• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

enzo_gt said:
Speaking of bombs, whoever leaks it should leak it in a 9-hour Funk-Flexified version first.

Just for the lulz.
Hahahahaha. It should be co-hosted by Flex and Clue.

DJ CLUE... CLUE... CLUE... CLUE... CLUE... (fading)
*airhorn**airhorn**airhorn**airhorn**airhorn*
New shit... new shit... new shit... new shit...

ColdMilk

There's a lot of hype in this thread but you know that at soon as it leaks almost no one is going to say that they liked it for one reason or the other. Also the fact that this hasn't leaked yet, confirms the fact that record companies and movie companies leak their own shit just to see what the word is.

overcast

3 more days. We can hold out... are you guys still here?

They are doing a fantastic job of keeping this under wraps. Seriously impressed.

410479.jpg

Nah, I'm actually all about Kanye. I like his beats and fun rhymes more.

Ashhong

ColdMilk said:
There's a lot of hype in this thread but you know that at soon as it leaks almost no one is going to say that they liked it for one reason or the other. Also the fact that this hasn't leaked yet, confirms the fact that record companies and movie companies leak their own shit just to see what the word is.

what the fuck are you talking about?

Ragus

Banned
All I really want is one song as good as So Appaled. That's all. I will be happy.
Of course I won't mind if the whole album is awesome.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Black Republican said:
Wonder If there's more jayZ fans or kanye fans here

I prefer Kanye, but pretty much every song they do together I fucking love, and that teaser was lame until Jay popped out and i literally said "OH SHIT" to myself. Can't fucking wait.

Today was a good day.

My friend was able to cop some very good seats!

bLQE5.png

And while waiting for the tickets, we saw that Nas and Lauryn Hill would be performing in like a month and I checked if there was some seats left, and I was able to get some from like 5 rows from the fucking stage (on the picture above it's where the A is, we got E)! Bought! He will be performing Illmatic with AZ, Premo and Pete Rock and she's going to do The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. I think that's almost better than Kanye and Jay :lol for like 1/3 of the price also.

Aw yeah. Can't believe I get to see Kanye and Nas live a couple of months from each other.

cacophony

I don't think they are as bad as ya'll are saying. I mean what did you expect? They are clear enough (in parts without bass) that parts have been stuck in my head the past few days.

dvdjamm

ColdMilk said:

I don't remember the last time that an album didn't leak at least a week before it's release date...

goodfella

YoungHav said:
Rick Ross saves Devil In a Blue Dress. Kanye was doing nothing with that beat.

Best verse I have ever heard Ross come out with.

But no. In terms of flow, yes, but content, Kanye comes out on top.

Ragus

Banned
NME:
A blockbuster album that lives up to its billing for certain, with a giant cast of best-in-the-business types all firing on all cylinders. But, like great blockbusters in general, ‘Watch The Throne’ is more impressive than it is lovable. In fact, it’s so rich-people-preaching-without-really-offering-any-solutions in places that it sort of makes you feel that this is as big and as establishment as hip hop can get, and that maybe it’s time for hip hop’s Sex Pistols to come in from nowheresville and completely reject the old order. A brilliant album, but one that will stop traffic momentarily rather than change lives.

That NME verdict gave me a boner.

EDIT: What's with the "blue dress" I keep reading here? Some kind of inside joke or what?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Eric WK said:
It's a fair point.
Not if his recent track record has his little brother outshining him on half the tracks they do together. (Monster, HAM, Otis, The Joy, Power Remix). Ain't 2001 anymore.

Recon

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Not if his recent track record has his little brother outshining him on half the tracks they do together. (Monster, HAM, Otis, The Joy, Power Remix). Ain't 2001 anymore.

HAM and Otis(beat was nice tho) were garbage tier songs, but i agree with the rest.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
aeiko I'd advise against posting links to leaks and stuff, or even mentioning where to get them man, that's how we got the MBDTF thread locked.

And yes I've had the Murder to Excellence snippet on repeat for days. It honestly sounds like one of those instant classic beats, I cannot WAIT to hear the full thing. Swizzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom