• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozay

Banned
That looks really cheap, judging by the nike boxes it's on I hope those were just made by some kid for fun.

Also, the San Jose tickets are starting at $56. I have no problem paying a little more for better seats because this guy is one of the few rap artists with the catalog and energy to really put on a show.

ant1532

Banned
wenis said:
shiny

it could just be the picture quality...ill wait till i have a copy in my hands...also that fucker better leak that shit.
THIS.

I out waited the leak for MBDTF till i had the hard copy in my hands. But that was SOOOOO hard. I never did it with any album before that. Never doing that again. LEAK HAPPEN.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
thezerofire said:
I was really hoping he'd just bring everyone. It would have been massive. What with that and rumors of Daft Punk DJ-ing Harder (they were invited to Coachella but didn't have a live set ready) I guess it only makes sense that I was a bit disappointed. And especially after Arcade Fire's set.

Yea for sure, if he had brought everyone on for all of the lights that would have been absolutely legendary, incredible, other hyperbole, etc.

Ashhong

kamspy said:
Can't see Kanye being able to give a Coachella effort on all those nights.

I dunno. It would have to have a line up in the caliber of Glow in the Dark at least.

Kinda shady they don't tell you anything about the show before the tickets go on sale.

The only single act hip hop show I've seen make it to an hour is The Roots. And I've seen a lot of acts.

Do you mean you have only seen The Roots perform for an hour every tour date? Because Kanye's set in Glow In The Dark was like 2+ hours IIRC, nonstop, by himself. Amazing.

rozay

Banned
Sai-kun said:
Shouldn't That's My Bitch say feat. Elly Jackson? :) Or is she not on the track anymore? That would make me so sad D:
Production credits show her and Bon Iver still have vocals on the track.

Red_Man said:
Yea for sure, if he had brought everyone on for all of the lights that would have been absolutely legendary, incredible, other hyperbole, etc.
More than All of the Lights, if he had brought out everyone for Monster, or had pulled So Appalled together somehow it would have been nuts.

Anyways, I think I'll wait for a concert review for this before plopping down $150 for a ticket

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I've seen Lupe and he went for longer than an hour definitely. All by himself and it was awesome the whole way through.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
thezerofire said:
More than All of the Lights, if he had brought out everyone for Monster, or had pulled So Appalled together somehow it would have been nuts.

Anyways, I think I'll wait for a concert review for this before plopping down $150 for a ticket

I can't wait to hear them do So Appalled, and the Power remix together, it'll be ridiculous. Anyone know if Bon Iver will be with Yeezy? I thought he was amazing at Coachella, and really brought the songs up a notch or two.

Red_Man said:
I can't wait to hear them do So Appalled, and the Power remix together, it'll be ridiculous. Anyone know if Bon Iver will be with Yeezy? I thought he was amazing at Coachella, and really brought the songs up a notch or two.
Not sure, he was there because he's in Gayngs, who played too. Justin Vernon was at a couple of Ye's New York shows last year so it's definitely possible.

DominoKid

Fixed2BeBroken said:
uuuuuuuh

apparently someone's got that new-new already....

IMG_0671.jpg

<not me>

looks like wrapping paper.

i hope its real though. i'm so ready to hear it.

rozay said:
That looks really cheap, judging by the nike boxes it's on I hope those were just made by some kid for fun.

Also, the San Jose tickets are starting at $56. I have no problem paying a little more for better seats because this guy is one of the few rap artists with the catalog and energy to really put on a show.
I just wanted to say that you have one of the best avatars on GAF. I said to myself, "Is that Rick Ross?" Then I lost my shit after seeing your username.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Two things/hopes:

1) That cover looks cheap as fuck and carboardy as previously mentioned. Hope it's just the picture.
2) I hope Ye doesn't overproduce That's My Bitch :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
cacophony said:
That's pretty much how I expected the packaging to look. Not sure what ya'll were expecting.
A lighter gold like the original image we got (like in OP) with some sharper definition.

Need a clearer picture to accurately judge.

kamspy

Well, we've got one person saying one thing, and another person saying something else.

Both people have about the same level of credibility when it comes to this stuff. I dunno. 50/50 it drops in the next couple hours if you believe the one guy, who is pretty consistent about this stuff.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I've been listening to Oits->HAM->That's My Bitch -> The Joy on loop. I need this fucking album tonight. Mother fuckers taking pictures of the box, fuuuuuuuuuuuuu, stop playing ith us

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kamspy said:
Well, we've got one person saying one thing, and another person saying something else.

Both people have about the same level of credibility when it comes to this stuff. I dunno. 50/50 it drops in the next couple hours if you believe the one guy, who is pretty consistent about this stuff.
Which one guy? The guy trolling?

I'm expecting a leak to come next week.

kamspy

enzo_gt said:
Which one guy? The guy trolling?

I'm expecting a leak to come next week.

Nothing I read on twitter. Nothing from Kanyetothe (but someone might be relaying the info now).

The guy doing the talking is first up with like 40% of the stuff that comes out. It's an invite only forum/group.

But it's weird because we've got another guy of equal credibility saying next weekend. I've never seen em clash like this in my time with the group.

The M.O.B

It will come this week for sure I think, were they not talking about having the entire album up to stream a week before it comes out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom