• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
wttdoc.gif

cacophony

track lengths. Does iTunes seriously not give you 320kbps? why the fuck would any use that.

tlR0y.jpg

it might not be real i dont know how preorders work on itunes

Oozer3993

cacophony said:
track lengths. Does iTunes seriously not give you 320kbps? why the fuck would any use that.

tlR0y.jpg

it might not be real i dont know how preorders work on itunes

Preorders don't work like that on iTunes.Anyway, I don't think That's My Bitch is not gonna be a full minute shorter than the leaked version. Not to mention the version of Otis currently on iTunes is 2:58, not 3:01.

It is impossible for any human being to tell the difference between 256 kbps AAC and 320 kbps MP3. That's why iTunes uses it. Smaller file sizes but same quality.

nib95

Banned
Cynosure said:
can you honestly hear the difference?

Hell yes. Not all of us use tinny iPhone earphones. Some of us actually use decent gear with decent amps, DAC's and al the rest. The differences are seriously noticeable. 320 or FLAC or bust for me personally. I can't stand background noise, distortion, lack of clarity or the less clean instrumental presentation you get from lower bit rate recordings.

Admittedly differences would be slimmer between 256 VBR and 320 but every little helps.

Tokubetsu

Honestly, I won't even fuck with something if it's mastered decently, sadly a lot of rap album/tapes have absolutely atrocious mastering...like not even passable. Wu-Massacre was the most recent worst offender....just horrible sounding album no matter how you play it.

Oozer3993 said:
Preorders don't work like that on iTunes.Anyway, I don't think That's My Bitch is not gonna be a full minute shorter than the leaked version. Not to mention the version of Otis currently on iTunes is 2:58, not 3:01.

It is impossible for any human being to tell the difference between 256 kbps AAC and 320 kbps MP3. That's why iTunes uses it. Smaller file sizes but same quality.
This is the lamest excuse. Everybody downloading music has a high speed connection. iTunes is a garbage service.

nib95

Banned
That's my bitch, Who gon stop Me, Murder to Excellence and Why I Love You...all fuck yes tracks.

Tokubetsu said:
Can't even get those samples to play in chrome.

Chrome here, works perfect.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
who is mastering watch the throne?

if its Muller (or however you spell it), the dude who mastered Kanye's last album...expect WALL O SOUND.

zychi

Banned
so when does apple/itunes/whoever upload the music to the itunes servers normally do it? as soon as its up there should be an itunes rip within 10 minutes on the internet, i see its on the ticketmaster site now, i wonder how long before this actually leaks. it's gotta leak before midnight tomorrow right? RIGHT?!

None of those sound particularly exciting to me except Who Gon Stop Me, and that's only because I love the Flux Pavillion beat.

Maybe listening to it properly (as an album instead of samples) will change how I feel about it.

Oozer3993

whalleywhat said:
This is the lamest excuse. Everybody downloading music has a high speed connection. iTunes is a garbage service.

...what? First, I never said anything about the speed of customer's connections. iTunes hosts thousands of songs. The small difference in file size between the two can add up to big savings in server costs. Second, if they both have the same quality, why wouldn't they use the one that's smaller? What would they have to gain by using MP3? Everything in this day and age can play AAC. And it's been that way for years.

wenis said:

if its Muller (or however you spell it), the dude who mastered Kanye's last album...expect WALL O SOUND.

I believe Mike Dean mastered it.

LCfiner

cacophony said:

256 AAC vs 320 mp3. practically the same.

anyway, I haven’t been in this thread much but I’m pretty excited about this album. Loved "Otis" and can’t wait to see what else is gonna be on here.

Tokubetsu

wenis said:

Admittedly, MBDTF was a bit better when I got my polks and zeroe'd the treble and bass on my receiver. It's still a pretty big wall of sound though. I remember thinking about that last time I was high and had all of the lights on. Gorgeous too is just kind of a mess.

PBY

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Admittedly, MBDTF was a bit better when I got my polks and zeroe'd the treble and bass on my receiver. It's still a pretty big wall of sound though. I remember thinking about that last time I was high and had all of the lights on. Gorgeous too is just kind of a mess.
Gorgeous? Thats one of the best tracks on the album- kanye's verse dude... and raes...

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
peterb0y said:
Gorgeous? Thats one of the best tracks on the album- kanye's verse dude... and raes...

not about the track itself...the mastering is meh.

Oozer3993 said:
...what? First, I never said anything about the speed of customer's connections. iTunes hosts thousands of songs. The small difference in file size between the two can add up to big savings in server costs. Second, if they both have the same quality, why wouldn't they use the one that's smaller? What would they have to gain by using MP3? Everything in this day and age can play AAC. And it's been that way for years.

I believe Mike Dean mastered it.
The first isn't my concern. Apple makes plenty of money. The second, is this actually scientifically proven? Because I tend to think I can hear the difference between bitrates. Either way, I like Boomkat, because everything's 320 or FLAC, they're reasonably priced, and all my purchases are saved to an account which I can re-download from. Obviously the selection isn't the same, but I can still buy CDs.

Tokubetsu said:
pfft you and your puny monitor 50s

It's all about monitor 70s son

And BTW: 256kbps AAC is every bit as good as 320kbps MP3

I can't hear the differences in bitrates for the most part, so it doesn't matter to me. I guess if you can, it's a big deal.

But fuck me I need this album now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom