• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

giri

Nicole's song is boring as hell. They should have spent some of the pushup bra budget on a half decent song.

Eh, I love it. But I went in assuming it was going to be of that "lounge bar" vibe. Like her kara solo. It's her comfort zone.

Can't wait to see the live dance version.

ramyeon

To be fair, i misremembered your original statement. But,

Is an overstatement regardless.

And to use your own argument against you;

That line of statements is so entirely subjective for rookies who have not gone mainstream in the slightest. Which none of those 3 have.

You might not like the comparison to the other groups/idols like RV/ Winner / PJY etc, but they're valid. They just ruin the bar you wish to set. Or re-write.

Stanning has meaning out side the hardcore / stalker definition, particularly in a community like k-pop where there so many levels of fandom. The connotation here being that you're living in a world where (or that statement was made from one where) you assume everyone thinks the same about the group you like and holds them at the same standard. Another word could suffice, but stanning works. Suggest another. Fanning?

Sort of agree sort of don't with regards to RV. Their debut certainly wasn't as promoted or hyped over such a long period as you would normally expect out of SM. Which lead to some of the anticipation just not being there. And whilst I expect they were meant to debut this year, I think SM skipped a promotion cycle or two with them to try and take away /cover up some of the scandals they've had this year. But it was still there in droves. It's SM.

It doesn't really sound like you're willing to change your stance on it, and that's fine. It's all fandom stuff and people are entitled to hold their own opinion. Just means people are allowed to hold counter opinions as well.

I certainly didn't mean for it to devolve into this long of a series of posts, and I certainly don't "dislike" mamamoo as much as this has made it seem. If nothing else their name is fun to type. I just found the over hype funny.
So you've realised that you completely misconstrued my original statement, and have even quoted it there but continue to misinterpret it. I'm not setting a bar or trying to rewrite a bar or whatever. I wasn't even comparing them to any other group or debut, you're the only person doing that.

Once again you're trying to play the "delusional" card (You've even used the classic "Living in a world where..."). Can we please stop that? I don't have nearly enough vested interest in any idol groups to the point where I think everyone thinks the same as me and I've never acted like that was the case. If anyone's doing that it's you man. Come on.

And I like it how you've even said people are allowed to have different opinions yet seem so intent on disproving mine as some fandom driven delusion.

Edit: And your edited version of my argument doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Firstly because Mamamoo was targeting a very different fanbase to begin with. That's why they got involved with artists like K.will, Wheesung, Bumkey and Baek Ji Young. It was to interest fans of those artists, they aren't going after the idol otaku fan base. The comments from people on related articles I've seen suggest this worked to some extent and their fan base is quite different from groups like Pritz and Laboum which are very much catering towards hardcore idol fans.

And then I'm not sure where you're going with the part about sourcing your opinions from Korean news portal comments. Because as far as I know you can't read Korean and if you're reading translations you're not getting the whole picture and just cherry picked comments from fans.

Loci

254D794D546B638C2B5E8A

giri

So you've realised that you completely misconstrued my original statement, and have even quoted it there but continue to misinterpret it. I'm not setting a bar or trying to rewrite a bar or whatever. I wasn't even comparing them to any other group or debut, you're the only person doing that.

Once again you're trying to play the "delusional" card (You've even used the classic "Living in a world where..."). Can we please stop that? I don't have nearly enough vested interest in any idol groups to the point where I think everyone thinks the same as me and I've never acted like that was the case. If anyone's doing that it's you man. Come on.

And I like it how you've even said people are allowed to have different opinions yet seem so intent on disproving mine as some fandom driven delusion.

You used the word delusional, not me. But If that's what you want to be classed as it would certainly seem to fit.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I think Baek Ji Young is a really cool person with okay music, enjoy K.will a good amount, loooove Bumkey, think Wheesung is hot garbage, and feel Mamamoo is boring with a more-into-themselves-than-music vibe.

Not making a point to the argument here, just sharing.

ramyeon

I think Baek Ji Young is a really cool person with okay music, enjoy K.will a good amount, loooove Bumkey, think Wheesung is hot garbage, and feel Mamamoo is boring with a more-into-themselves-than-music vibe.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with you feeling that way at all, I was definitely not trying to imply that everyone who likes one or two of those artists likes Mamamoo or anything like that.

Kind of weird that my original statement, made very much in passing, has been taken this much out of context and become such a big deal.

More ridiculous things are said by people every day in this thread.

Kuno

Wow, congrats to AOA. I'm addicted to that song! I wonder if they can take the crown on one of the bigger shows like Music Bank or Inkigayo.

Nicole's song is really boring to me. Which sucks, because I do like her.

Wa$$up comeback teaser

This group is a guaranteed mess with every comeback.

Looking forward to this way more than I should be. They may be a mess of a group, but I've grown to enjoy that mess.

broz0rs

How bout this Wheesung track?
http://youtu.be/rnrA_R0GCmo

Agreed to your point. People can like or dislike whatever music they listen to; it is subjective after all. What's a complete waste especially in this thread is when somebody else tells you otherwise.

luso

The song is nice to hear but probably not suitable for the main track, I understand how it can sound boring, it's because it sounds always in the same notes, it lacks a strong and contrasting part.
Also, 720p as maximum resolution, are you serious?!...

Sooyoung and her new toy.

Guess who
Yuri, not Krystal, some resemble is incredible on some photos

Sunny
(too much photo processing though)

More natural Sunny

Obligatory Taeyeon

llehuty

^^^^ Yuri looking good
probably because there aren't clear shots of her thighs there...

Hmmm

[CONSPIRACY]I have the feeling that those rumours about Choa being bullied could be true to some extent. The girl doesn't interact with any of the girls in that video and none of them check on her or anything. I don't follow them very closely so it could be bullshit.[/CONSPIRACY]

The song is nice to hear but probably not suitable for the main track, I understand how it can sound boring, it's because it sounds always in the same notes, it lacks a strong and contrasting part.
Also, 720p as maximum resolution, are you serious?!...

1080p in her official youtube channel.

ramyeon

Goodbye Sun, Goodbye Moon from Toy's new album is so catchy. Great Christmas tune. There really isn't a weak song on the album, such a great come back.

roaSone

Nicole's album is less good than what I expected it to be.. Fav track is Joker.
I can't wait to see the whole choreo of the title track tho

No No Eul

Thanks for posting this. It's been so long I'd completely forgotten about it.

Come the end of that episode, I couldn't help but think how fortunate it was that Eunji's brother lives a few hundred kilometers away from his big sister. She's pretty overbearing. If they lived in the same house, I don't think the poor kid would ever get a moment's peace.

Orange camo elbow patches? No wonder she's crying.

llehuty

LUV - A Pink (에이핑크) Live @ Press Showcase of ' PINK LUV' (ripped from stream)
LUV - A Pink (에이핑크) Live @ Press Showcase of ' PINK LUV' (fancam)
I approve the evolution of their image. Positioning themselves to replace SNSD quite well.
I still think their music is boring.

[MV] Hyolyn X Jooyoung(효린X주영) _ Erase(지워) (Feat. Iron(아이언))
Not a bad song, but you can't get more generic than this.

Legend (a.k.a, best male rookies of the year) gave the cheap MV treatment to their best B-side: 전설 Legend - I Wanna Know Official M/V

Dare I ask what's happened to Soyeon and Boram?

Yeah, don't know why the two of them don't get to wear the Bruce Lee jumpsuits and have to wear the coloured suits.

Now seriously, no idea why they aren't treating this as a subunit. It could even work calling it T-ara N4, but oh well...

If I didn't have the album already, I'd buy it.
Edit: can't hurt to have two, right?
Edit 2: I'm not buying it, I'm not crazy.
Edit 3: I am crazy but I'll decide when I get home

Lmao the series of edits.
DO IT

Top Bottom