• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Wait is this D DOT as in D DOT from P Diddy's camp from back in the day... the one Kanye used to Ghost produce for before he made it big??? damn what part of the game is this...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeezy taught her well, she's trollin up a storm, not getting hyped for anything else that dumb bitch says

Red_Man

anyone know if theres a service or play I can sign up for that will tell me when ticketmaster gets more tickets?

iavi

Yeezy didn't teach her as well as I thought. You can't comeback for a double-take with the same troll, unless it's a reverse troll... In which that case, I'm just going to sit here and act indifferent as hell.

DominoKid

tumblr_lpbftfaCTg1qglfnbo1_500.jpg

Ashhong

thy should have put jay z instead of hov and submitted it to blog sites saying its a special edition cover. im sure some would have believed it

Ashhong said:
thy should have put jay z instead of hov and submitted it to blog sites saying its a special edition cover. im sure some would have believed it
Like that MBDTF "Olive" cover that was made on GAF and later was posted on tons of sites. Good times lol

Red_Man

Max Armstrong said:
Like that MBDTF "Olive" cover that was made on GAF and later was posted on tons of sites. Good times lol

:lol I remember that, I was just lurking back then but still hilarious how it got picked up by some sites.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
nation posts his thoughts from the WTT listening session. Also Gayle King's impressions embedded... whoever that is.

On Monday night, Jay-Z & Kanye West hosted a listening session for their new album at The American Museum of Natural History’s Planetarium. It was all the news yesterday, but in case you missed it: they basically played the album at outrageously high volumes while projecting a light show on the dome-shaped ceiling inside the Planetarium’s amphitheater. It was ill, and I was pleasantly surprised with the album. As someone who grew up on The Blueprint, movies like Fade To Black and who still listens to all 12 minutes of “Last Call”, I wanted to walk in there with little to no expectations – which is probably how we should be treating everything that gets tainted with this much “hype” these days. The worst part is I think that’s what they were going for by not addressing the media (at all) until they were ready and able to play them a full project that they were finally comfortable with[1]. I liked what I heard though: Watch The Throne has a couple bangers, some experimentation to it (they had to) and the album even comes with an overall message. Like I said on twitter yesterday, Kanye’s verses sounded like he was back in rare form but Jay was definitely the one delivering the aformentioned message.
My man.. Last Call is one of my favourite Ye songs, and really I find myself listening to the entire thing every time. I don't know why. Must be a Yeezy stan thing. I trust someone's opinion when they got similar opinions.

Was a good read just to supplement the hype. Sounds like Paris is a dubstep-ish song too. And apparently Cudder getting some love by contributing vocals? I overlooked that in the full production credits. Awesome.

I need this. Now. I'm trying to study and that LQ Murder To Excellence beat is echoing in my head.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
enzo_gt said:
nation posts his thoughts from the WTT listening session. Also Gayle King's impressions embedded... whoever that is.

FUCK, that's the opinion I've been waiting for. Now the album is a top contender for the top 10 of albums this year...

:p

she was Oprah's partner for the last few years on the show, but I guess since Oprah split Gayle got her own thing going on now. The fact it's getting that kind of press is exciting.

Here's a 600x600 alternate album art :)

ilMWj6.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
adversesolutions said:
Will iTunes version be up tonight? I'm on Japan time.

Yep, I'm going to listen to it on the way to the theater tonight to watch the Arrested Development movie then hit up the Detox pre-release party....

:p

Red_Man

So new tickets are up and im looking at them, are lower bowl seats on the side some of the better ones for watching the show?

Ashhong

Red_Man said:
So new tickets are up and im looking at them, are lower bowl seats on the side some of the better ones for watching the show?

I prefer center personally, even if it's a bit further away.

edit: no new tickets available for LA :( I'm going to have to wait for another date or general public sales. I mean when the description says

Price Level 3
UPPER LEVEL SEATING
LIMITED VIEW

what am I supposed to do? Why would someone buy tickets that say LIMITED VIEW right on them.

Red_Man

Ashhong said:
I prefer center personally, even if it's a bit further away.

You mean at the back of the stadium lower bowl? Can't decide if I should go for that or try and get closer on the side. Also anyone know in the toronto show how far the 150 sections go?

Red_Man

Another question for people with a lot of concert experience, which I'm lacking, are the seats on the lower bowl on the side usually more expensive then the ones at the back on the lower bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom