• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
2w4xp4i.gif

PBY

Banned
MThanded said:
RobMarkman Rob Markman
WTT is different. Its not your standard rap album. Its musically progressive, but still hip-hop.

Rosenbergradio Peter Rosenberg
"watch the throne" wasnt ultra boom bap or ultra modern...or extra weird..it was just dope..the Rza joint I heard KNOCKED...be excited
I cant get anymore hyped

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Recap(Search.twitter.com <- use it. Best way to find relevant real time info. I liked google realtime but they canned it)

freeintegrated Keith White
Watch The Throne is a dope album. I was a Frank Ocean fan before but he truly had the defining moments on this album

RobMarkman Rob Markman
WTT is different. Its not your standard rap album. Its musically progressive, but still hip-hop.

"watch the throne" wasnt ultra boom bap or ultra modern...or extra weird..it was just dope..the Rza joint I heard KNOCKED...be excited

LowKeyUHTN LowKeyUHTN
"Made In America" will pull something out your soul. I'm TELLING you! Frank Ocean destroyed the hook! Murdered it!

definitely_nah nation
Swizz gave Jay & Ye his hardest beat ever.

MikeyFresh1 Mikey Fresh
Watch The Throne is ill as u expected. Ye got em, though.

DDotOmen DDot Omen
Ok. Just left the listening session: #WTT is good enough to make Jesus clap from the cross

AmayaRR DAVID AMAYA ™
Imagine Hercules and Zues making an album, then God and Jesus mastering it...that's the outcome of Watch The Throne. #MadFuckingAmazing

What is this ... tingling sensation that I'm feeling?

PBY

Banned
MThanded said:
Recap

freeintegrated Keith White
Watch The Throne is a dope album. I was a Frank Ocean fan before but he truly had the defining moments on this album

RobMarkman Rob Markman

LowKeyUHTN LowKeyUHTN
"Made In America" will pull something out your soul. I'm TELLING you! Frank Ocean destroyed the hook! Murdered it!

definitely_nah nation
Swizz gave Jay & Ye his hardest beat ever.

MikeyFresh1 Mikey Fresh
Watch The Throne is ill as u expected. Ye got em, though.

DDotOmen DDot Omen
Ok. Just left the listening session: #WTT is good enough to make Jesus clap from the cross

AmayaRR DAVID AMAYA ™
Imagine Hercules and Zues making an album, then God and Jesus mastering it...that's the outcome of Watch The Throne. #MadFuckingAmazing
I'll believe the bolded when I see it- and thats coming from someone who thought MBDTF is the album of the decade

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MikeyFresh1 Mikey Fresh
The interludes were amazing. #WTT

xoxoCaitlinBell Caitlin Carpenter
Can't wait for tomorrow............ #WTT

TalleyisMajor Matt Talley.
The rumor is that T.I. will be on tour with Ye' and HOV for the #WTT joint, that's why they held off on tix sales and changing dates!

RobMarkman Rob Markman

LowKeyUHTN LowKeyUHTN

jozenc Jozen Cummings
Just finished listening to Watch The Throne, and yeah, as good as you think it is. Probably even better after a week of listening

GET HYPE

Elliot Wilson bringing the hype in retweets goddamn.

EDIT: Damn MTHanded beat me to it, s'all good tho.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
cacophony said:
interludes? I guess that :25 in the doc is on the album. YES
That part is fucking awesome.

Really, dates changing everywhere, I really, really didn't want the Toronto date to change :/

zychi

Banned
it'd be swell if we could get confirmation on these dates from someone close to def jam. i'd like to know what day i'm buying tickets for come presale time.

Red_Man

Yea no kidding, right during midterms, AND I'm going to miss seeing my first live game for my hockey team because of T.I. this fucking blows

PBY

Banned
Expendable. said:
no way in hell they release early. I now see a countdown on the iTunes store...5 days, 22 hours...etc.
But a French soccer chick told me that it was coming out tonight...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
To wait until 3 AM EST or not to for the leak...

At this point it's pretty safe to say there won't be an early public release, or else the iTunes exclusivity is useless. All we can hope for is either an early listening soundcloud session, or digital copies being given out to ticket buyers at 10AM tomorrow.

PBY

Banned
http://twitter.com/#!/JEANNENA/status/98270350760091648
More twitter nonsense... living so italian confirmed?

will to stay up til 3 fading

The M.O.B

I see this thread at the top of the OT and I assume it's more "when the leak coming?" type of talk, now I see that we are getting something at midnight pst??

the_rock_gif.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DAMN PETER YOU DONT KNOW HOW FAST I JUMPED TO SEE IF SNIPPETS WERE UP ON ITUNES. Nothing on Canadian store :(

Damn what. Seeming more and more like Living So Italian was renamed.

Also, I wanna see So Appalled performed live properly. One of my favourite beats of 2010, I could listen to it on loop endlessly. Actually somehow So Appalled has become my most listened to song on iTunes. O_O

Baby Milo

MThanded said:
RobMarkman Rob Markman

rofl whatever

Red_Man

enzo_gt said:
Also, I wanna see So Appalled performed live properly. One of my favourite beats of 2010, I could listen to it on loop endlessly.

I concur, I'm super pumped to see them perform that + Power remix live hopefully, without all the Swizz Beatz bullshit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Red_Man said:
I concur, I'm super pumped to see them perform that + Power remix live hopefully, without all the Swizz Beatz bullshit.
They'll get T.I. to do his ad-libs, don't you worry.

cacophony

6. New Day (prod. The RZA)
Dope track where Kanye and Jay-Z are rapping to their unborn sons. Love love love the concept. And Ye takes a stab and Amber Rose stating that he'll teach his son not to wife up a chick he met in a strip club. LOL!

uS5ee.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
cacophony said:
Dope track where Kanye and Jay-Z are rapping to their unborn sons. Love love love the concept. And Ye takes a stab and Amber Rose stating that he'll teach his son not to wife up a chick he met in a strip club. LOL!

http://i.imgur.com/uS5ee.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Just booked [URL="http://www.ebtheceleb.com/2011/08/eb-celeb-attends-watch-throne-listening.html"]this shit[/URL] myself...

[QUOTE]Last time Jay-Z had a big event it was announcing that Jay Electronica had signed to Rocnation. The night was full of Ace of Spade on the Jigga man and seeing an amazing erotica performance so I was antsy with anticipation to see what Jay-Z would have in store for us this go 'round. Especially after finding out the location of the listening was going to be at the Museum of Natural History. Who has a listening party at a museum? Jay-Z and Kanye West that's who.

Kanye walked aimlessly around the museum greeting people and smiling. Jay was no where to be seen until it was time to listen to the album.

They played the records in the planetarium. We watched shooting stars, galaxies, and meteors while listening to Watch the Throne. I felt like I was in a space ship. [B]All phones were confiscated so I have no pictures, video, nothing and I'm frantically trying to right this post before I forget what I thought about each song.[/B] So here we go. I hope I didn't mix any songs up LOL.

1. No Church In The Wild f. Frank Ocean (prod. Kanye West, Mike Dean & Ken Lewis)
[B]Jay-Z allowed auto-tune on the album and this is one of the tracks it was used on[/B]. Dope though.

2. Lift Off f. Beyoncé (prod. Kanye West, Mike Dean, Jeff Bhasker, Q-Tip & Don Jazzy; Additional Vocals by Seal, Mr Hudson, Don Jazzy, Bankulli & Ricardo Louis)
This was a Kanye West song featuring Beyonce. [B]If Jay-Z is on this record I completely missed that part[/B]. It was perfect for the constellation scene as Beyonce belted out "Take it to the moon, take it to the stars." Very radio friendly record.

3. Ni**as In Paris (prod. Hit-Boy)
Hit-boy showed all of his ass on this record. Hands down the [B]hardest beat on the entire album[/B]. Before the track was a minute in they had me screaming "ball so hard" like I'm caked up or something. This song make me feel rich. This record most definitely should have been the lead single.

4. Otis f. Otis Redding (prod. Kanye West)
Still not big on this record.

5. Gotta Have It (prod. The Neptunes)
This is the record for the south. Definitely riding music with a simple and catchy hook.

Dope track where Kanye and Jay-Z are rapping to their unborn sons. Love love love the concept. [B]And Ye takes a stab and Amber Rose stating that he'll teach his son not to wife up a chick he met in a strip club[/B]. LOL!

7. That’s My Bi**h (prod. Q-Tip & Kanye West)
This record is straight hip hop.[B] This is probably the best I have ever heard Kanye spit.[/B] Jay used it as an ode to Beyonce but this is no LL type of rap song. It's on some Ruff Ryders "Ride or die chick" mess.

8. Who Gon’ Stop Me (prod. Sham “Sak Pase” Joseph & Kanye West)
Kanye West showed his ass. [B]So much so that he rapped in pig latin[/B]. LOL. This record made me feel like I was really in a space ship while watching all the constellations. Definitely out of this world and another record I would have picked as a single over "H.A.M." and "Otis."

9. Murder To Excellence (prod. Swizz Beatz & Symbolyc One)
[B]Kanye is on his 808s and Heartbreaks mess on this track but not as bad. His singing was bearable[/B]. The socially conscious record on the album.

10. Welcome To The Jungle (prod. Swizz Beatz)
[B]Swizz need his ass whooped for this beat. Beyond terrible[/B]. I have no idea why Jay and Ye even picked it. All them beats he pump out and this is what he gave to Watch The Throne? Very weak record.

11. Made In America f. Frank Ocean (prod. Sham “Sak Pase” Joseph)
I know Jay-Z starts off "Otis" saying "sound so soulful don't you agree" but I'd have to say no I don't agree jigga man. This record is a helluva lot more soulful than that one and Frank Ocean has never sounded this good. Jay is rapping about his unborn kids again. I wish Bey would hurry up and give that man some.

12. Why I Love You f. Mr Hudson (prod. Mike Dean & Kanye West)
This beat was so rock and roll. This would definitely sound dope at an unplugged session.

So even though I wasn't a fan of H.A.M. and just felt "Otis" was okay... I am now happy about this project.They definitely have a lot of records that are better than those two. So many people came out to support. My future husband Idris Elba, Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, Solange, Q-Tip, D-Nice, Pusha T and Busta Rhymes are all people I saw with my own eyes but the place was so big who knows who else was there. Music Executives Kevin Liles, Andre Harrell, and Mike Kyser were also there as well as radio personality Angie Martinez.[/QUOTE]

Niggas in Paris sounds like my kind of shit. HYPE!

EDIT:
LowKey's impressions:

#NiggasInPlanetarium
"Welcome To The Jungle" this nigga Jay-Z laid it ALL down. Honest as FUCK
Jay sounded so fucking hungry!
"Niggas In Paris" joint tho????????? Shout out to @HitBoy_SC god DAMN!!!
Just know niggaz listened to a RAP album in the Planetarium. #WTT
BUT understand this, WTT is not a classic. Shit is mean, tho. But not a classic.
The flow of the project is somewhat off. The music is great, but the flow (order of songs) is somewhat off.
Both Ye n Jay had their moments equally. Let's just put it like that.
"No Church In The Wild", the first joint Frank is featured on started the album out STRONG.
But "Lift Off" threw the vibe off. Maybe it was placed wrong. But whatever. We'll see
Dog, when I tell you "Niggas In Paris" is one of them fucking records?
"Why I Love You So", Jay's first verse was talking to Dame...in some form.
"Welcome To The Jungle", Mr. Carter exposed himself. Not sure why. But he did
There's a joint where they're talking to their unborn sons. I wanna say its called "New Day." Not sure. More honesty tho. A lot actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom