• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

neptunes said:
Toronto!!!

?!?! @ no New York? odd
There are two shows in "NYC". East Rutherford isn't too far from the city, and Jay-Z probably gets to use the building whenever he wants for free :p

Going to wait for the album, but I might get tickets for the Tacoma or Vegas shows...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I didn't go to the Jay-Z/Jeezy show here in Houston when I had the chance because no one wanted to go. I will be at this show.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
FFUUUUUCCCCKKKK

they're gunna be in San Jose...I'm gunna go and I'll fucking get shot!

Meier

Otis is not bad but there's just too much going on IMO. I'm not much of a rap fan so I can't get particularly excited about this to be honest. Jay-Z just doesn't do it for me.. gimme solo Kanye any day of the week.

I'd love to see them in concert though as I'm sure it would be amazing. No Austin date though so oh well.

Man I can't fucking wait to see them live! I saw Jay-Z when the Blueprint 3 came out and it was fucking awesome. Always dreamed of seeing Kanye in concert since I became a fan of him. First row get!

Ashhong

I can only imagine the ticket prices. The prices for the Kanye X Gaga tour were a good amount higher than Glow in the Dark. Probably gonna be over 100 for decent seats in LA :(

dskillzhtown

Ashhong said:
I can only imagine the ticket prices. The prices for the Kanye X Gaga tour were a good amount higher than Glow in the Dark. Probably gonna be over 100 for decent seats in LA :(

I am anticipating 100 being the cheapest ticket in the house. I think that is how it was for the Jay-Z show in Houston last time.

wenis said:
6UG0R.gif
just popping in to say I was there

also LA? I think I can make it

DominoKid

damn presale starts on Thursday. how do these things work? do they just sell all the tickets or just a select amount.

cause imma be broke until late august/early september. i'm trying to go to the Greensboro show.

dskillzhtown said:
I am anticipating 100 being the cheapest ticket in the house. I think that is how it was for the Jay-Z show in Houston last time.
Jay-Z was 110$ for me. But I'm willing to pay about 250$ for very good seats. (ten first rows)

Concerts are my way of supporting artists, since I rarely buy any albums, so pricey tickets don't really bother me.

dskillzhtown

Max Armstrong said:
Jay-Z was 110$ for me. But I'm willing to pay about 250$ for very good seats. (ten first rows)

Concerts are my way of supporting artists, since I rarely buy any albums, so pricey tickets don't really bother me.

I have been wanting to see Jay for years. I can't pass this up no matter the cost. I am sure I will be going solo, so that helps in finding good a good ticket.

Oozer3993

dskillzhtown said:
I have been wanting to see Jay for years. I can't pass this up no matter the cost. I am sure I will be going solo, so that helps in finding good a good ticket.

Same for me, except switch Kanye for Jay.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
At first, it was "wow, the first show is 30 minutes from my house! Awesome!"

Then I was like "Oh, the tickets are gonna be $100 more than I can even afford. :-/"

Don't really care to see Jay myself. Been wanting to see Kanye since forever, still regret not going to Glow In The Dark. But 100 bucks might be too steep of a price for me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SpeedingUptoStop said:
At first, it was "wow, the first show is 30 minutes from my house! Awesome!"

Then I was like "Oh, the tickets are gonna be $100 more than I can even afford. :-/"
Pretty much, I want to go but not sure if I can afford it/will be able to convince people to go with me :(

enzo_gt said:
Pretty much, I want to go but not sure if I can afford it/will be able to convince people to go with me :(
Fuck 'em, go alone if you have no one else. I went to see Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube alone and had a blast.

I hope the concert is like 4 hours long, they have so many good songs, I'd like to see a playlist before going, so I can learn all the lyrics. I've listen to MBDTF like 60 times so I know the album from back to forth, but there's a lot of Kanye songs that I don't know by heart even more so when it comes to Jay-Z.

I know they'll probably do all their collaborations like the Diamond Remix and Never Let Me Down, so that's good, but I have no idea what else they'll perform.

Oozer3993

painey said:
are they going to do new album songs, or individual songs? I'd go if its a mix of 'The Throne' and Jay-Z/Kanye songs

Both:

Both JAY-Z and Kanye West have each appeared as guests on the other's stage, and now they come together for never-before-seen performances not only from their collaboration, WATCH THE THRONE but also songs from their classic catalogue.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Apparently the album is a iTunes exclusive

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118040359?categoryid=16&cs=1&cmpid=RSS|News|LatestNews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Ugh, I have the worst luck with Ticketmaster, I'll probably be getting tickets off of Craigslist at a mark up :(

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oozer3993 said:
August 8th. Presale July 28th.

Thank you sir, so incredibly pumped, told myself I'd go to the next Kanye tour in toronto if I had to sell off everything I owned, and the ones I love.

Tucah

you speak so well
Wario64 said:
Apparently the album is a iTunes exclusive

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118040359?categoryid=16&cs=1&cmpid=RSS|News|LatestNews&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

iTunes exclusive for four days, it's everywhere else on the 12th.

I've never been to a hip hop concert even though I've lived in the US for over 7 years. This might be the first if i can get a friend to go with. Good thing they have 2 days in LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom