• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SMH @ DDot though. I thought dude was one of Kanye's friends? Why wasn't he invited?

No reason to get salty over not being invited then leak the shit and then brag about getting in uninvited. How did he even record it if they confiscated electronics on entry? Whoever snuck him in is in for some shit too.

What the fuck? There's no more show in Montreal now!? Fuck this shit man. :(

I thought with the revised list they were going to add some new places, not take them out...

Ashhong

Max Armstrong said:
What the fuck? There's no more show in Montreal now!? Fuck this shit man. :(

I thought with the revised list they were going to add some new places, not take them out...

More dates to be announced

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ashhong said:
Damn, this is so good. But I think its really just making me want to listen to late registration again

Yea, I've been going through Kanyes whole discography to make the wait for WTT less agonizing =/, and yea I fricken love that remix so smooth

The M.O.B

A bit late but I just heard the loose birdies from this.
Oh my god.
The first 2 were enough for me to wait till the 8th of Aug.
Finally we are blessed with Good Music.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Red_Man said:
Yea, I've been going through Kanyes whole discography to make the wait for WTT less agonizing =/, and yea I fricken love that remix so smooth

ive been doing the opposite...im on a complete yeezy/jay sabbatical until watch the throne is in my hands pouring through my headphones.

Red_Man

The M.O.B said:
A bit late but I just heard the loose birdies from this.
Oh my god.
The first 2 were enough for me to wait till the 8th of Aug.
Finally we are blessed with Good Music.

You talking about the clips the ddot guy had?

cacophony

Fuck, these snippets.

This is what music is all about. Doing something different and making it as epic as possible. 'Who Gon Stop Me' got damn

Red_Man

Are the snippets still up? I wasn't going to listen to them but I can't help myself now and I can't seem to find them.

nns3d

ShdwDrake said:
Would I be wrong of me to post a link to 6 of the snippets in a zip file?

I don't think you can do that because it's retail and all that. PMing people who request the snippets is cool though.

Red_Man

DevelopmentArrested said:
this thread reminds me of when GAF ballwashed kanye's last album for months and it lived up to 1% of the hype

94% on metacritic disagrees with you

IQKni.png

Word.

this thread reminds me of when GAF ballwashed kanye's last album for months and it lived up to 1% of the hype
uhhh except that album was fucking good.

EDIT: beaten like rihanna

Recon

Banned
Red_Man said:
94% on metacritic disagrees with you

7868c9eaa99d.gif

I can name a bunch of shitty things that got critical praise. MBDTF isn't bad, but it didn't live up to the hype. It also included 3 free Good Friday tracks.... Plus two more tracks that were interludes. Then you look at the fact that there were more guest verses than Yeezy verses, and MBDTF looked more like a compilation album than a solo album from Kanye. But i will say,Dark Fantasy, Power, Gorgeous, Blame Game were up there with some of the best Kanye songs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
One of the few albums in the last few years to actually meet the incredible hype and expectations. Certainly a 10 in my book.

Also, should the album leak no PM begging or even hinting at where to get leaks at all. That will not only get you banned, it'll lock the thread.

Tokubetsu

ReconYoda said:
I can name a bunch of shitty things that got critical praise. MBDTF isn't bad, but it didn't live up to the hype. It also included 3 free Good Friday tracks.... Plus two more tracks that were interludes. Then you look at the fact that there were more guest verses than Yeezy verses, and MBDTF looked more like a compilation album than a solo album from Kanye. But i will say,Dark Fantasy, Power, Gorgeous, Blame Game were up there with some of the best Kanye songs.

Don't you have a flocka write up to be doing?

ShdwDrake

Banned
ReconYoda said:

Lol wut?

Red_Man

ReconYoda said:

ReconYoda said:
That was better than MBDTF, at least Ye stuck with his theme.

1gQOX.jpg

Tokubetsu

808s is my favorite Ye album so yea. Not gonna find me agreeing with you there Expendable. I had 808s in heavy rotation for the better part of a year.

Red_Man

I enjoyed 808 but MBDTF is on a completely different level, I never thought I would hear someone seriously propose 808 was better. For the metacritic thing I'm not saying metacritic is the be all end all of judge of quality for music or anything else but when an album gets a 94% on the site there has to be something to it.

Recon

Banned
Red_Man said:
I enjoyed 808 but MBDTF is on a completely different level, I never thought I would hear someone seriously propose 808 was better. For the metacritic thing I'm not saying metacritic is the be all end all of judge of quality for music or anything else but when an album gets a 94% on the site there has to be something to it.

At least 808's was mixed properly. Unless Kanye wanted the mix to sound like shit, then it was mixed properly.

Red_Man

Listen to the snippets, and like others have said in here they're so grainy / shitty they're not even worth listening to, I was digging what I heard from murder to excellence though.

Recon

Banned
polyh3dron said:
Using a flashy vocabulary doesn't make your opinion hold more weight.

Articulate is flashy? Thats funny. I like how i give my opinions and reasons for them. But all you Kanye stans are basically "Herp Derp, your wrong!!!!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom