• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Wanda/Wander said:
Fuck.

I don't think I can handle another Kanye hype train.
gravytrain.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
neptunes said:
You know you will

ALLL ABOARD!

edit: Anyone think kanye might gas out of ideas? I hope he don't release a dud.
Ideas, no. But it's gonna be hella hard to top MBDTF. I'm not sure if he can do it so soon, without some shit going on in his life either.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wut?

Anyways, Kanye West scheduled to perform at CoD XP 2011 in about 10 minutes from now.

Live stream here. Since they've been swearing and shit, and this is CoD, it prob won't be a PG performance either.

neptunes

enzo_gt said:
Wut?

Anyways, Kanye West scheduled to perform at CoD XP 2011 in about 10 minutes from now.

Live stream here. Since they've been swearing and shit, and this is CoD, it prob won't be a PG performance either.
I don't think he can dabble too much into WTT without Jay-Z present. but who knows.

The M.O.B

enzo_gt said:
Wut?

They just said the stream is about to end..................... :/

EDIT: Lame, they are not streaming the Kanye concert.

Acid08

Banned
peterb0y said:
Just saw this vid and posted about it in the hip hop thread. I still can't believe Activision got Kanye to do this.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PBY

Banned
Acid08 said:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I know... they got em to perform at their COD e3 show when they were pimping black ops. That has to be big money they're throwing around.

Recon

Banned
MidnightCowboy said:
I have to see Ye live at least once in my life, while he still has it.

He puts on a fantastic show, but i doubt he will ever top his Glow In The Dark tour, that was fucking crazy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MidnightCowboy said:
I would pay so much money to see Common and Kanye just run through Be on stage.
The intro title track to the album specifically.

That beat is fucking GODLIKE, prob my favourite song period off of Be. Ye, you crazy for that one.

enzo_gt said:
The intro title track to the album specifically.

That beat is fucking GODLIKE, prob my favourite song period off of Be. Ye, you crazy for that one.
Oh I know. It's incredible. Production wise, I'd argue it's Ye's crowning achievement, but I prefer his old style to his new style. Also, I'm now listening to Late Registration, I love Drive Slow.

ikkemenx

MidnightCowboy said:
Oh I know. It's incredible. Production wise, I'd argue it's Ye's crowning achievement, but I prefer his old style to his new style. Also, I'm now listening to Late Registration, I love Drive Slow.

College Dropout > All

CRS

MidnightCowboy said:
I would pay so much money to see Common and Kanye just run through Be on stage.
Did you not know he was performing all of Be at Rock the Bells this year? Because it was amazing.

entremet

ikkemenx said:
College Dropout > All
808>all

It's funny how his concept album, which everyone was skeptical about, is the one still replay the most. I'd go like this:
1. 808
2. MBDTF
3. Graduation
4. College Dropout
5. Late Registration

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
entrement said:
808>all

It's funny how his concept album, which everyone was skeptical about, is the one still replay the most. I'd go like this:
1. 808
2. MBDTF
3. Graduation
4. College Dropout
5. Late Registration
Graduation has great catchy pop production, but man, some of those lyrics are painful, and it feels really shallow next to his other albums. No way I could put it above College Dropout and Late Registration.

entremet

Krev said:
Graduation has great catchy pop production, but man, some of those lyrics are painful, and it feels really shallow next to his other albums. No way I could put it above College Dropout and Late Registration.
Good Morning, Champion, Stronger, Good Life, Flashing Lights, The Glory, and Homecoming are just too good. But I agree, it was shallow lyrically.

Damn what a weird ranking college dropout near the bottom? son....

1. College Dropout
2. Late Registration
3. MBDTF
4. 808s
5. Graduation
6. Watch the Throne

entrement said:
808>all

1. 808
2. MBDTF
3. Graduation
4. College Dropout
5. Late Registration

:lol

CD > MBDTF > Late Registration > 808s > Graduation

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
entrement said:
Good Morning, Champion, Stronger, Good Life, Flashing Lights, The Glory, and Homecoming are just too good. But I agree, it was shallow lyrically.
It's really fun though, I'll give it that. Especially the songs you listed and Everything I Am.

1. Late Registration
2. College Dropout
3. MBDTF
4. Graduation
5. 808s
I like them all, and 2 and 3 are a bit interchangeable for me atm.

Epcott

1. Late Registration
  2. College Dropout
  3. MBTDF
  4. WTT
  5. Graduation
  6. 808's
  7. Dame Dash Presents: The Dream Team

I struggled with placement of MBTDF, I should put it under WTT due to the overproduction, but Kanye was trying something new so I cut it some slack. I think 808's is great, but the others have more memorable songs IMO.

Ashhong

College Dropout
Late Registration
MBDTF = WTT
Graduation = 808s

It's really hard to rate the last 4 for me. MBDTF just felt like such a passionate and heartfilled project, I struggle to put it under WTT, which is sometimes just more fun and awesome to listen to. None of these albums are bad though, which is the real story here. 6 good to classic albums in what, 7 years? amazing.

Robot 492

Banned
MBDTF > CD = LR > Graduation > WTT > 808s

I had trouble placing Graduation and WTT; they both have some tracks that I like and some that I hate. MBDTF, CD and LR are all great. 808s is not good at all.
I think I already ranked them in this thread once, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom