• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Ashhong

You mean Produce101 wasn't scripted? *kappa

Listening to Jessica's album, and wow at that hot fire of a verse from Fabolous. The hell.

Is it just me or is the sound quality really poor on this? Noticed it immediately on Fly. She sounds distorted, like they used autotune but just enough so that they think we might not notice it. It's really bothering me.

roaSone

Listening to Jessica's album, and wow at that hot fire of a verse from Fabolous. The hell.

Is it just me or is the sound quality really poor on this? Noticed it immediately on Fly. She sounds distorted, like they used autotune but just enough so that they think we might not notice it. It's really bothering me.
We all noticed it yeah. It kinda added insult to injury since Sica's voice is already annoying to listen to begin with. :>

Pendulum

Soljio
CjRTc97UgAAwGOo.jpg:orig

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That was... I... don't know....

Seemed like it'd be an anime style pop song at first but then they pumped it up a bit to more of a normal pop song, then shifted to some vocal breakdown reminiscent of some 80s rock acts, then the Egyptian stuff came in... overall I ended up liking it but that was a very strange first experience. Far better than Lia Liar, so that's nice.

llehuty

Yessss, the one in charge of picking tracks for OMG is a god!

And yesss Yezi, take everyone to chemistry classes. She knows what's up.

*lights the k-pop chemistry GAF bros signal*

I had to listen to it a few times before it clicked, because the song is pretty weird, but it clicked hard. Another amazing song. OMG are too good for this world confirmed. Not too fond of the music during the windy days part as it feels kind of out of place, but aside from that it's great. Just like in Closer Hyojung is the one that is featured when the song kicks it into gear at around 0:43. Somebody needs to count the amount of shots Arin gets outside of the group shots.

broz0rs

I liked the chorus a lot because it's refreshing and cute in a Jpop way. The Egyptian riff is pretty damn annoying though, almost kills it for me.

God bless Oh My Girl, I for one approve of them being named the official Gaf!Girlband.

The MV is great, love that kinda creepy fairytale vibe they've got going on.

Dice

I had to listen to it a few times before it clicked, because the song is pretty weird, but it clicked hard.
Yeah man I listened to it like 5 times in a row out of pure intrigue and it really set in now I can't stop. I love it. What you can see of the choreo also looks great like past releases. Whoever they work with is great at crafting a unique and fun vibe.

Pendulum

"Windy Day" debuted in the top 30 on Melon - I believe that's OMG's best to date
then it promptly dropped 20 places. Wake up Korea.

roaSone

If they were from a better agency maybe they would be more popular. WM Entertainment had some controversies about charts manipulation with B1A4 afair.

llehuty

Dice

Maybe it was almost picked up by f(x) and that is Sulli's first time hearing it from them but she knows it and that's why it's hilarious to her.

Edit: A discussion of nugus who don't really fit mainstream kpop made m think of Year 7 Class 1 and I wondered what they were up to so I checked it out and they recently did some dance numbers completely different from their usual style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0DvSv373TE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uj5hXhh18M

Aside from this, I'm not sure what this "SHOWBOX" thing is but it seems like a small form of the -48 model in Japan where they do standard scheduled shows in a partnered venue. What they do is definitely similar to those groups so it doesn't seem too far a stretch, though they probably still play at schools and festivals.

feist_

Banned
OMG deliver again? Must be a day of the week that ends in "day."

It's always seemed to me that the common criticism directed at Mamamoo by people in this thread, myself included, is that their songs are boring, or lacking in some way. Aside from what Ym1r has said recently, I didn't think there was really any doubt about the members' abilities as performers.
Fair enough, and I can definitely see how their sound or style may not connect at all with some people.

Everyone get into JinE! I told you!
The title 'windy day' keeps making me think of this Weather Girls song.
JinE's "problem" seems to be bigger than the awful hair styling they've always given her. She simply doesn't stand out enough, despite being at least decent-good at dancing, singing, etc. Apparently her comedy sense is similar to Seunghee, but that aspect also hasn't been displayed that well as of yet, either.

Even 16y/o Arin is slowly becoming more prominent within the group than JinE. She either needs her moment(s) to shine or has to start creating them herself.

More helpful than anything she's done in years.

Edit: A discussion of nugus who don't really fit mainstream kpop made m think of Year 7 Class 1 and I wondered what they were up to so I checked it out and they recently did some dance numbers completely different from their usual style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0DvSv373TE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uj5hXhh18M
Yeah, these immediately brought to mind the work of god-level dancers/choreographers 1Million Dance Studio (especially "Elastic Heart"), and once I saw the credits at the end it was confirmed.

1M have recently had their official Youtube terminated which housed years of incredible videos. Incredible videos. As far as Youtube sources, the site currently only hosts the individual choreographers' channels, along with the 1MILLION Dance Tutorial channel.

None of those are as good as the 1M channel proper.

Year 7, Class 1 have come a long way from their zero budget days of performing "Always" for several months before making an official debut.

Random sidenote: As you've had me on ignore you've missed that I had been posting ~5-6 of your most recent faves for at least a year or more now.

Dice

Random sidenote: As you've had me on ignore you've missed that I had been posting ~5-6 of your most recent faves for at least a year or more now.
Huh? I still click to view your posts, though I don't always keep track of the thread well. I almost posted Twice @ Yonsei because I overlooked discussion of it between miss A & Mamamoo stuff. I often don't reply to megaposts because even if I'm particularly enamored enough to be so inclined, it's kind of annoying to isolate a link for the pics of one person out of a bunch.

JinE's "problem" seems to be bigger than the awful hair styling they've always given her. She simply doesn't stand out enough, despite being at least decent-good at dancing, singing, etc. Apparently her comedy sense is similar to Seunghee, but that aspect also hasn't been displayed that well as of yet, either.

Even 16y/o Arin is slowly becoming more prominent within the group than JinE. She either needs her moment(s) to shine or has to start creating them herself.

Well she did have a few moments. When OMG were on After School Club, the English hosted show of Arirang TV, she showcased her weird humor a bit. She always seemed super shy, but that moment really gave her a lot of charms. Also this video showased her personality a bit.

It's true though she doesn't stand out in the group at all. All the other girls are prettier/more talented and she just screams 'filler'. In all honesty the reason she stood out to me is because she reminds me of my little sis for some reason. :I

Loci

Red Velvet gonna perform tomorrow at muh university.
Will see how many little Korean girls I have to push aside to get a decent spot.

Dice

Red Velvet gonna perform tomorrow at muh university.
Will see how many little Korean girls I have to push aside to get a decent spot.
Report if Joy seems well. That incident was very concerning and from the full video she seemed woozy so maybe it wasn't an earpiece accident or whatever.

almost memorial weekend bout to leave work... my gosh! i can't believe this is on youtube:
(sorry very 90's kpop)

노이즈 - 너에게 원한 건
N.O.I.S.E. with their freestyle dance moves hahaha =D

edit: since i'm bottom post #50 it won't bother anyone to post a few more =)
노이즈 - 내가 널 닮아갈 때 part 1
노이즈 - 내가 널 닮아갈 때 closing part 2

Wow, my favorite song from them uploaded on youtube, this stuff is long OOP
널 선택한 이유

Oooo they have Noise 2nd album uploaded too =) damn these are classics!
지금 너의 모습
변덕스런 그녀

Top Bottom