• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The argument you're proposing is so ridiculous it's not even worth responding to anymore, not sure why others even bother. Lets keep this Hype Train for WTT on full throttle.

Recon

Banned
Red_Man said:
The argument you're proposing is so ridiculous it's not even worth responding to anymore, not sure why others even bother. Lets keep this Hype Train for WTT on full throttle.

Its ridiculous to not think its a great album? Again, 1/4 the album was released as free Good Friday tracks. Its fact that Kanye has less verses than his guests. I say i was disappointed by this fact. Whats ridiculous about this?

DominoKid

lol KTT is awful. they killin DDotOmen

bCkGK.jpg

ShdwDrake

Banned
Honestly if I where to rank Kanye's albums I mostly depends on what day it is but I would say College Dropout and MBDTF are tied for first with LR being a very close second and then 808s and Graduation tied for last but all still close.

Red_Man

:lol at what hes holding in his hand, the snippets sound like they were recorded with it

Red_Man

haha yea I'm trying to remember the name but its not coming to me, and I tried googling it to no avail, but those were the shit back in the day. Also just noticed Jays wearing the ring in that photo, that kanye gave him in the mini doc we saw, pretty cool but not surprising.

Red_Man

All the people ripping this ddot guy on KTT would be on his dick if these leaks were actual good quality.

DominoKid

Red_Man said:
All the people ripping this ddot guy on KTT would be on his dick if these leaks were actual good quality.

nah KTTers take dickridery to the next level. they'd just echo whatever outraged statement Kanye put out.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Red_Man said:
haha yea I'm trying to remember the name but its not coming to me, and I tried googling it to no avail, but those were the shit back in the day. Also just noticed Jays wearing the ring in that photo, that kanye gave him in the mini doc we saw, pretty cool but not surprising.

TalkBoy

I remember getting one, it was so awesome at the time

Red_Man

atomsk said:
TalkBoy

I remember getting one, it was so awesome at the time

Yes! haha so great I know I have one hiding somewhere in my parents house I wanna go looking for it now... and this is my first time looking at KTT its pretty funny actually how defensive they are.

Ashhong

That's My Bitch sounds amazing, even in these low quality snippets.

Who Gonna Stop Me Now, is this the Flux Pavilion dubstep song? Bass sounds ridiculous. I cannot wait to get high and blast this in my car. I was worried about his use of "dubstep" but fuck, I think he's going to pull it off.

More impressions as I listen

goodfella

Ashhong said:
That's My Bitch sounds amazing, even in these low quality snippets.

Who Gonna Stop Me Now, is this the Flux Pavilion dubstep song? Bass sounds ridiculous. I cannot wait to get high and blast this in my car. I was worried about his use of "dubstep" but fuck, I think he's going to pull it off.

More impressions as I listen

I want dubstep out of my hip-hop.

That's my Bitch is awesome.

And Kate Upton is hot.

edit: whoops, not sure if posting to That's my Bitch full stream is OK?

Edit 2: Old version, damn rap genius sending me feeds.

Ashhong

goodfella said:
I want dubstep out of my hip-hop.

That's my Bitch is awesome.

And Kate Upton is hot.

edit: whoops, not sure if posting to That's my Bitch full stream is OK?

Dont get me wrong, I dont want dubstep any more than you do. But from what I heard, it sounds pretty damn good.

Full stream? say what? PM...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Slizz said:
Thats My Bitch been out for a minute hasn't it? Granted when I heard it, it only had a Jay verse on it....
The only version that leaked had a Jay verse and a Ye verse, but ye mumbled the bridge.

It's the same format as the album version, one verse each, except apparently "bleep-bloops" were added to the beat. Ye's verse is the same, the mumbled bits are "pop champange, and take a sip", and Jay added a few bars before he says "Back to my Beyonces."

Slizz

enzo_gt said:
The only version that leaked had a Jay verse and a Ye verse, but ye mumbled the bridge.

It's the same format as the album version, one verse each, except apparently "bleep-bloops" were added to the beat. Ye's verse is the same, the mumbled bits are "pop champange, and take a sip", and Jay added a few bars before he says "Back to my Beyonces."
OHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA now I remember it, I had it on my comp, but recently fresh installed Win7... Cool can't wait for this shit, pretty much the most hyped I have been for an album in a bit(will change when Outkast releases something next year or so)

goodfella

Yeah, got update in my rss, assumed it was new version, on closer inspection, no.

First time I heard the song :/ Sounds damn good though.

Recon

Banned
Slizz said:
OHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA now I remember it, I had it on my comp, but recently fresh installed Win7... Cool can't wait for this shit, pretty much the most hyped I have been for an album in a bit(will change when Outkast releases something next year or so)

Keep hoping, because that is never happening.

Ashhong

You know, I still cant wrap my head around the fact that we are going to get another Kanye album less than a year after MBDTF. Granted it's with Jay too, but that's besides the point. It's still Kanye's work with Jay verses thrown in.

Recon

Banned
Slizz said:
It will. As soon as 3k releases his solo its on.

Thats not happening either.

Ashhong said:
You know, I still cant wrap my head around the fact that we are going to get another Kanye album less than a year after MBDTF. Granted it's with Jay too, but that's besides the point. It's still Kanye's work with Jay verses thrown in.

Its not entirely a Kanye project either, there is a decent amount of outside producers.

Ashhong

ReconYoda said:
Thats not happening either.

Its not entirely a Kanye project either, there is a decent amount of outside producers.

There's always a decent amount of outside producers though, well, at least with MBDTF. I would label this as MBDTF part 2, featuring Jay Z.

cacophony

Why are people acting like Ye didn't produce most of MBDTF? Aren't Power, DF andDIAND the only ones that were pretty much finished before they got in his hands. I realize he has a lot of help for bouncing off ideas and stuff but I'm sure Kanye is the main dude behind everything.

cacophony said:
Why are people acting like Ye didn't produce most of MBDTF? Aren't Power, DF andDIAND the only ones that were pretty much finished before they got in his hands. I realize he has a lot of help for bouncing off ideas and stuff but I'm sure Kanye is the main dude behind everything.

Kanye added the chanting in Power, and the beat was lifted from "Crack Music" which Kanye produced.

http://www.omfgmusic.net/ for those that missed DDOT's stupidity this morning.

goodfella

cacophony said:

Devil in a New Dress outshines all the Ye produced tracks.

Red_Man

anyone have any more luck with getting tickets today? my buddys been at work all day so he hasn't been able to try and grab any =/

Ashhong

By the time I got to the LA show at about 11am, all that were left were seats that were behind the stage. wtf is that shit.

Red_Man

So will ticketmaster say if its sold out? cause im checking the toronto show and no tickets are coming up for 150 /109 will they add more throughout the week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom