• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Jooyeon leaving After School

It's happening, she's not renewing her contract that expires at the end of the year.

RIP AS :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Jooyeon was the only one who kept me interested in AS. Now I have no reason to stan AS. :(

Sidenote: gotdammit y'all. There's literally 10 days left before 2014 ends yet another bomb is drop. This fncking year needs to be over already.

Don't worry, there were plenty of horrible things in that Gayo.

Catching up now. During the GOT7 stage...

Y94AXWO.gif

Pendulum

We didn't have to wait long for an answer did we...

After School going through its normal routine (even with a lack of a Korean comback, Japanese/individual/sub-unit activities keep them working). Meanwhile Rainbow still stuck in a holding pattern, being rarely trotted out for things like this.

I'm not happy with the position of both groups, but Rainbow is more dead than After School.

luso

At least Rainbow performed...
That was on Love Request, even SNSD performed in the past and normally, because it's for fund raising and charity, the performances are done more subdued than normal.

Pendulum

At least Rainbow performed...
At least After School had a concert tour.

That was on Love Request, even SNSD performed in the past and normally, because it's for fund raising and charity, the performances are done more subdued than normal.
I didn't mention the muted performance. I am aware what tv show they were on.

----

Edit: [MV]귀요미송2(클라라, Clara), "Gwiyomi song2" (with appearance by Stan Lee)

luso

At least After School had a concert tour.

I didn't mention the muted performance. I am aware what tv show they were on.

After School going through its normal routine (even with a lack of a Korean comback, Japanese/individual/sub-unit activities keep them working). Meanwhile Rainbow still stuck in a holding pattern, being rarely trotted out for things like thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUMFX6oXlP4.
I'm not happy with the position of both groups, but Rainbow is more dead than After School.

Didn't knew about the tour, was in SK?
But I meant TV appearances, I do not recall any recent performances.
Also I may have misinterpreted those words as a thumbs down, damn my English.

llehuty

After School tour was in Japan. So yeah, far from dead. In korea they are doing this beauty show for KBS but that's it. I still think that pledis should make a subunit with some of all the other members if they are going to keep promoting orange caramel non-stop.

Ns Yoon-G (NS 윤지) - 눈이 오는 날엔 (Snowy Day) (Feat. Din Din 딘딘) (Audio only)

Also, Bebob is releasing a mini album this wednesday. Ayeon HYPE.

Lmao, how has she got Stan Lee to do this? I love how in her official channel puts 'with Stan Lee' in the title. This girl is something else.

Edit:
Dal★Shabet (달샤벳) X Minx (밍스) - Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
Died form cuteness.

Stan Lee's Gwiyomi Dance ★ in CLARA's Gwiyomi Song 2 M/V
Dance version of the year

Pendulum

Also I may have misinterpreted those words as a thumbs down, damn my English.

I was essentially saying that Rainbow is not doing anything new, and is only making brief appearances to do 1 (tv) or 2 (small festival) old songs. Their management doesn't know what to do with them, and DSP forgot that we're 2 years on from when Rainbow were relevant.

It's silly to argue over who is "more dead", but I think it's safe to say that After School has more of a base (successful sub-unit, more regular tv/movie appearances, Japanese activities, larger fan base if you go by fan cafes) which can support them for longer if both management companies keep overlooking a Korean comeback. It probably comes down to a question of which company is more incompetent.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Welp, the year is ending. I have decided.

Idols of the year (music, performance, variety, SNS, etc): BESTie
Song of the year: Tie - Hot Baby & I Need You
B-Side of the year: Roller Girl
Selca Queen of the year: Hyeyeon

They have been nothing but completely enjoyable, making every part of life they touch significantly brighter. Their songs bring happiness and have more staying power than anything else, even in such a great year (musically, not events). Sunmi had a dominating start but didn't do anything else. AOA is always hype and hot as hell but their songs are samey and get old.
Plz ditch Brave Bros.
BESTie have put in their 2 years now, so 2015 better be the year they are recognized. If they end up like Rainbow I'm burning kpop to the ground.

Kabuto

Welp, the year is ending. I have decided.

Idols of the year (music, performance, variety, SNS, etc): BESTie
Song of the year: Tie - Hot Baby & I Need You
B-Side of the year: Roller Girl
Selca Queen of the year: Hyeyeon

They have been nothing but completely enjoyable, making every part of life they touch significantly brighter. Their songs bring happiness and have more staying power than anything else, even in such a great year (musically, not events). Sunmi had a dominating start but didn't do anything else. AOA is always hype and hot as hell but their songs are samey and get old.
Plz ditch Brave Bros.
BESTie have put in their 2 years now, so 2015 better be the year they are recognized. If they end up like Rainbow I'm burning kpop to the ground.

ya I just got on the BESTie hype train over the weekend because of their Mamacita performance (which is better than the original). Pitapat and Love Options (their debut songs!) are my favorite kpop songs right now and the songs they released in 2014 are all solid.

Uji is now mah #1 bias ಠ‿ಠ. She is pretty
&
flawless.

Eldren

Very ugly.

Not like Hyoyeon.

o-oh my...

Also I kind of fell off the BESTie train. Love Options is still one of the best songs from last year but I haven't been too keen on any of their songs this year. Thank You Very Much grew on me a bit eventually but nothing immediately grabbed me like Love Options.

Selane

I definitely endorse Dahye's thighs, but other than that I agree that Bestie is pretty boring. But at least they had one really good song, which is still a lot better than most groups.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
BESTie interview from wikikpop with slight additions.

tumblr_inline_nh0i5zunlo1qcnis3.jpg

BESTie, the challenge is on!

To describe this sling as a “battle of the girl groups” is not an exaggeration; BESTie played their parts in this huge match of girl groups. Haeryeong stated, “Our bright hip-hop style appealed to the music industry while it was filled with colorless sexy concepts.” Hyeyeon, BESTie’s leader, added, “Even elementary school kids recognized us. I realized our popularity when we visited rest areas as people screamed ‘BESTie!’”

With debut song ‘Pitapat’ followed by ‘Love Options,’ ‘Zzang Christmas’ and ‘Thank U Very Much,’ BESTie has slowly raised the public’s awareness of the group. What do they pursue?

Dahye: “Thank U Very Much is a good representation of our music, but I don’t want to label bright sounding music as ‘BESTie’ music because I would like the challenge of various concepts. For all I know, I want an exciting stage. I would like to give an impression that BESTie knows how to party on stage. Also, I want to give the perception that all members have distinctive characteristics.”

Dice: "Mission accomplished."

tumblr_inline_nh0i7o95iF1qcnis3.jpg

Stating that they want to try a new genre, BESTie mentioned Orange Caramel for the question of what concept they would like to try.

Hyeyeon: “When all four of us go out to sing at a noraebang, we sing and dance some of Orange Caramel’s hit songs such as ‘Abing Abing’ and ‘Lipstick.’ We’re huge fans of them. I posted a video of the dance on instagram and Orange Caramel’s Nana left a comment saying that she enjoyed the clip. I felt proud.”

BESTie is not afraid of putting on triangle shaped kimbab rolls on their hair or something worse. The youngest member Haeryeong said she would even wear comedian make-up. All members are putting effort into creating their concept.

'Bowing Dance' in 'Thank U Very Much' is the idea of BESTie members. “Not all of our ideas are reflected, but we create a draft proposal to give a little effort.”

Hyeyeon recently gained some attention online for resembling Jang Yoon Jung after starring in Mnet’s Trot X show, where she showed off her trot singing abilities. Hyeyeon stated, “Since junior high, I heard people telling me that I look like Jang Yoon Jung. I often heard trot music due to my mother and grandmother’s influence, and found out that some trot songs are even better than K-Pop. Now, I only listen to trot songs. If I have a chance, I want to be a trot singer.”

tumblr_inline_nh0i8mB6c21qcnis3.jpg

Working with Double-side Kick. Daebak!

"Wow…Jackpot!" was the first expression BESTie had when they first heard ‘Thank U Very Much’ was composed by Double-side Kick, who is known as the hit-song maker for girl groups.

"When I heard it for the first time, I had a good feeling. I even thought we could rank #1. However, the ranking didn’t meet our expectation and I was disappointed. I guess it was due to our lack of group awareness." Dahye added, "Some people still believe BESTie is a sexy group. Because of our tall height, when we wear short pants or skirts, the first reaction is ‘oh, they are sexy,’ but we don’t want to appear sexy to our fans. We want to be remembered for our charismatic and wonderful performances."

Dice:
c7NJRa2.gif

BESTie expressed their frustration at how girl groups are focusing on sexy concepts.

"Skill is the most important factor. We want to try our best and strengthen our position as singers. Also, we want to make awesome performances. The important thing is skill. We want to be famous and popular with our skills."

Dice: "Mission accomplished. So awesome."

BESTie’s Hyeyeon and Dahye collaborated with M.I.B and Timber. What did they think about it?

Dahye: “If we have a chance to collaborate with other singers again, I want to do it with ‘god.’ They are our role models because I’m a big fan of them. I enjoy listening to their songs.”

Dice: "Fuck yes."

Following the answer of Dahye, Uji said she wants to work with Jeo Gak, Hyeyeon wants to work with Lee Ssang and Beenzino, and Haeryeong mentioned Brown Eyed Soul.

tumblr_inline_nh0idlh2Wo1qcnis3.jpg

BESTie’s other dreams

Haeryeong made a debut with tvN’s drama, ‘Nine’ as Park Hyung Sik’s partner. Uji was also casted as the role of ‘Jung Hye Won’ in the ‘Full House’ musical starring with Yang Yoseob of B2ST and Leo of VIXX. Yuji wants to show hidden vocal skills through musical stages. When asked how she feels about her musical debut, she replied, “I’m very excited.”

She then added, “It was not easy promoting BESTie’s album and rehearsing for the musical at the same time. However, many actors and staff helped me. Especially, Yoseob of B2ST, he helped me a lot to practice hard. It was burdensome for me because I don’t have any acting experience, but being on the stage was actually a lot of fun. It’s totally different from being on stage as a singer. It makes musicals attractive.”

All members chose ‘acting’ among many roles that they want to try out besides singing. We’re expecting that they would be on screen and loved by their fans.

tumblr_inline_nh0iejpzZ81qcnis3.jpg

20’s Girls: Dahye, Uji, Haeryeong and Hyeyeon

When searching BESTie on portal sites, the associated term ‘Leg-Beauty’ comes up. How do they keep their body lines?

Dahye: “When someone says that I look like I’ve gained some weight, I starve myself. I don’t usually eat at night. Instead, I eat a lot in the morning. One time, I had two bowls of rice with ribs for breakfast.”

Uji: “I control my diet by eating small portions of soup or drinking milk whenever I’m hungry.”

BESTie revealed their dieting secrets. Uji said, “Sufficient sleeping” while Dahye said, “Exercising” are key points.

Looking at these young girls, I felt sorry for them singing love songs when they should be spending time going out on a date. When I asked them, “Don’t you want to go out on a date?” Dahye answered. “I want to get married rather than to date someone. I dream about living a stable life with a good husband.” For ideal man, Hyeyeon said Jo Jung Suk, Uji said Ha Jung Woo, and Haeryeong said Sean.

Dice: "Ym1r's name is Sean?"

tumblr_inline_nh0ifhbyJK1qcnis3.jpg

BESTie’s role model group is ‘god,’ giving hopes and dreams to fans

All members stated, “We love working now.” They also said, “We want to be recognized by people first. We can do anything to raise our awareness to the public.” Members stated with strong will and passion.

Dahye: “I want to work hard without losing our original intention. First, let people know BESTie better and earn the image of a hopeful group.”

Hyeyeon: “I want to be good to my parents and purchase an apartment for my mom and for myself. Also, I will make a good life.”

Uji: “I want to be recognized by more and more people because I want to train prospective singers someday. I would be happy if I have many students in the future.”

Haeryeong: “I am really sorry to people who can’t go to university because they don’t have a lot of money. If I earn a lot of money, I will hold a ‘Charity Concert’ and help students.”

luso

Edit: Updated pic

MBC Gayo line-up
B5h5acDCEAEKaeD.jpg

Big Byung, TVXQ, SNSD, MAMAMOO, Red Velvet, Lovelyz, Sunmi, Taemin, SM THE BALLAD (Jonghyun & Taeyeon), SISTAR, T-ara, A Pink, GOT7, Crush, Zion.T, Dynamic Duo, KARA, SECRET, 4Minute, Infinite, CNBLUE, Block B, Boyfriend, B1A4, Beast, Teen Top, 2PM, Girl's Day, BTOB, AOA, Fly to the Sky, Planet Shiver

Not sure if it's 100% accurate

Pendulum

Lizzy loves us and wishes us Merry Christmas

----

Edit:
Crush, Zion.T, Dynamic Duo,
Hellloooo. Planet Shiver is probably performing amongst that somewhere, I'd imagine.

Happy to see T-ara there. Thought they were spending the week in China.

Edit 2: No BTS? C'mon producers. Kick out Boyfriend or B1A4 for space and no one would care.

----

#ErineForVariety2015

llehuty

2014 KBS Gayo Daechukje / 2014 KBS 가요대축제

Date: Friday, December 26, 2014 8:30pm KST (KBS 2TV)
t1419593400z0.png

Check local time here

MC: SNSD YoonA, 2PM Taecyon, Lee Hwi-jae

Artists:
EXO
SNSD
A Pink
VIXX
INFINITE
BTS
Block B
B1A4
Sistar
AOA
Secret
2PM
CNBLUE
B2ST
Teen Top
Soyou x Junggigo
San-E & Raina
Im Chang-jung
Fly To The Sky
Ailee
SHINee Taemin
Shamelesly copied from reddit

Nonugusallowed.jpg

luso

The year is basically over, so it's fine to put it out now, right?
Nicole - Mama. Duh, it's Nicole
Kara - Mamma Mia. Duh, it's Kara
Jung In & Gary - Bicycle. Really nice, chill Autumn song
Zion.T - Yanghwa Bridge. Really nice, chill song about Zion.T's family
San E - Body Language (feat.Bumkey). Good sounds, good MV, good everything, really. I like the upbeat R&B sound. also, Rest In Prison, Bumkey
John Park - U. I love the Northern soul genre of music and Jay Park's low pitched voice here is perfect
Crush - Sofa. This is so deep and emotional and comes with a smooth use of instruments to bring the feels
Loco - Thinking about you (ft Jay Park). Good sounds, good MV, good everything
Verbal Jint, San E, PHANTOM, As One, P-TYPE, Taewan, Kang Min Hee, Kanto, CHAMPAGNE&CANDLE, Yang Da Il, DJ IT - Brand new day. Clearly not a case of "too many cooks in the kitchen" here as these artists come together to make a great end-of-year tune
Ailee - don't touch me. Ailee kills it everytime. She's got such a great voice and a super-cute smile. She so cool.
I like spoiler tags
Edit: MERRY CHRISTMAS

AReed

OMO
park-han-byul-jung-eun-woo-3.jpg

A recent exclusive report by The Fact has revealed that actress Park Han Byul and singer Se7en ended their 12-year relationship – which began in 2002 and went public in 2009 – at the beginning of this year. The Fact reports that Park Han Byul is now dating actor Jung Eun Woo, whom she first met last May through the SBS drama “A Well-Grown Daughter.”

park-han-byul-jung-eun-woo-2-540x568.png

Top Bottom