• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

neoism

Clno8QPXIAANfOB.jpg

Clnr5IXWAAApcOA.jpg

ClnoIQEXIAIV101.jpg

ClnpRwSWQAAp1FL.jpg

Clnsmj-WMAEAnX6.jpg

😘😘😘😘😘 her hair is soo 😍

neoism

Twice is obviously the new SNSD - varied bunch of personalities that appeal to the mainstream, no group concept that locks them to a certain niche or age group, big company backing them up, about equal split male & female fans.

thought it was AOA Kappa

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I agree it seems like Twice is the new SNSD. Reception is on the right scale for it and they hit that mainstream sweet spot. They already have more good songs than SNSD so it should be nice.

Red Velvet the new Kara.

GFriend the new... ????

Kisum worked with a guy called TL on this track.

If you didn't know, No-Jam (노잼) means something or someone isn't fun. Well done on the pun either way.

Interesting, never heard of this TL guy nor about the No-Jam thing.

Anyway, the album finally dropped and goddamn, it's the summer album of the year for me.

Free Time is IMHO one of the best songs I've heard all year. It's just soooo fun to listen to, and very chill. This is probably gonna be my summer anthem for this year... it's sad that it's hidden in the album instead of a single, but it's also understandable coz she's done a lot of tracks like this and I'm sure she'd prefer to do show something different.

Peru

Speaking of good SNSD songs, it's absurd it took until the Gfriend generation of girl groujps for Into the New World to inspire copycats.That should've been "the" sound for girl groups for a couple of years post-2007. Guess no one managed to match Kenzie and gave up.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
watched the cheer up mv and someone in the group looks like nana and idk how i feel about that

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
idk what it is, looking at google it's extremely slight but at least in that cheer up video she does at certain angles.

Dice

A lot of people thought she was Nana-ish early on. Someone said it was "western looking asian girl face" or something.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
i was curious to see what ladies code had been up to, wondering if they continued and yep.. they came back with their best song and at the same time it is still really fucking sad

Dice

I saw them perform Pretty Pretty and THAT was really fucking sad. They need to move on to only new things.

Pendulum

gugudan 'Act.1 The Little Mermaid' Highlight Medley
Single is the first track. I'm so done with these generic cute concepts/songs right now
I was never there

---

Brave Girls teasers for Minyoung, Yujin, Hayoon

---

edit:
Anyone watching this Fiestar livestream on YT? Does this sort of stuff get subbed eventually?
I am not sure MBC will - there are similar videos ("Live Idol TV") that don't have official subs. And I am not sure if there is a significant Fiestar fan sub team. :/

Pendulum

Some teaser photos for some of the special stages at Music Bank's half-year show tomorrow
kq4lBdU.jpg

Tzuyu, Jihyo, Sin B, Elkie (thought to be performing Miss A's "Only You")

IuQvYtj.jpg

Momo, Seunghee, Joy, Yuju (looks like Sistar's "Touch My Body")

llehuty

[MV] ROMEO(로미오) _ MIRO - C'mon Ilehuty got me hyped for this after posting the teaser earlier, really love the SHINee-esque sound of this. Also Minho featuring in this MV solely to deliver smug expressions, please.
So damn good. Need dance practice now, I will never understand these groups with amazing choreo that waste so many time and money in stupid sets, closeups and shit.

Some teaser photos for some of the special stages at Music Bank's half-year show tomorrow
Momo, Seunghee, Joy, Yuju is so damn OP, that Music Bank felt they had to nerf them with a bad song.

Dice

Joy got skinny. I hope she's on a Chorong-like fitness plan, not just starving herself. Always hard to tell first.

Peru

Sweet that they're doing a dance show but they're missing out on some good ones. Surely many girl group members could outdance Bora?

Pendulum

Sweet that they're doing a dance show but they're missing out on some good ones. Surely many girl group members could outdance Bora?

Indeed. I doubt they chose her on dance ability alone. Probably looking for someone to show curves for ratings.

---

Edit:
More Music Bank special stages (with Starship Special Stage)
EXO's Chanyeol (찬열) & TWICE's Nayeon (나연) - Dream
EXID's Hani (하니) & KNK's Jihun (지훈) - Trouble Maker
SISTAR's Soyou (소유) & MONSTA X's Shownu (셔누) - My Ear's Candy

llehuty

Maybe is part of a pack with the Monsta X dude. She is also an ok dancer, I think she did some decent job in one gayo stage a couple of years ago.

But I have a feeling that Starship just doesn't know how to promote their artists, and they will throw them at any chance they have. Hyorin on Unpretty Rapstar was so damn ridiculous.

Dice

Why do we get 2 Sistar songs... and even Sistar themselves performed "Shake It" and "I Swear" on the same show today. PD has a hard on for Sistar.
Yuju dumpstering Hyolyn with her own song so worth it.

Top Bottom