• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Niks

tumblr_ofl5p7r6LB1up59e4o5_250.gif
tumblr_ofl5p7r6LB1up59e4o9_250.gif
tumblr_ofl5p7r6LB1up59e4o6_250.gif

tumblr_ofl5p7r6LB1up59e4o1_250.gif
tumblr_ofl5p7r6LB1up59e4o7_250.gif
tumblr_ofl5p7r6LB1up59e4o3_250.gif

tumblr_ofl5p7r6LB1up59e4o8_250.gif
tumblr_ofl5p7r6LB1up59e4o10_250.gif
tumblr_ofl5p7r6LB1up59e4o4_250.gif

Could have been great animated avatars for gaf (once upon a time)

Where it gets spectacular is that this person earned the trust of the President because she channels the spirit of the President's dead mother. You can't make this stuff up. This news is blowing up on Korean TV right now.

lmao crazy.

PInk Tape

Banned
Since this is the unofficial Korean culture thread, I'd like to share the news of a scandal in Korean politics.

It's been reported that President Park shared classified documents to a close confidant. The problem is that this person has no official position and few know of her. Where it gets spectacular is that this person earned the trust of the President because she channels the spirit of the President's dead mother. You can't make this stuff up. This news is blowing up on Korean TV right now.

Such a dumb and irresponsible decision. Like it's fine if you want to keep her around as a friend or something but showing her secret docs just cause she's apparently close to you..

PdfDsLZ.gif

On a lighter note, this slays

orTTeg2.gif

Peru

Since this is the unofficial Korean culture thread, I'd like to share the news of a scandal in Korean politics.

It's been reported that President Park shared classified documents to a close confidant. The problem is that this person has no official position and few know of her. Where it gets spectacular is that this person earned the trust of the President because she channels the spirit of the President's dead mother. You can't make this stuff up. This news is blowing up on Korean TV right now.

Park is toast. The problem is her party may still win the next president. I hope the countless cases of ludicrous behaviour and of course blatant corruption will make people see what Saenuri is all about.

Oh and just in time for BoA to receive a presidential award

Eldren

I suppose we should except Dispatch and the like to dig through their vaults and start exposing some "scandals" to distract the plebs, as usual. This story is wild.

llehuty

베리굿 (Berry Good) - 안 믿을래 (Teaser)
I really appreciate this groups efforts. This seems like an interesting style from them, although there was nothing wrong with their last cute effort from earlier this year.

MIC SWAGGER II Ep.13 타이미 (Tymee) (ENG SUB)
Tymee going HAM in this.

불독(BULLDOK)-어때요(Why Not) 안무연습(Dance Practice) ver.

I like this. Definitely more interesting than anything Lovelyz have put out.

And I'm still waiting on a coed idol group. The last one that tried it was coed school, and that was amazing.

llehuty

[Audio] Nada - Nothing (feat. Swings) - Unpretty Rapstar 3 Track 7
Leaving this here for the people that haven't checked this season. IMO, the best official track to have come out of the 3 seasons of Unpretty Rapstar, just with the beat alone. (I still have to watch the final episode).

Also sharing because of this description in one of the other uploads:

This song is about what Giant Pink can remember during live performances. Also, rather unusually, the person featured on this song actually has and is an even larger ass than Nada. That doesn't happen very often. If he worked for Valve, he'd definitely be fired by now.

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

Pendulum

PSA cos the minority watches Running Man these days - current episode (322) has Yura, Kang Minkyung, and Son Yeonjae as guests. Haven't watched it yet.

Twice's TWICEcoaster : LANE 1 now holds the record for the Hanteo 1st week sales (female group/solo), surpassing SNSD's "The Boys". Currently at 68,880, still a few days left in the week.
ny-yes.gif
dh-eagle.gif

Nothing stops this train. They need 2.6 million more views by tomorrow evening to be the fastest to 20 million views.

Peru

Love to see the student mass STAND UP and engage. Ewha earlier this fall, now others... gives me hope for the country despite the corrupt prime minister whose main goal is to shrink democracy back to her father's dictatorship level.

CvwscdSUMAAGrYm.jpg

27024416_1.jpg

broz0rs

Love to see the student mass STAND UP and engage. Ewha earlier this fall, now others... gives me hope for the country despite the corrupt prime minister whose main goal is to shrink democracy back to her father's dictatorship level.

A few days before the Choi scandal blew up, President Park gave a speech about how term limits were a deterrence. A leader just doesn't give a speech like that unless he or she wants to be a president again. Fortunately, it really does seem like she is politically finished.

Pendulum

"According to music reps, RAINBOW Jaekyung, Jisook & Noeul will not renew their contracts with DSP"

edit: in brief, translated
Their contracts are over November 13. Jaekyung and Jisook will not be renewing.
Noeul also will not be renewing.
Go Woori is not expected to renew.
Seungah, Yoonhye, and Hyunyoung are expected to make their decisions in the near future.
"After long discussions, these Rainbow members have decided not to renew their contracts. We are aware that some members have already contacted other entertainment agencies "

...and not a single person was surprised.

I like Rainbow, but their handling and trajectory remains one of the more puzzling things in K-pop over the past number of years. They have enough of the textbook elements to be a solid group, but most of the other comparable nugus surpassed them years ago in output quality, sales, etc.

After an extended hiatus, "Black Swan" simply wasn't a good enough comeback. "Bad Boys Cry/Bad Man Crying" was better yet never got a proper release:

Rainbow(레인보우) - Bad Man Crying(나쁜 남자가 운다) Dance Practice Ver.

Then their most recent comeback was just underwhelming. The members are more popular solo and I'm just happy we are finally getting an official ending for everyone's sake. Poorly promoting an undead musical act is cruel and unusual punishment for the members involved.

Also, at one point Rainbow had a god-level group doing the choreo of their most popular song, but DSP gonna DSP.

tumblr_nsqtz7zgq91sbfv3s5e.gif

*shrug*

Came to post Perfect Mina, Cheng Xaio and many others but I see the 1st two are well represented (had different photo sets though). I'll be back later.

Damn Rainbow was so underrated and they were always so funny on Weekly Idol. I always hoped they would get a music show win one day, but I guess it was never meant to be.

Doul

Neo Member

Daaaamn, thank you. I wish I knew where people find all these high quality fantaken pictures.

TT is a very nice song, definitely better than Cheer Up in my opinion. And the mini album is very solid as well, apart from a couple of boring songs. I'm glad they are slaying the charts.

*Prays Jisoo has worked hard to improve her dancing for Blackpink comeback*

Out of compassion, can Hello Venus be euthanised next? This has gone on long enough.

Have they released a decent single since Yoo Ara left and HV became a full-time sexy concept group?

I always liked the attempt to standout from the trends at the time this was released. Still feels unrealised; some good portions which ultimately don't develop into much.

llehuty

It's not like DSP didn't give enough chances to Rainbow. Maybe some of them were half assed, but the group was never that popular to begin with.

Of course they could have been getting better promo if they were in another company, but they would have also stop trying with them years ago.

I really like Black Swan, great atmosphere and minimalistic production.

But yeah, DSP is awful. I feel for the April, Produce 101 girls and Youngji (how the hell they haven't goven anything to Youngji, what a waste).

Top Bottom