• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

Cmagus

EXO-CBX Hey Mama!

The complete album is also out.

All the songs are quite good, The One should be the title track, they even have the MV done but SM doesn't make it public.

The album is damn good I really like the funk vibe they have going on it. Although I would say the The One is probably my least favourite song imo there is a good song there but all the effects the song has layered on it kills it definitely the weakest track on the album.

Pendulum

Mamamoo "Memory" teaser image
O3xZG6S.jpg

PInk Tape

Banned
EXO-CBX Hey Mama!

The complete album is also out.

All the songs are quite good, The One should be the title track, they even have the MV done but SM doesn't make it public.

Slay. Choreo is bomb too from the little hints of it I can see.

Maybe SM's not happy with the MV for whatever reason. Either that or they're sitting on it waiting to see if Hey Mama'll do well enough for them to release a second single.

TOMORROW

(Have Red Velvet/Black Pink fan wars already started over the use of colors?)

Probably.

I'd be concerned if there wasn't a fan war over it tbh.

빅스(VIXX) - The Closer Official M/V
This is such a fucking weird single choice. I like the low key verses, but I'm not so sure about the chorus.

Yeah. The chorus sounds a bit off compared to the rest of it.

The rest of the song is solid tho.

luso

Nowadays everything is around charts, sales, PAK, YT views. They are relevant but really skew what is, for mostly immature fans, a success or good release and what isn't. No first place? Flop. No PAK? flop! Here is not really happening, which is good!

Another teaser, Jyoon I am the Sun. MV slightly reminds you of anything?

llehuty

Yess, I really like this. Hope Unpretty Rapstar gave her enough popularity to survive making music. Although judging by the number of views... yikes. She could benefit from show music appearence at this point.

Playing of fire is really good. I love how is a banger but restrained at the same time. Not a fan of the vocals in the chorus, the "my love is on fire" sticks out but not in a good way. It's a shame, because the instrumental of the chorus holds up by itself quite nicely, as seen in the outro. R.Tee is just too good.

Stay is good in execution, but it just feels like OST filler.

I also don't understand Lisa hype, when the other three girls have a very interesting vocal colours
and better visuals

Demoskinos

Love both songs. I think I enjoy "Stay" more just because of how chill it is. Very cool songs. Blackpink is my favorite thing in music period this year.

Drummond

Neo Member
I really don't buy the Tropical House trend that's going on in Pop music nowadays, sounds so bland most of the time. This song is no exception. Stay is pretty decent though, I think that one might grow on me. Still not even close to Whistle.

Rosé looking flawless in both MVs though, god damn.

Also Twice TV4 has started today, has been subbed pretty quickly, behind the scenes of a photoshoot, nothing spectacular, but more Twice content is always good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH-sfo_x8js

ryan-ts

The delusion is strong in this one. Like blacjacks vs sones never happened. Or like the YG fans with their talent > looks, or YG artists being more authentic than the others.

This doesn't strike me as delusional, it's simply the truth. YG is better than all your faves. S&M, Plaidis, JYPoopy just don't compare.

I really don't buy the Tropical House trend that's going on in Pop music nowadays, sounds so bland most of the time. This song is no exception. Stay is pretty decent though, I think that one might grow on me. Still not even close to Whistle.

Oh is that what you call that sound? It depends on the song, I agree that it's really being overdone but I still like it in certain songs, this being one of them.

Red Velvet 'Happiness' is great, and this current trend is just an evolution of the Reggae/Dancehall/Calypso/Soca and South West-South East Asian sounds K-Pop has been integrating for a long time now.

'Playing With Fire' and 'Stay' are good, but not as impactful as the debut duo. That isn't needed though; the debut established Black Velvet's sound, now these newest songs help to flesh things out further.

All the Rosé and Lisa love is welcome, with all four girls being solid.

Chen and Xiumin are pretty good on that EXO-CBX release. No one asked for Bacon to rap, though.

·feist·;221825343 said:
*Prays Jisoo has worked hard to improve her dancing for Blackpink comeback*
On what little can be seen in the videos... maybe next time....

R1920x0

Pendulum

I also don't understand Lisa hype, when the other three girls have a very interesting vocal colours
and better visuals

Why Lisa? She has that performer's presence, a playful and natural charm, and an everlasting smile that draws my eyes to her. She's comfortable with what she's doing and enjoys it, and I take delight in that. Besides, when it comes to K-Pop I am more interested in dancing and rapping performances than vocals - something that is evident when I think back to who my captures my interest in various groups.

(but can't I like all the Black Pink members?)

Why Lisa? She has that performer's presence, a playful and natural charm, and an everlasting smile that draws my eyes to her. She's comfortable with what she's doing and enjoys it, and I take delight in that. Besides, when it comes to K-Pop I am more interested in dancing and rapping performances than vocals - something that is evident when I think back to who my captures my interest in various groups.

I'm the exact same. Great post.

As long as China continues to support T-ara that's enough for me.

Join us.

R1920x0

Why Lisa? She has that performer's presence, a playful and natural charm, and an everlasting smile that draws my eyes to her. She's comfortable with what she's doing and enjoys it, and I take delight in that.
Verbatim.

R1920x0

You could argue she's the most attractive member in part because of those qualities. Take "attractive" how you like. I do think she happens to be very pretty as well, though I can see why some would find her features less desirable than those of the other members.

Besides, when it comes to K-Pop I am more interested in dancing and rapping performances than vocals - something that is evident when I think back to who my captures my interest in various groups.
While singing is important to me when it comes to who I like the most in groups, I'm mostly on-board with this as well. Strong visuals are great, but they aren't enough without personality, charm, talent and other intangibles.

For example, I think I.O.I Yoojung is amazing and she's only around 16y/o or so. The girl wins at life by being wildly entertaining and talented in varied ways. Imagine when she gets older and improves all around.

R1920x0

llehuty

Ok, but Lisa's rapping is awful. It has the classic YG cringe™

Don't get me wrong, she has potential to go somewhere, because she has some attitude and confidence, but her rapping is, at this point, not very good. It's probably more YG's fault than hers, but she needs to bring her own personality to her rapping instead of just following CL's ticks and intonations. I find myself enjoying more Jennie's playful rapping.

Demoskinos

Don't get me wrong, she has potential to go somewhere, because she has some attitude and confidence, but her rapping is, at this point, not very good. It's probably more YG's fault than hers, but she needs to bring her own personality to her rapping instead of just following CL's ticks and intonations. I find myself enjoying more Jennie's playful rapping.

Cannot agree here. Lisa's verse on Boombayah is just fantastic.

Are you sure you haven't gotten Lisa and Jennie confused? Because the bolded part reads like the perfect description of Jennie.

Stay wasn't as boring as I thought it would be, it's quite decent. Playing With Fire, similarly, wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Still great though. Black Pink with a surprisingly good streak, with 4 straight decent to great songs. Much better than Twices output after a great debut mini so far. Pretty damn exciting how many great new groups that have debuted over the last few years. We've lost some damn great groups this year (Kara, Rainbow), and I'm expecting more shortly(Secret, Miss A, Nine Muses), but I still feel like we're better off than we were in ~2013. Groups like BP, Twice, RV, Gf, OMG, etc. are here to to bring kpop to new heights.

Now some of you might be thinking, ?.. Where is Berry Good? Right fucking here, with a new amazing song. That's two sublime ones in a row. Berry Good turning into another Stellar. Loving the tropical house sound.

Exciting times.

Wabi

Neo Member
Another 2 great songs from BlackPink. The acoustic version of Whistle as well... Amazing.

My girl group to watch for the future for sure. Especially when GsD eventually call it a day.

Top Bottom