court ordered 'A' to pay the original contract breaking fee of 12.47 million KRW.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So they not only wanted her to pay double, they tried to put the cost of the entire group for 5 months on her as if everyone was just waiting around for her to come back? I know contracts are contracts and backing out has professional implications, but Source Music is coming off really douchey here.

So Kim Sae-Ron, the little girl from Man From Nowhere is now getting lead roles at the tender age of not even 16. The male lead in Mirror of the Witch is almost twice her age.

5KhTJSg.gif

llehuty

Nine Muses will be working with Makestar to do a special photoshoot/pictorial for fans. A total of 2000 photobooks will be made. Each member worked with a different photographer. The concept & the outfits were picked out by the members themselves.

This is the start of the special projects/events that will happen for their debut anniversary this year.

credit: @9muniverse

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002554295

hmmm

Merrymint

Welcome ex-lurker! I'm intrigued by Sica's debut, I wonder if SM will be able to do any kind of blacklist. They probably don't need to since she is probably public enemy #1 for netizens, next to Sulli and T-ara.

Thank you, same. I'm wondering if she's gonna get something lighthearted or something with ear shattering. I don't think they will netizens "hate" her enough like you said, Sica takes a pic with family and its a "photo op." lol. I think they'll still buy it or stream it which still helps.

Thank you. :D

Welcome.
You know the drill: Top soshi.
And now introducing: Top Twice.

I also hope Tiffany solo goes well regardless.

Oooh

Top Soshi: Vocal wise: Taeyeon, First love even though she wasn't popular: Hyoyeon... I know I probably broke a law by picking two.

Top Twice: Gotta be Momo

Thanks for the welcome in the thread.

tayLuaN.gif

Dice

Nice username. It's cute, I like it. We gotta get you proper fit with a nice kpop avatar tho. Who do you fancy?

llehuty

The different but not color coded stockings are bothering me for some reason. I find it weird that they went with a cut with Mina throwing the hat.

So, how much truth is behind this rumor of Kim Jihyang joining Nine Muses?

I see people still going on about it, but I think that's a shot from a show she works on, no?
I'm confident people got confused here, but oh, I wouldn't be against this.

I think I need to sit down for a second here.

Merrymint

Nice username. It's cute, I like it. We gotta get you proper fit with a nice kpop avatar tho. Who do you fancy?

Thanks, part of an old username i had on a dead forum. Well a nickname i got.

Lets see. Who do I fancy:

E-Young(well any current/former after school member)
Taeyeon
Hyoyeon
Jessica
Luna
Hyeri
Jiyoung
Nara
Momo

If you're making me one you can pick. I'm not particularly picky.

those gifs are the best.

Dice

Hmm well the Taeyeon army is kinda ridiculous around here and unfortunately 98% of Eyoung media is gifs and the pics are blurry or have shitty filters on them, so here is a tastefully understated Hyeri. I could get you a lovely Jessica selection if I had my desktop.

dhxW4uF.png

Remind me to persuade you to the school of Joy sometime.

Merrymint

Hmm well the Taeyeon army is kinda ridiculous around here and unfortunately 98% of Eyoung media is gifs and the pics are blurry or have shitty filters on them, so here is a tastefully understated Hyeri. I could get you a lovely Jessica selection if I had my desktop.

dhxW4uF.png

Remind me to persuade you to the school of Joy sometime.

True, Taeyeon army is very strong here and also true. Eyoung is mostly blurry pics. rare to see clear ones. This Hyeri is great. Thank you.

and If by School of Joy you mean Red Velvets Joy, I have shamed myself as I forgot about Red Velvet in my post. If I'm in need of a Joy education please do.

Dice

When is Joy perfect? Always.
What concepts suit Joy? All of them.
What hair color does she look good in? All of them.
What mood conveys her natural flawless grace? All of them.

You don't need to tell me. I can already tell you're thinking "I need more Joy in my life!" and that is okay. I am here to help.
I went on a small compilation run just for you. For sake of the thread we won't make this post too-mega.

But in the meantime I happened across this gif in the process.

tumblr_njf71nEnv61sn29lho2_250.gif

feist_

Banned
Exo comeback should be a good sign of whether the group still has some life in them, or if they will be doing dull cash-in music from now on.

Is Lay still alive? In the group?

Brave Girls' "Deepened" remains one of the year's best releases.

[그라운드공연] BraveGirls_변했어

Youngji -vs- Namjoo

Isn't OT 7 the level Tom Cruise is at? So soon we will have telekinetic powers like him.
R750x0

Fairly certain I've never heard anyone draw that connection to "o. t."

Also, noticed no one answered your Mamamoo challenge.

Thanks, part of an old username i had on a dead forum. Well a nickname i got.

Lets see. Who do I fancy:

E-Young(well any current/former after school member)

roaSone

Guys, is it necessary to watch Reply 1994 before 1988 ? I mean is there any links beside the parents characters ?

Also welcome new fellas, enjoy your stay!

@Merrymint, funny how your list of biases is composed of totally different girls when it comes to their look and personality.

ultra7k

Guys, is it necessary to watch Reply 1994 before 1988 ? I mean is there any links beside the parents characters ?

Also welcome new fellas, enjoy your stay!

@Merrymint, funny how your list of biases is composed of totally different girls when it comes to their look and personality.

There is a bit of cross over with one of the characters that can really ruin what makes 1994 fun. I'd say watch 1994 then 1988.

Necessary? No. There's a few small cameos that make more sense if you've seen 1994, but nothing big.

That being said, unless you are looking for a dose of late 80s Korean society nostalgia, or you're more interested in the stories of the parents, then 1988 doesn't really offer much new to the formula. Objectively speaking, there are things 88 does better than 94, especially toning down the who will end up with who aspect a little. But to me, 1994 was so much more enjoyable. I'm not into the Reply series to learn about the struggles of raising a teenager or becoming old in the 80s and 90s. There was way too much of that shit in 88.

roaSone

Well, I'll see how it goes, I'm gonna watch both series.
I might even go for the full loop with 1997 cause Eunji was great.

No No Eul

I know we've been complaining about that style of shorts since forever but man, they really need to go. Like, now. Preferably before the AOA MV was filmed, somehow.

In other news, AOA X Baywatch hype. Who's going to play the role of David Hasselhoff though? That's the really important question.

Top Bottom