• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

Red_Man said:
Another question for people with a lot of concert experience, which I'm lacking, are the seats on the lower bowl on the side usually more expensive then the ones at the back on the lower bowl?

IIRC, yes. The ticket prices are dependent on the distance from the stage, so while the side may seem just as crappy as the back ones, the side are considered in the closer "area" than the cheaper back seats.

Ashhong

Red_Man said:
Yea seems like it thanks....guess im gonna go for lower bowl at the back. Also this might be of some interest to fellow canadians rogers is having a presale at 12 on friday for rogers customers and you save the service charges http://tickets.urmusic.ca/ViewArtist.aspx?id=Watch+The+Throne:+JAY-Z+&+Kanye+West
is there an upper bowl? iuno how ur place is setup but I went to a concert once, got row 2 in the upper bowl and I was closer than people in the lower bowl for like half the price. it was awesome

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
this is the seating arrangement in to

qrDiw.gif

I was wondering about what you just said though, cause its 150 for 105-122 but only 127 for 307-311 so im wondering if trying to get in like 310/311 would be better

Edit: kanye will be playing were 111-116 seating is

Recon

Banned
Red_Man said:
this is the seating arrangement in to

qrDiw.gif

I was wondering about what you just said though, cause its 150 for 105-122 but only 127 for 307-311 so im wondering if trying to get in like 310/311 would be better

Edit: kanye will be playing were 111-116 seating is

I had similar seats(what looks to be 320 on your seat map) when i saw Kanye during the Glow In The Dark Tour, they were definitely good seats and close enough.

Ashhong

so that's like a stadium right? I don't think it would have seats overhanging like I mentioned. also u can't really tell where stage front would be so that's a problem. if ur choice is back lower bowl or front upper bowl id go for the upper

Red_Man

Just grabbed tickets in 102!!! Centre, didn't want to risk getting stuck in a worse position and it was the most we would spend, so fucking pumped :D :D

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
wtt_watches.jpg

Snap shot of the Watch The Throne engraved Rolex watch that Kanye West and Jay-Z presented to the engineers who worked on the album and made the project leak proof. NICE!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I wonder how many more artists will go this route with their next albums, thus pissing off more record stores and stuff.

wenis

This shit ain't leaking. I actually want to see this album go the distance now, as much as I want to hear this beast NOW! I think it'll manage to be one of the first modern albums (people actually give a shit about) not to leak.

Slizz

I think if I got that Rolex I wouldn't let it leak either. Smart move by Ye and Jay. What is there to gain? Internet leak fame or a Rolex personalized by Ye and Jay...

DominoKid

wenis said:
This shit ain't leaking. I actually want to see this album go the distance now, as much as I want to hear this beast NOW! I think it'll manage to be one of the first modern albums (people actually give a shit about) not to leak.

*shrug*

i mean it's not like its not gonna be up for free about 10 minutes after it goes up on the iTunes Store anyway. i really cant see all these measures being worth it just to cut out people hearing it a week early. its just a little too much. but whatever.

wenis

oh its definitely overkill for an album that'll just be "free" after the digital release, but it reminds me of the Radiohead In Rainbows release when everyone was able to listen to the album all at once and color commentate it while they listen at the same time. That was pretty cool.

wenis

No one, but printing I assume gets a copy a few days before the 12th phyiscal release date and iTunes won't get theirs probably until the day before, same with the WTT site for those that pre-ordered there.

Most likely it just went to printing today or sometime this week. Which means a leak through an actual physical copy wont mean shit because it'll have been out digitally for a few days anyways.

nns3d

4 more days, shouldn't be too bad. I've found myself going back to some of the Freshman Adjustment series to help me wait.

Red_Man

Kave_Man said:
Friend of mine just picked up 4 tickets to the Toronto show. I can't wait!

Nice man, where are your seats?

The album comes out so soon I don't even really care about a leak anymore, it'll be here in all its glory on Monday.
I NEED THIS ALBUM LIKE A FAT KID NEEDS CAKE WHERE THE FUCK IS THE LEAK

DominoKid

Dreams-Visions said:
ty.

so what "security measures" have been enacted to prevent all but "at retail"?

the main one is that theyre keeping everything on hard drives. so either Ye/Jay come to you if youre on the album or you come to them. a lot of leaks happen because artists send songs to collaborators over email and it gets hacked or someone saves a copy for themselves. the only people that have the songs are Ye/Jay and their tech crew.

Ashhong

Anybody know what time the earliest this will be released on iTunes? I'm talking like Japan time or something.

I'm so sad I wasn't able to get good seats for LA show. There better be some good tickets available to the general public.

Dreams-Visions said:
ty.

so what "security measures" have been enacted to prevent all but "at retail"?
Well, looks like the digital release is predating the retail release which stops the manufacturing and prerelease retail leaks.

DominoKid

Ashhong said:
Anybody know what time the earliest this will be released on iTunes? I'm talking like Japan time or something.

I'm so sad I wasn't able to get good seats for LA show. There better be some good tickets available to the general public.

probably whatever 12am EST on the 8th correlates to.

polyh3dron said:
Well, looks like the digital release is predating the retail release which stops the manufacturing and prerelease retail leaks.
ah. so the digital release will be out a couple of weeks before retail?

brilliant. that's the piece of the puzzle I was missing. all makes sense now.

Ashhong

Dreams-Visions said:
ah. so the digital release will be out a couple of weeks before retail?

brilliant. that's the piece of the puzzle I was missing. all makes sense now.

1 week. Where the hell you been?! lol

Ashhong said:
1 week. Where the hell you been?! lol
I think I have about 3 posts in this thread. lol. that is a directly reflection of how much attention I've given this album. That's not a reflection of my interest, really...it's just that I haven't been keeping up.

Ashhong

Dreams-Visions said:
I think I have about 3 posts in this thread. lol. that is a directly reflection of how much attention I've given this album. That's not a reflection of my interest, really...it's just that I haven't been keeping up.

Ah, well get on the hype train!

Expendable. said:
isn't it just 4 days? digital on 8th and physical on 12th...still amazing.

Oh oops. I didn't pay attention to the physical date, figured it was 1 week. It has to be getting pressed pretty soon........LEAK LEAK LEAK LEAK. Even if I get it by Saturday i will be satisfied and call their security measures a failure.

I'm just bitter that it didn't leak earlier. Shit succeeded on every level lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom