• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

PInk Tape

Banned
ASTRO 아스트로 - 고백(Confession) M/V
Ok, this is quite decent. I like that this group has already their own style going on. And the MVs is so endearing, without falling in the aegyo cliches (to a certain extent). Maybe we should give fantagio the benefit of the doubt regarding Doyeon and Yoojung?

SNUPER(스누퍼) 3rd Mini Album 'Rain of Mind' Highlight Medley
Sweetune goodness!

Confession is pretty good. I'm glad I gave Astro another chance tbh.

OMG that Snuper highlight medley sounds amazing. Can't wait to hear the album.

Sweetune is <3

The start of Rose's fancam <3

That's so cute :eek:

Super cute and catchy. Definitely gives me OMG vibes as well.

You need to remember BTS doesn't have China.

I'm a fan of both and they are REALLY different
. EXO achieved success with their 2nd release just because they had a hit song. If you think about it, every group that's been gaining some sort of recognition had a hit song, with the exception of two groups: BTS and Seventeen. EXO had Growl plus their insane Chinese fanbase, thus becoming a triple million seller. BTS had a 3 year build up with good music and a very smart CEO. ARMY is a huge fandom split between east and west and it's getting bigger by the minute because Big Hit knows how to use social media and Armys are annoying and beg for people to give BTS a listen. I'm not denying the bulk buying thing, but if a group has a fansign then there will be fans buying 4357893476 cds to get in.

Also, I don't think that Armys objective was to make BTS the #1 seller, but now that we know that's possible exo-l better save their money because SM will probably turn EXO into suju2 and give NCT all the attention because that's an expensive mess if I've ever seen one.

yesh, me too <3 they are both very fun. i am liking exo a little bit more than bts at the moment but both groups are making really awesome music~

aa~

Bowlie

Banned
I was catching up on recent Inkigayo episodes and discovered Be Mine from Lee Ye Joon, and I can't stop listening to it. A shame it's kinda hard to find more info about her.

Quoting for truth, but I think that is Mina's appeal though. Her shyness is endearing to watch, and when she breaks out of that, it's just super cute to watch.

Tzuyu on the other hand I think is overtly cautious coz of the Taiwan bullshit that went down early in the year. She's probably keeping a close of watch of her words and deeds hence why she seems quite boring.

I get that, but the shyness does nothing to me. I relate more with the ones with extrovert/weird personalities, like Dahyun, Nayeon, Sana or Jeongyeon. I agree with you, as much as I like them, that they are musically inferior to many other groups tho.

roaSone

Who are these girls? This song got me to listen to their entire album and it's full of good shit from start to finish. I think I'm gonna need to stan them lol.
I've listened to their album a freaking bunch of times since the release. Ji Yeong's voice is so addictive!

llehuty

This youtube channel is making some really cool videos compiling some of the major kpop producers' work.

SONGS MADE BY LDN NOISE
SONGS MADE BY BRAVE BROTHERS
SONGS MADE BY SHINSADONG TIGER

A nice history lesson or a trip down to memory lane.

Ok I'm not into K-pop but I'm just curious, is there a sudden rise in k-Pop popularity starting from last year? And what caused this?
Yeah, it has blown up since last year. I don't know how it has happened, but word of mouth thanks to social networks is probably a big deal. Most of the push is being made by young fans from newish groups like BTS, EXO, Twice, etc.

Yes lol, twice is just pop drivel. Manufactured. They don't write their own music! They can't play their own instruments! I was born in the wrong generation!

Lmao you sound butthurt.

I'm just telling it as it is, that pop music is generally considered to be music for the masses. But at the same time, that doesn't mean it can't be considered good or something valuable. I've been following K-Pop for years now so obviously I love this drivel and completely understand it's supposed to music made for the masses and I have no problem with it being "shitty music" according to the elitists.

Look, I don't wanna be all high and mighty and shit but back when I was majoring in music, a majority of the music majors loved this "pop drivel," it wasn't just me. The trombone section of our marching band, which was full of fncking nerds(including myself) rearranged Skrillex's Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites for an trombone ensemble and we played that as our warmup before every performance. And that wasn't the only song we did, every pop hit from 2010 to 2013 became part of our staple because we enjoyed them, not to mention the crowd loved them as well.

On the other hand, the people who were against Kanye, Adele, Flo Rida, Carly Rae Jepsen, and all the countless of other acts out there were the people who are so engrossed with their own musical tastes and genres that they couldn't see past the differences and just enjoy music for what it is.

I feel like I'm about to go on a tangent so I'm gonna stop myself here but the point is, pop music is enjoyable shitty music. I don't care if they're manufactured or not, I just want good music from Twice and unfortunately they still haven't delivered on that end imo.

same lol, wth.

her voice is gr8.

I've listened to their album a freaking bunch of times since the release. Ji Yeong's voice is so addictive!

Yeah, her voice is one of the best parts of their music.

Do they have any live performances?

roaSone

Yeah, her voice is one of the best parts of their music.

Do they have any live performances?
There is a huge amount of fancams and radio performances. I can't link to you right now but, you'll find a hell a lot on YouTube by typing their name in Hangul (&#48380;&#48744;&#44036;&#49324;&#52632;&#44592;).

llehuty

I don't care if they're manufactured or not, I just want good music from Twice and unfortunately they still haven't delivered on that end imo.

But you told us you bought the latest Hyorin and Blackpink releases...

tumblr_o9454q6WHz1vt7usjo1_250.gif

:p

Jungkookie, you are just using the same arguments people use to argue all pop music sucks, don't u see lol. Which is super ironic considering this is the kpop thread. Arguing things like twice won't be remembered in 7 years or whatever is just an easy drag because there's no way to refute or back it up. It's just intellectually lazy. I've been in pop communities for a while and heard the same things said about rihanna, beyonce, etc when someone doesn't like their music and wants to convince everyone else that they are not deserving of success.

Cmagus

Im a big fan of BTS and EXO but yeah they are two very different groups. The new BTS is a really good album, not as good as their older stuff and honestly if EXO CBX realesed a full album at the same quality of the mini album Id say it would be a much stronger album than BTS Wings.

But you told us you bought the latest Hyorin and Blackpink releases...

tumblr_o9454q6WHz1vt7usjo1_250.gif

:p
Whats wrong with the new Hyorin? As for Black Pink I just dont see the hype personally. None of their singles have grabbed me and Id say they dont sound that great or at least 3 of them don't.

YNNY IS HERE TOO!?

you're the one that arrived after i did! so.. it's like beef offering itself to be nommed~

Im a big fan of BTS and EXO but yeah they are two very different groups. The new BTS is a really good album, not as good as their older stuff and honestly if EXO CBX realesed a full album at the same quality of the mini album Id say it would be a much stronger album than BTS Wings.

yessssss

all of this, yesyesyes

Ok I'm not into K-pop but I'm just curious, is there a sudden rise in k-Pop popularity starting from last year? And what caused this?

I feel like Korea in general has been on the rise quite recently in terms of popularity. Not just Kpop but a lot of people seem to be interested in Korea/Seoul visiting/studying/etc who couldn't even point it out on a map a few years earlier.

Jungkookie, you are just using the same arguments people use to argue all pop music sucks, don't u see lol. Which is super ironic considering this is the kpop thread. Arguing things like twice won't be remembered in 7 years or whatever is just an easy drag because there's no way to refute or back it up. It's just intellectually lazy. I've been in pop communities for a while and heard the same things said about rihanna, beyonce, etc when someone doesn't like their music and wants to convince everyone else that they are not deserving of success.

So you ignore my opinion just because somebody tried it before?

Alright, I'll ignore you as well.

llehuty

So you ignore my opinion just because somebody tried it before?
He ignores your opinion because you can back it up. You don't like what Twice has released up until know, but other people like it... It's quite simple.

Whats wrong with the new Hyorin? As for Black Pink I just dont see the hype personally. None of their singles have grabbed me and Id say they dont sound that great or at least 3 of them don't.
I was just baiting you :3
I'm not a fan of most of her releases (both solo and in group).

Peru has a list
LMAO

Peru

Hi KPopGAF, I'm coming to visit because I've been playing Tales of Graces F (check out my hit thread on Gaming side) and the intro song has been stuck in my head (White Wishes by BoA). I was wondering if anyone had any other BoA recommendations, kthanks

Check out the two latest Korean albums, with such classic singles as Only One .

Of course she also has other game/anime themes such as

Every Heart

and Masayume Chasing

and also more legendary J-ballads like Moon and Sunrise

PInk Tape

Banned
Astro's Autumn Story is pretty solid; I'm liking the whole thing.

Hi KPopGAF, I'm coming to visit because I've been playing Tales of Graces F (check out my hit thread on Gaming side) and the intro song has been stuck in my head (White Wishes by BoA). I was wondering if anyone had any other BoA recommendations, kthanks

Here are the albums Peru mentioned: Kiss My Lips & Only One

Lookbook is her latest Japanese single and is pretty good.

Copy & Paste is one of her best songs, imo.

llehuty

Knowing brothers are recording a MV (?) and it features Momo.

Why did no one tell me about this nugu??

RUI - Exciting (Showchampion EP.198)
This song is so bad it's good and is now my new jam. Apparently she's from Japan trying to make it in the Kpop world. This song ain't gonna do it for her, but I think she's kinda cute in a weird way.

This girl is now part of a 4 member group called H.U.B or &#54728;&#48652;, they only have fancams for now, but hope they decide to release new stuff at some point.

I also like both. The fights between their fandoms are so crazy.

I also like both. The fights between their fandoms are so crazy.

isnt it more or less like the fights about which female kpop bands are best, or even which girl is best, like even in this thread. i think if we go and see in to the youtube channels for any kpop bands, girls or boys, you're gonna get to see the craycrays

thats the nature of fandoms~

Pendulum

(oreujima eolma gaji anha
bureuge haejulge Baby)

MV is for...
The footage with the other 5 members will be part of an episode rather than the proper MV

---

Because I like both groups and their music
Inkigayo
Twice "TT"
Black Pink "Playing with Fire"
They're becoming fast friends :)
Another Black Pink V Live broadcast

* ___ *

KPOP to and from work saves my souls~ I have almost an hour commute each way, so, listening to Kpop really makes the trips go woooshhh wooossshhh~ ^____^

... just curious, the thread title says Fanboy/Fangirl, so who's here is fellow Fangirls like meeeeee?

o/

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
i just put on kpop radio on apple music to and from work..

almost everyday.

whats wrong with me.

i just put on kpop radio on apple music to and from work..

almost everyday.

whats wrong with me.

this is what i do too :D

spotify kpop to and from work. EVERYDAY \o/

SHINee &#49380;&#51060;&#45768;_Tell Me What To Do_Music Video Teaser
A repackage album already? I had no idea this was coming. You can count on kpop to deliver 180º concept turns in a matter of weeks. Anyway, HYPE.

UP10TION(&#50629;&#53584;&#49496;)_&#54616;&#50583;&#44172; &#48520;&#53468;&#50912;&#50612;(White Night) TEASER #1
MV features ex-I.O.I (RIP) Somi.

* ___ *

oooh, both looks promising :D i am excite \o/

PInk Tape

Banned
* ___ *

KPOP to and from work saves my souls~ I have almost an hour commute each way, so, listening to Kpop really makes the trips go woooshhh wooossshhh~ ^____^

... just curious, the thread title says Fanboy/Fangirl, so who's here is fellow Fangirls like meeeeee?

o/

\o

hi <3

Ym1r

Sorry, probably not the right place to put this, but I just experienced an MT with my Korean student group, was probably the greatest thing to happen this year.

Games, drinking, group karaoke, bonding, cooking and eating freakin delicious food.

If anybody has the chance to go to an MT with some Korean friends, I recommend going, such a great experience.

Group karaoke, sang some classic Korean songs
&#48512;&#54876; - &#45348;&#48260;&#50644;&#46377;&#49828;&#53664;&#47532;
&#48148;&#51060;&#48652; - &#49696;&#51060;&#50556;
Fly To The Sky - Missing You
Brown Eyes - &#48268;&#50024; &#51068;&#45380;
&#48197;&#53356; - &#44032;&#51656; &#49688; &#50630;&#45716; &#45320;
&#50556;&#45796; - &#51060;&#48120;&#49836;&#54536;&#49324;&#46993;

Sang a ton more, probably did a good 3-4 hours of karaoke.

Wabi

Neo Member
Just reading a NetizenBuzz post about Eunseo telling a fan to 'Die' and see this in comments...

4. [+105, -38] No different from Nayeon who told her fan that the Han River is warm

Savage.

llehuty

Taeyeon's 11:11 is so good. It's so refreshing not hearing her going overboard with the vocals like in I or Why.

Also, does anyone know what happened with Playback? They had some decent buzz going for their debut, and I thought Sica's boyfriend buying their company would give them the extra push to take the group further. I remember them being part of that enormous lineup for the idol cooking show (do we also have any info on this)?

Just reading a NetizenBuzz post about Eunseo telling a fan to 'Die' and see this in comments...

4. [+105, -38] No different from Nayeon who told her fan that the Han River is warm

Savage.

Wouldn't be surprised if both are taken out of context, as I read in the comments. Knetz gonna knetz, I guess.

[Selfie MV] &#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;(TWICE)_TT
Selfie MV &#49324;&#45208;(Sana)CAM_&#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;(TWICE)-TT
Selfie MV &#47784;&#47784;(Momo)CAM_&#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;(TWICE)-TT
Selfie MV &#52292;&#50689;(Chaeyoung)CAM_&#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;(TWICE)-TT
Selfie MV &#52180;&#50948;(Tzuyu)CAM_&#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;(TWICE)-TT
Selfie MV &#51648;&#54952;(Jihyo)CAM_&#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;(TWICE)-TT
Selfie MV &#51221;&#50672;(Jeongyeon)CAM_&#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;(TWICE)-TT
Selfie MV &#48120;&#45208;(Mina)CAM_&#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;(TWICE)-TT
Selfie MV &#45796;&#54788;(Dahyun)CAM_&#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;(TWICE)-TT
Selfie MV &#45208;&#50672;(Nayeon)CAM_&#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828;(TWICE)-TT
-
Sana & Jihyo do PPAP
-
TWICE TV4 EP.03 - &#44368;&#48373;&#44305;&#44256; &#52524;&#50689;&#54788;&#51109;
-
TWICE MINA&CHAEYOUNG's LieV - &#53944;&#50752;&#51060;&#49828; &#48120;&#45208;&&#52292;&#50689;&#51032; &#45589;&#48169; &#46972;&#51060;&#48652;
-
TT MV hit 50 million views in 21 days, smashing the previous record by 35 days which was also held by TWICE (Cheer Up). Cheer Up should hit 100 million within the next couple of days too.

Also, does anyone know what happened with Playback? They had some decent buzz going for their debut, and I thought Sica's boyfriend buying their company would give them the extra push to take the group further. I remember them being part of that enormous lineup for the idol cooking show (do we also have any info on this)?
Going by what she has been posting on Instagram recently Jessica seems to be gearing up for a comeback so maybe they'll comeback after that.

Fuuuuuuuuuu.

Bolbbalgan4's(however you spell it lol) Chocolate is stuck in my damn head lol.

It's the kind of garbage/drivel pop song that I usually hate, coz it's basic as fuck, but it's such a damn earworm.

I'm like jamming to this shit out at work right now smh lol.

Ashhong

Sorry, probably not the right place to put this, but I just experienced an MT with my Korean student group, was probably the greatest thing to happen this year.

Games, drinking, group karaoke, bonding, cooking and eating freakin delicious food.

If anybody has the chance to go to an MT with some Korean friends, I recommend going, such a great experience.

Group karaoke, sang some classic Korean songs
&#48512;&#54876; - &#45348;&#48260;&#50644;&#46377;&#49828;&#53664;&#47532;
&#48148;&#51060;&#48652; - &#49696;&#51060;&#50556;
Fly To The Sky - Missing You
Brown Eyes - &#48268;&#50024; &#51068;&#45380;
&#48197;&#53356; - &#44032;&#51656; &#49688; &#50630;&#45716; &#45320;
&#50556;&#45796; - &#51060;&#48120;&#49836;&#54536;&#49324;&#46993;

Sang a ton more, probably did a good 3-4 hours of karaoke.

What the hell is an MT?

SNUPER(&#49828;&#45572;&#54140;) _ It's raining
I like it, but the chorus is missing something. I don't know if it's the thin vocals, the space between each line or what, but something is off.

This makes me miss some good old Boyfriend Sweetune. It has the typical vibes, but as you said it's not quite there. The vocals sound a bit weird for sure.

SHINee &#49380;&#51060;&#45768;_Tell Me What To Do_Music Video Teaser
A repackage album already? I had no idea this was coming. You can count on kpop to deliver 180º concept turns in a matter of weeks. Anyway, HYPE.

UP10TION(&#50629;&#53584;&#49496;)_&#54616;&#50583;&#44172; &#48520;&#53468;&#50912;&#50612;(White Night) TEASER #1
MV features ex-I.O.I (RIP) Somi.

Wowzers, SHINee, this concept is slaying me. I loved their album this year but the retro concept wasn't my favourite. This however looks so cool. Interested to see where it goes.

Also Up10tion is lowkey still one of my fave boyband rookies. Their company is definitely not holding back in trying to make them happen.

Edit: top of the (50ppp) page Dalshaspam.

And yea that 3rd pic is the most recent. Woohee bleached her hair again. :/

Top Bottom