• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

llehuty

^^^^ So messed up, she is clearly unhappy about it, smh.
Just reading a NetizenBuzz post about Eunseo telling a fan to 'Die' and see this in comments...

4. [+105, -38] No different from Nayeon who told her fan that the Han River is warm

Savage.
Wait! She might be an actual iljin

Cosmic Girls’ Eunseo slaps the shit out of Lee Kwang Soo on ‘Running Man’

And:
Eunseo was the one who cheered for the admin & fan fighting (she throws her fist in the end)
*paging Dice*

And yea that 3rd pic is the most recent. Woohee bleached her hair again. :/
Did I heard comeback incoming?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I guess now you should? I thought you were into iljins...
Ah, yeah. That's mostly that it seems all the ones I fav seem to get accused of being iljins, and perhaps they are because they stink eye a lot of people and yet also don't seem to care what the public thinks of them.

·feist·;220333567 said:
*WJSN-GAF reporting for duty*
Don't think I ever posted this 7680 × 4320 pixel res composite video here:

[8K] WJSN-SECRET (16 FULL HD IN 1)

As mentioned YouTube's 4K/60fps, 5K and 8K videos can be a good system benchmark to see if your CPU, GPU or network connection speed are a performance bottleneck on your device(s) and computer(s) of choice. Even the non-native poorly upscaled 4K/5K/8K clips can be useful.

R1920x0
R1920x0
R1920x0

WJSN/Cosmic Girl Eunseo is one of the sometimes hyper, vitamin members of the group. From what I've seen her comedic tone is simply offbeat. She can also be found playful and hyper one moment, and then staring off into space the next and/or seen looking upset or serious. Sometimes stank face/Resting Bitch Face helps explain things a bit.

161020 S/S 서울패션위크 JARRET 우주소녀 은서 직캠 (WJSN EUNSEO Fancam)

Watch Exy's part here starting at around the 10:44 mark. Note Eunseo's reaction to leader Exy at around the 12:04 mark.

She happens to be good friend's with accused fellow iljin SicaB: [Would you like girls_My cosmic diary] BTS of 3rd Episode. Besties, Eunseo & Sinbi of GFRIEND EP.03

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she is something of an iljin, possibly bi-polar or simply moody. By definition, very few idols are what they present themselves as in public.

·feist·;222375879 said:
As long as China continues to support T-ara that's enough for me.
Meanwhile in China, T-ara's "Tiamo" hit 130 million views on Tudou in 6 days.
Yes.

Peru

Tempted to give Dice points for his early appraisal of Blackpink - unlike 2NE1, who did seem to be both too awkward and off-beat for variety and the typical idol promotions (thus appearing as a genuinely alternative group), Blackpink just seem like they lose all remnants of cool swagger once they step off stage and play up the cutesy, the shy and the docile. You would think YG of all places would either get someone who inhabits a certain coolness compatible with the label's aesthetics or trained them to avoid the bland, cookie cutter attitudes of rookie girl groups. As I said a their debut, I still appreciate them as a girl group with a style that is not simply sexy or cute, but I guess I also wanted to see them take that stand through the idol PR circus.

SHINee's comeback is one of my faves of them in a while. At least since Dream Girl. (Though they've released some flawless material). Their styling is good, and it gives me more of a classic SHINee vibe which I love. But true about Minho's rap, that's a rough spot.

My boy Onew is looking good.

Drummond

Neo Member
The Blackpink members seem really comfortable in their Vlive's with communicating with their fans though. They seem like they have fun personalities (although it's hard to judge in depth without much content) and they like interacting with their fans, which is really what you want to do to gather support. Only Lisa seems a bit awkward, but I think because her Korean is not that good yet, or at least not on a level she would want it to, similar to Tzuyu. I like that Rosé and Jennie communicate in English as well with their fans. Future seems bright for them. They haven't been getting much appearances in variety, but they seem very relaxed and interesting.

As I've got some catching up to do, since I haven't been really following the scene for a few years before this summer, I finally got to Oh My Girl's 'Closer' and damn, that is an amazing song. I didn't really bother to listen to their songs, because I thought A-ing was a weird and bland track, but I think Closer is maybe one of the all time best in the genre. Probably have a lot more catching up to do, but it is really rewarding

llehuty

Yep, new SHINee is fantastic. That guitar loop has so much flavour, I love it. You know the production is good when the instrumental only stands out.

On the other hand, the new tracks for the repackage are super boring and they don't match at all with the 1 of 1 tracks. Would make more sense as an stand alone mini album instead of being part of the repackage.

roaSone

As I've got some catching up to do, since I haven't been really following the scene for a few years before this summer, I finally got to Oh My Girl's 'Closer' and damn, that is an amazing song. I didn't really bother to listen to their songs, because I thought A-ing was a weird and bland track, but I think Closer is maybe one of the all time best in the genre. Probably have a lot more catching up to do, but it is really rewarding
You should also check 'Windy Day' if you didn't yet, it's an even better song in my opinion, just as unique as 'Closer' is but slightly more catchy.

Dice

Tempted to give Dice points for his early appraisal of Blackpink - unlike 2NE1, who did seem to be both too awkward and off-beat for variety and the typical idol promotions (thus appearing as a genuinely alternative group), Blackpink just seem like they lose all remnants of cool swagger once they step off stage and play up the cutesy, the shy and the docile. You would think YG of all places would either get someone who inhabits a certain coolness compatible with the label's aesthetics or trained them to avoid the bland, cookie cutter attitudes of rookie girl groups. As I said a their debut, I still appreciate them as a girl group with a style that is not simply sexy or cute, but I guess I also wanted to see them take that stand through the idol PR circus.
I'm starting to think they are unofficially a "dual concept" group like Red Velvet.

llehuty

If you want to catch up with the previous years, you can go back to previous threads and check the posts made at the beginning of january; some of us made lists with our favourite releases of each year. I made also a list with my favourite releases of the first half of this year

Also, I'm disappointed in myself for not bringing up this gif for the "Twice's music is shit" discussion.

dD98tJP.gif

Pendulum

Jimin's having a stellar 2016.
Jimin performed Nicki Minaj's verse in a cover of Nelly's "Get Like Me" ft. Nicki Minaj & Pharrell Williams. The lyrics include, "My n**ga spend money like the coke price free" and she sang that part in the cover which offended some fans.
PH2FMpw.jpg
Since been taken down.
(Why is she replying in English?)

Dice

I didn't know it was offensive for Koreans to say the word in a cover of a song that uses it. They are pretty far removed from the cultural/historical context so I don't really get how the offense could carry the same way as with a white American saying it.

Bowlie

Banned
if you're just singing the lyrics from another singer, and don't even realize the meaning, it doesn't bother me at all. good on her for quickly apologizing, I guess?

i think maybe it's more good manners

like if i have a friend who has problems with zits his entire life and in our circle of friends we call him zitface and it's okay because it's our circle of friends and we write a song about zitface and then someone outside of the group did a cover for the song ?

i know a lot of asians are taught to be very well behaving and good mannered

maybe she's afraid she would offend some of her international fanbase?

in any case, good on her for apologizing quick

The country of origin of either the source material or the artist covering the material doesn't much matter for a word that's as inflammatory as what she said. Yes, full historical context may be partially lost on the artist doing the cover, but the "n-word" is hardly obscure.

If an Icelandic artist did a cover of a Britpop song which included a slur for Eastern Europeans, Middle Easterners or even inhabitants of certain parts of the UK, they should have an idea of what they are conveying through the lyrics and sentiments expressed.

Granted that isn't a 100% like-for-like comparison with Jimin's situation, owing to the source material featuring someone using a slur against their own group, but uttered as a supposed term of endearment.

Still, there are certain landmines which are easily avoidable. This would be a bit different if you had a word or phrase which was harmless in most countries, while really only being offensive in some particular region of the world.

To be clear, I'm not up in arms about this.

R1920x0

Oh, i'm sure that was good manners, but if this someone doesn't even know what zit means, at worst you can call them ignorant :v there was no malice there

yea but just cuz u dont mean to step on toes, doesnt mean it doesnt hurt

right?

but no, i agree ... there was no malice there, just unfortunate stepping on toes mistake

PInk Tape

Banned
SHINee had the better single but I think Snuper had the better overall release.

I like the ballads (Wish Upon a Star being the best one) but like llehuty mentioned it doesn't really fit the modern 90s sound that the rest of the album has. SM could and should have made it a separate release.

Rescue though.... I think it's my favorite out of the new songs.

As for Snuper, the single is missing something to make it great like Platonic Love was but the rest of the mini is pretty good. Please Don't/Lucky are fighting for the favorite song spot right now.

Meanwhile in China, T-ara's "Tiamo" hit 130 million views on Tudou in 6 days.

Chinese Queens don't play around :eek:

hi hi <3 i found my people * ___ *

you cant get rid of me nao : D

sorry :3

*hugs* <3

SHINee had the better single but I think Snuper had the better overall release.

I like the ballads (Wish Upon a Star being the best one) but like llehuty mentioned it doesn't really fit the modern 90s sound that the rest of the album has. SM could and should have made it a separate release.

Rescue though.... I think it's my favorite out of the new songs.

As for Snuper, the single is missing something to make it great like Platonic Love was but the rest of the mini is pretty good. Please Don't/Lucky are fighting for the favorite song spot right now.

Chinese Queens don't play around :eek:

*hugs* <3

*hugshugs* <3

...owo i needs to go listen to some snuper now~ huhuhuhu~

JustinBB7

Last 2 Running Man eps were amazing. Laughed my ass off at
big nose stealing gary's bike again. And gary finding another sticker.

Won't be the same without him though :(

Pendulum

First artists announced for Melon Music Awards
More:
EXO, TWICE, Taeyeon, Red Velvet, and MAMAMOO

---

They eased into their first variety performance and looked relatively comfortable. Personalities came through moreso than other rookies I've seen on that show. Good job.

---

Poor Blackpink. Someone did a real shitty job of making sure the mics were working properly. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTZ6XkvYxAk

Watched a couple other vids from that show. The crowd so dead (until Dynamic Duo made a party of it and only then a few rows looked happy)

Pendulum

Jellyfish is doing a thing where their artists work with others outside of the company (along the lines of SM Station). Sejeong is doing a song produced by Zico. Before you go "...ehhhh, Zico? Sejeong rapping?", here's a clip of the song - context: song (well, the original part of it) was created during a tv show and played that same episode, and ignore Chaeyeon.

Drummond

Neo Member
You should also check 'Windy Day' if you didn't yet, it's an even better song in my opinion, just as unique as 'Closer' is but slightly more catchy.
Haven't yet! I'll check it out since I really like these unique type of pop songs.

If you want to catch up with the previous years, you can go back to previous threads and check the posts made at the beginning of january; some of us made lists with our favourite releases of each year. I made also a list with my favourite releases of the first half of this year
Oh yeah this is exactly what I need. Thank you, that will keep me saturated for a while.

llehuty

74 views. How do you even find this stuff?
Short answer: My youtube subscription-fu is too strong.

Long answer: I'm subscribed to several fancamers. The moment I start seeing one group I never heard of, I try to find an official youtube channel of the group/company. Is probably not worth the effort in this case, but thanks to this I discovered Pritz, so I will probably keep doing it, lol.

Top Bottom