• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

wenis said:
I thought it would be reasonable. $70 is fine, $200+ is fucking stupid.
I actually got a tweet once from Quest Love. The Roots were playing the NYE show in San Francisco, and I @'ed at Questo something along the lines of "Love you guys, but daaaaaaamn $150 for a ticket?" He replied saying something like "What, you don't think the legendary Roots crew is worth it?" in a kinda snarky way. I just replied and said I was broke and knew way too many other people that wanted to go and were also broke. Seriously. Reality check.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Dartastic said:
I actually got a tweet once from Quest Love. The Roots were playing the NYE show in San Francisco, and I @'ed at Questo something along the lines of "Love you guys, but daaaaaaamn $150 for a ticket?" He replied saying something like "What, you don't think the legendary Roots crew is worth it?" in a kinda snarky way. I just replied and said I was broke and knew way too many other people that wanted to go and were also broke. Seriously. Reality check.

I woulda told him to eat a dick and screen shot my screen of me pirating their entire catalog. What a dick.

Dartastic

wenis said:
I woulda told him to eat a dick and screen shot my screen of me pirating their entire catalog. What a dick.
I should have, but I didn't. I kinda was in a bit of shock that he even replied to me, and that he did so in such a douchy, entitled sort of way. I mean, I have no problem paying decent money for a show, and I understood that it was New Years, but that show was hella expensive. Especially as a) it's the Roots, and b) I've seen them for like 20 bucks or so.

....although I gotta say, it was pretty hilarious to see him still pimping his show on Twitter the day before it was scheduled to happen. Obviously, I wasn't the only one who was having problems affording a ticket. :p

Ashhong

What the fuck why are you guys focusing on the most expensive ticket? That's probably either some like first row tickets or VIP tickets. I don't even expect 50$ balcony tickets at the Staples Center. I'm too lazy and scared to check if I'm right.

ShdwDrake

Banned
Ashhong said:
What the fuck why are you guys focusing on the most expensive ticket? That's probably either some like first row tickets or VIP tickets. I don't even expect 50$ balcony tickets at the Staples Center. I'm too lazy and scared to check if I'm right.

The cheapest ones on the site are $150.

Ashhong said:
I don't think prices are up yet, at least my lazy first check couldn't find any

edit: guess I'm not looking at the right place

dvdjamm

"Watch the Throne," the much-anticipated album by rap megastars Jay-Z and Kanye West, will finally see release Aug. 8 as an iTunes exclusive, prefacing a U.S. arena tour beginning in September.

Collaborative set will reach other physical and digital retailers on Aug. 12 via Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam/Roc Nation.

As of this Monday, consumers ordering the deluxe edition of "Throne" from iTunes received the lead track "Otis" as an instant download. Leaked last week online, tune features an extended sample from Otis Redding's 1966 recording "Try a Little Tenderness."

The two rap stars, known collectively as the Throne, will begin their trek Sept. 22 in Detroit. Jaunt will include dates at Staples Center in L.A. on Oct. 19-20. Closest the tour will get to the Apple is Sept. 27-28 dates at Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ.

All fans purchasing tickets to tour dates online will receive a digital copy of "Watch the Throne." Presale ducats go on sale July 28 at LiveNation.com, and on July 29 through Citi's Private Pass program.

Hova-West pairing immediately dwarfs last year's highly publicized Jay-Z-Eminem dates in rappers' respective hometowns of New York and Detroit.
Hi,we're The Throne

dvdjamm said:
The two rap stars, known collectively as the Throne,
9iQiN.png

thezerofire said:
When you could see Kanye and 200 other bands at Coachella for $340, I don't think it's that reasonable actually
Ouch. I stand corrected...

Ashhong

ShdwDrake said:
The cheapest ones on the site are $150.

Now THAT is fucking bullshit. Everybody not in LA should stop whining. $150 for the fucking nosebleeds? I don't think even I would be willing to pay for that. FUCK

mjfor40

There are more price breakouts between the $70 - $270 price range.

For Chicago, for example, prices are (roughly with fees) $70, $120, $165 and $270

overcast

That's too expensive for me. Cool. Can't pay 100 dollars for shitty seats.

Yeah, I'm saving for Coachella next year. This sucks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm feeling like T.Dot tickets are going to be outrageous, but if they're that high.. I don't think I'll be able to afford it D:

kamspy

Those concert tickets are ridiculous for a act without an announced bill (probably Nas or Memphis Bleek lol).

Most I ever payed was around $40. I thought this price range was reserved for Paul McCartney and Cher. No way in hell I'd consider it for Ye n Jay.

I'd love to go, no doubt. I'm just not paying $70 to sit in the nose bleeds.

Ashhong

Well, I have to say that I paid around $110 total for Glow in the Dark orchestra seats. Best concert of my life. They weren't exactly close, but goddamn did I love it. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

DominoKid

I'd pay 150 to see Jay and Kanye even if it is shit seats. the "i was there" factor is so worth it.

i mean think about it, they're gonna be out there for like 3 or 4 hours doing WTT stuff, previous collabos and probably most of their classics. Plus its Kanye so its gonna be hella big and theatrical.

Recon

Banned
I paid around $90(x2) for Kanye/Lupe/N.E.R.D./Rihanna for the Glow In The Dark Tour. If Ye and Jay got another decent name, i would probably consider going for around $70-90.

DominoKid

kamspy said:
Whoa now. 3-4 hours? I gotta doubt that. You got a link?

im just assuming going off Kanye's coachella thing which was ~2.5 hrs. they certainly have enough songs to go that long.

i figure 1 hr of WTT stuff and 1 hr each of Jay/Kanye. if they did that then I'd be alright with dropping that much on 2 artists.

kamspy

Can't see Kanye being able to give a Coachella effort on all those nights.

I dunno. It would have to have a line up in the caliber of Glow in the Dark at least.

Kinda shady they don't tell you anything about the show before the tickets go on sale.

The only single act hip hop show I've seen make it to an hour is The Roots. And I've seen a lot of acts.

mjfor40 said:
There are more price breakouts between the $70 - $270 price range.

For Chicago, for example, prices are (roughly with fees) $70, $120, $165 and $270
Where did you see these Chicago prices broken down, all I see on Ticketmaster is the two extremes?

Also, I just saw Kanye recently at Summerfest and he killed it, did about a 2 hour set. Granted it was a festival, but still...feel like dude will give money's worth.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DominoKid said:
I'd pay 150 to see Jay and Kanye even if it is shit seats. the "i was there" factor is so worth it.

i mean think about it, they're gonna be out there for like 3 or 4 hours doing WTT stuff, previous collabos and probably most of their classics. Plus its Kanye so its gonna be hella big and theatrical.

Exactly, expensive? Yea. Amazing experience you may never have another chance at? Yea. Ticket sold.

mjfor40

MaritalWheat said:
Where did you see these Chicago prices broken down, all I see on Ticketmaster is the two extremes?

Also, I just saw Kanye recently at Summerfest and he killed it, did about a 2 hour set. Granted it was a festival, but still...feel like dude will give money's worth.
Work in the industry...prices aren't fully public yet

Honestly this is out of control expensive IMO but I'm sure plenty of people out there will pay for it...just not a full house's worth

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
Can't see Kanye being able to give a Coachella effort on all those nights.

I dunno. It would have to have a line up in the caliber of Glow in the Dark at least.

Kinda shady they don't tell you anything about the show before the tickets go on sale.

The only single act hip hop show I've seen make it to an hour is The Roots. And I've seen a lot of acts.

Lupe does 2 hours, cudi did almost an 1 hour and 30 minutes. Kanye did about 1 hour and 30 minutes. I have yet to see a headliner that doesnt exceed 1 hour.

kamspy

ReconYoda said:
Lupe does 2 hours, cudi did almost an 1 hour and 30 minutes. Kanye did about 1 hour and 30 minutes. I have yet to see a headliner that doesnt exceed 1 hour.

Well, I've only been to one "big ass venue" hip hop show, and it was a bunch of acts. But who I've seen on the club circuit (mostly Bogarts and The Ritz)

Outkast ~45 mins
Wu Tang Lite x2 ~maybe an hour, ~30mins
RZA maybe 45 mins
Eminem ~maybe 30 mins (just a couple days after SSLP came out, club wasn't even at half capacity)
T.I. ~maybe 30 mins. His manager paid dearly.
Lil Wayne solid 45 mins

others I can't think of right now?

now punk shows, that's another story. Bad Religion can play speed punk for like 4.5 hours straight. :lol

PBY

Banned
ReconYoda said:
You got 2 hours from Lupe? You sure your backpack bias isn't clouding your judgment? He literally shit out 45 minutes of Lasers bullshit when I saw him sprinkled in with Superstar and a few F and L joints.

Red_Man

Relistening to yeezys coachella performance sooooo gooood, Lost in the World was especially orgasmic, I have a hard time listening to the studio version now.

Recon

Banned
peterb0y said:
You got 2 hours from Lupe? You sure your backpack bias isn't clouding your judgment? He literally shit out 45 minutes of Lasers bullshit when I saw him sprinkled in with Superstar and a few F and L joints.

Yeah, it might of been closer to 1 hour 45 min, but only 2 songs from lasers. It started at 9 pm and ran close to 11. RJD2 went from 8-8:30. It was for the Peace Corps. tho, so i dont know if that mattered.

Was I the only one who thought Kanye didn't do enough at Coachella? Hell, Kid Cudi and Rihanna were at the festival and he didn't even bring them out. And you seriously can't perform Monster without Nicki Minaj.

Red_Man

thezerofire said:
Was I the only one who thought Kanye didn't do enough at Coachella? Hell, Kid Cudi and Rihanna were at the festival and he didn't even bring them out. And you seriously can't perform Monster without Nicki Minaj.

That was definitely super disappointing, especially for All of The Lights....but he still killed it, but having those peeps up with him would have taken the show from a 9.5 to a 15.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Oh...they're coming to Baltimore. Jay-Z and Kanye huh...

Meh, I'm happy with VIP tix to Rock The Bells which is sure to be better.

Red_Man said:
That was definitely super disappointing, especially for All of The Lights....but he still killed it, but having those peeps up with him would have taken the show from a 9.5 to a 15.
I was really hoping he'd just bring everyone. It would have been massive. What with that and rumors of Daft Punk DJ-ing Harder (they were invited to Coachella but didn't have a live set ready) I guess it only makes sense that I was a bit disappointed. And especially after Arcade Fire's set.

painey

Ticketmaster not showing Minneapolis yet. I wanna go but it looks like it will be steep and I may not find a friend who wants to shell out to see them.. if J.Cole supports though I will be there no matter what

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
shiny

it could just be the picture quality...ill wait till i have a copy in my hands...also that fucker better leak that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom