• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

RedEther

D-4 (Tracklist)

625089a7420563bd7b410240b0716e0b.jpg

Loci

TT much better after getting used to it.
Mina soooo OP.

BP gonna slay
Grace with the best track on the previous page.

How does Taeyeon keep getting prettier and more awesome as time goes on.
True #0

Peru

High physical sales for albums with one good single and a bunch of shitty filler tracks... they really ARE the new SNSD.

llehuty

High physical sales for albums with one good single and a bunch of shitty filler tracks... they really ARE the new SNSD.
lol, I thought the same thing when I listened to the album. They even have their own generic pop rock song like Himnae.

Not complaining though, title track is fantastic.

ryan-ts

will gary leaving running man kill the show?

Probably not. It's Running Man's international popularity that seems to keep it going and I don't think Gary's absence will have much of an impact on that.

Sad to see Gary leave the show after so many episodes, (obviously) won't be the same without him. That being said, the Golden Age of Running Man started after Song Joong Ki left the show and lasted until Episode 100. Who knows, maybe we're in for a similar revival now that Gary's gone.

tumblr_mc60ivYMti1qlb1vt.gif

tumblr_lv1y0m6bfD1qiexcro1_500.gif

celebration.gif

Pendulum

Probably not. It's Running Man's international popularity that seems to keep it going and I don't think Gary's absence will have much of an impact on that.

Especially since there is no Monday Couple storyline to resolve anymore.
Gary had been looking uninterested in episodes for a while now.
They've tried new episode types and games, but I think a new cast member or two (if someone else drops out soon) might be worth a shot before the inevitable cancellation of the show (whenever that is). This type of show rests on relationships, and when those have matured (or become stale) so that there are no surprises, you get what we have now.

---

Almost a year to the day after Somin left April, Hyunjoo announced she's leaving the group. (She was on a break due to cited health issues, and now says she wants to focus on being an actress.)

---

EXO-CBX (첸백시)_Hey Mama!_Music Video Teaser

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Huh that Ladies Code album track takes the title from and samples Bach's Chaconne...

I guess this is the right time to do the annual 'Dice, how do you feel about this?' post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqA3qQMKueA

When you have 15 minutes to spare, of course.
In general or in view of the new Ladies Code song? Honestly my brain has been super fried lately and I've had weird health issues since a severe flu-like event a week ago so I'm not super into focusing for analysis right now, but I listened to it.

What I can tell you is that as usual, the notes all land exactly where I expect. No surprises. Bach either set the mold from which my musical foundation of mind was cast, or has been so common in culture that simply what he tends to do with notes is utterly familiar. It is not terribly common for me to be able to not only follow along with classical pieces but be able to perfectly keep with it as though I heard it a hundred times already, but with Bach it is the norm, so it's like I've been burnt out in advance.

But I want to be perhaps more fair than I have been in the past. While I do indeed have trouble being very moved by the listening, I could probably get way into the actual playing if I were to bother learning any Bach. When you're playing, it's different; that lack of surprise becomes more of a transient ascent into perfect unity with the piece. Every stroke, pluck, and hammer is like a dance with the vibrations which come of them, and when you dance with a partner, perfectly knowing and expecting the steps and thus enjoying a sense of freedom in the move of them is the whole point. Perhaps that's what you experience with just the listening.

Particularly when I have played piano, all my playing has come out in a more pristine and well-ordered fashion as Bach tends to be, so I'd probably quite enjoy that. Piano is different from most other instruments since it's so large that you pretty much create a whole environment that envelops you, so that dance is almost like making a whole ball. If I do eventually get a piano, which is in plans, shall I learn some Bach pieces as a favor to you? lol

My traditional counter-recommendation: I've been listening to pieces from Hildegard von Bingen lately. No particular piece to recommend, just put her name into youtube or something if you haven't heard her stuff. She was a 12th century saint (and multi-discipline genius) so it's very meditative, but you have some measure of appreciation for spiritual music so I think you'd enjoy if in the right mood.

Pendulum

Homes/offices of some senior presidential advisers were raided today. In the evening, a mass protest was held in Seoul.

I was aware of what's been going on since the university protest and some of the previous accusations of cult links, but to read more of the history... you really can't make this stuff up (unless you're a soothsaying shaman).

Ym1r

5JfHIUW.jpg

My Korean friends have been passing around this image, they think it's pretty fucking hilarious whats going on but also worried for obvious reasons.

Peru

This girl is so radical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSVLpDSMaEw

So is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPs1KxszNds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H09WUTSxuh0

In general or in view of the new Ladies Code song? Honestly my brain has been super fried lately and I've had weird health issues since a severe flu-like event a week ago so I'm not super into focusing for analysis right now, but I listened to it.

What I can tell you is that as usual, the notes all land exactly where I expect. No surprises. Bach either set the mold from which my musical foundation of mind was cast, or has been so common in culture that simply what he tends to do with notes is utterly familiar. It is not terribly common for me to be able to not only follow along with classical pieces but be able to perfectly keep with it as though I heard it a hundred times already, but with Bach it is the norm, so it's like I've been burnt out in advance.

But I want to be perhaps more fair than I have been in the past. While I do indeed have trouble being very moved by the listening, I could probably get way into the actual playing if I were to bother learning any Bach. When you're playing, it's different; that lack of surprise becomes more of a transient ascent into perfect unity with the piece. Every stroke, pluck, and hammer is like a dance with the vibrations which come of them, and when you dance with a partner, perfectly knowing and expecting the steps and thus enjoying a sense of freedom in the move of them is the whole point. Perhaps that's what you experience with just the listening.

Particularly when I have played piano, all my playing has come out in a more pristine and well-ordered fashion as Bach tends to be, so I'd probably quite enjoy that. Piano is different from most other instruments since it's so large that you pretty much create a whole environment that envelops you, so that dance is almost like making a whole ball. If I do eventually get a piano, which is in plans, shall I learn some Bach pieces as a favor to you? lol

My traditional counter-recommendation: I've been listening to pieces from Hildegard von Bingen lately. No particular piece to recommend, just put her name into youtube or something if you haven't heard her stuff. She was a 12th century saint (and multi-discipline genius) so it's very meditative, but you have some measure of appreciation for spiritual music so I think you'd enjoy if in the right mood.

Dice: listens to one of the rawest, most emotional pieces of music ever created, one which fucking rips your heart out and takes it over mountains and down volcanoes - > "lacks emotion".

As Brahms said:

"On one stave, for a small instrument, the man writes a whole world of the deepest thoughts and most powerful feelings. If I imagined that I could have created, even conceived the piece, I am quite certain that the excess of excitement and earth-shattering experience would have driven me out of my mind."

I'm v cool with checking out more female early music composers though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dice: listens to one of the rawest, most emotional pieces of music ever created, one which fucking rips your heart out and takes it over mountains and down volcanoes - > "lacks emotion".
that'll learn ya for casting such pearls before uncultured swine like me

P4XjXoA.gif
pdLTaaH.gif

Loci

Homes/offices of some senior presidential advisers were raided today. In the evening, a mass protest was held in Seoul.

I was aware of what's been going on since the university protest and some of the previous accusations of cult links, but to read more of the history... you really can't make this stuff up (unless you're a soothsaying shaman).

Sad part is that she's been acting like this for years, yet still remains in office.
I just hope this also strikes a big blow to Saenuri as well. Can't imagine EVEN ANOTHER legislative period. I facepalmed so hard in 2012..

Peru

Yeah my fear is that people will see this as 'that batshit PGH' and fail to connect it to the corrupt cronies around her in the party. Not that Saenuri is particularly popular but neither are the alternatives.

Loci

I feel like if the young generation actually participates in the elections it would help a lot. I have not met a single person who thinks positively of PGH/Saenuri yet. My age gap that is.
Glad the Ewha girls put their effort into it and things started rolling.

Edit: The fact that the 2012 elections were manipulated anyway, makes this oh so more ridiculous.

Top Bottom