• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Taengstagram update.

OT8
B5UDBImCAAAqR1_.jpg:large

With the boss.
B5TQmTOCIAESLG4.jpg:large

B5TXklaIIAAQJJm.jpg:large

JustinBB7

Alright, I am now fully caught up with every Running Man episode, just in time for Christmas!

What I always wondered though, how do they pay for all that? There aren't any commercials are there? At least not during. Paying for all the members, guests fees, all those rental cars, VJ's for every member/guest, writers, pd's, all the equipment they use every episode and even traveling to other countries.

I'm happy it's all possible, but..where does all that money come from. They don't show sponsors either because they tape it off, though it's still easy to see what it is, but I doubt Coca-Cola would pay them for Fanta can with an R sticker on it..

Pendulum

What I always wondered though, how do they pay for all that?

True there are no ads during Running Man, and it follows directly on from K-Pop Star 4 as part of the "Good Sunday" segment, but the ads on either side of the segment would make money for SBS (which in turn flows down to the programs). If I remember correctly, the ads on either side of the segment go for longer than your typical American or UK block.

Sponsorship definitely plays a factor. People can see what cars and phones are being used, and there are cases where they they haven't taped over clothing logos.

The rights to air Running Man have also been sold to multiple Asian countries.

I would think some (lots?) of the travel costs would be covered by the locations and relative parties - the Australia episodes, for example, had considerable backing from Tourism Australia.

llehuty

What I always wondered though, how do they pay for all that? There aren't any commercials are there?

I don't know if they keep doing it, but at the beginning they did this ad break 10 min before the show ended (usually at the climax of the final race/game). And yeah, if they follow the ad breaks strategy that we see at gayos, they can easily spend 15~20 min of non-stop ads at the beginning and at the end.

What I always wondered though, how do they pay for all that?

Like others said, sponsors. Hyundai is their brand of choice for cars 99% of the time unless they are using a van, same deal when they use phones for some of the missions, they are all the same brand/model, in a few cases they zoom in clearly on the phone so you can see its logo and features ect.

Members also have personal sponsors for their clothes. Also would not doubt some of the venues sponsor their shooting location for promotions as well.

Whole show is the commercial in a not so subtle way just like dramas and what not.

JustinBB7

I would think some (lots?) of the travel costs would be covered by the locations and relative parties - the Australia episodes, for example, had considerable backing from Tourism Australia.

Yea I bet, that Australia episode where they all slept in a house, damn that looked expensive if they had to actually pay for it.

I guess they only tape stuff that is NOT from the sponsors then, that makes more sense. I don't really pay attention to any of their clothes/phones so if that's a good way to keep the show affordable then it's fine by me.

Pendulum

I think the last thing I saw was Jae Suk and Kwang Soo up on stage. Anything good or noteworthy happen after that? Did LE show up at the end to save the day?

엘리 =/= LE

See above regarding T-ara and good. Orange Caramel was a standard performance, but still good.

llehuty

I'm still pissed about Sunmi's performance.

Why would you put her in that balcony that covers more than half of her body?. Why would you do several shots from under the stage. Why would you put a white balloon to represent the fucking moon when a stupid cardboard prop would have looked better? I'm not even mad at innecesary Taecyeon being there when all the fucking stage and editing is a disaster.

Seriously SBS stop. I would find embarrasing that the only performances somehow decently shot of a live event correspond to pre-recorded stages.

Anyway, there were still some decent performances like angry T-ara, cute Orange Caramel or Lovelyz performing Winner's debut song.

엘리 =/= LE
LMAO I just watched this. Guess I didn't miss much.

giri

I'm still pissed about Sunmi's performance.

Why would you put her in that balcony that covers more than half of her body?. Why would you do several shots from under the stage. Why would you put a white balloon to represent the fucking moon when a stupid cardboard prop would have looked better? I'm not even mad at innecesary Taecyeon being there when all the fucking stage and editing is a disaster.

Seriously SBS stop. I would find embarrasing that the only performances somehow decently shot of a live event correspond to pre-recorded stages.

Anyway, there were still some decent performances like angry T-ara, cute Orange Caramel or Lovelyz performing Winner's debut song.

LMAO I just watched this. Guess I didn't miss much.

The sunmi thing is stupider than stupid because her recent performances at the music bank end of year show and such were so on point too. Like, she's a phenomenal dancer, why fuck that up?

But when you look at the cuts from the gayo, the whole thing was pretty poorly done. They had the background for "Happiness" displayed on the main stage, while RV performed on that tiny boxing ring off to the left.

And then you have the fact that the boxing ring wouldn't stay up on its own and they had to have guys sit on the stage holding it up?

SBS proving they still have no fucking idea what they're doing with these shows.

Top Bottom