• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

cacophony

enzo_gt said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

JAY SOUNDING HUNGRY AS FUCK

TMB sounds tamed ;(

Honestly, those snippets kind of de-hyped me a bit. I was ready for some brash production and blaring drums in my ear, but it all sounds so.. tame.

This is what you get for over-listening to shitty quality snippets D:

yeah those ddot samples made it sound like it was going to be massive

but still Murder to Excellence is my favorite from the samples. that shit is on another level

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DUN GOOFD said:
how do i listen to these?? wont work in firefox , chrome or IE. WTF!
They work fine in Firefox for me. Click play? Or enable scripts on Ticketmaster if your using Noscript or something.

Jesus christ... N***as in Paris.

cacophony said:
yeah those ddot samples made it sound like it was going to be massive

but still Murder to Excellence is my favorite from the samples. that shit is on another level
Yeah. And agreed, I want to hear that shit in it's full glory.

Tokubetsu

polyh3dron said:
pfft you and your puny monitor 50s

It's all about monitor 70s son

And BTW: 256kbps AAC is every bit as good as 320kbps MP3

haha man, I'm getting there bruh. I need a new receiver and a sub first.

Recon

Banned
Wow, the production sounds good on those samples, but honestly Jay sounds lame, except on Murder to Excellence. Hype low, as always.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
AHHHHH MUST RESIST!

edit: ha, yea right. iuno what ur talking about enzo, this shit is making my hype go up up up

Murder to Excellence and Niggas in Paris :O
I don't know, after blaring TMB in my ears so long, Elly Jackson's voice isn't getting me that same eargasm anymore since it's been tuned down compared to the beat :(

Regardless, I'm not listening any more until it's out. Still super hyped. Going to bed now in fact.

#NOLEAKS

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
THOSE SAMPLES ALL OVER MY FACE

nWG8u.jpg

Kaizer

Banned
As much as I want to listen, I'm waiting till the album drops on iTunes. Yeezy didn't teach y'all well enough, patience my brothers!

Red_Man

Damn, I'm loving almost all of the snippets.....the one that just plays beyonce im not big on, Ill need to hear more, but goddamn this is going to be on replay for a very loooooooong time.

PBY

Banned
Important question that I shd know the answer to: If I preorder on iTunes, shd I get the standard or deluxe if I wanna get the album at 12 est?

Kaizer said:
As much as I want to listen, I'm waiting till the album drops on iTunes. Yeezy didn't teach y'all well enough, patience my brothers!

Im waiting too. Im so excited though, I already know Im gonna rip this shit for a long time.

Recon

Banned
peterb0y said:
Important question that I shd know the answer to: If I preorder on iTunes, shd I get the standard or deluxe if I wanna get the album at 12 est?

Doesn't matter. Both will be released at the same time.

J@hranimo

Banned
Loving what I'm hearing. Dat Hype!

Also Ni99as in Paris has the most interesting beat. Cannot wait to hear that full version (possibly tomorrow?)

Zel3

Black Republican said:
did i just hear jayz biting another biggie line?

when will it stop?
I say a B.I.G. verse, I'm only Bigging up my brother
Bigging up my borough --I'm big enough to do it

Chris R

Some really good clips, but there were some... sweet baby Jesus I hope this turns out. And that feeling good sample sounded so bad :(

Ashhong

I'm sad. I have no self control and will probably listen to these snippets nonstop for a good long time. I almost wanted to go in without having hearing any HQ leaks. Dammit.

Red_Man

Ashhong said:
I'm sad. I have no self control and will probably listen to these snippets nonstop for a good long time. I almost wanted to go in without having hearing any HQ leaks. Dammit.

Yea I just listened to them all on repeat for half an hour and forced myself to stop. So close.

Ashhong

i cant stop listening! been on repeat while i play starcraft for like an hour. fuck. so close to going in knowing nothing too.

Ashhong

MercuryLS said:
I hope Ye and Hov eventually talk about how they made this album leak proof, I'm really curious.

We already know...

1. They didn't email any songs
2. Whenever they recorded, they sent a HDD with the songs with a trusted engineer or friend to take it to the artist they want to collaborate with.
3. Or if they pleased, they flew to, or flew in the collaborator.
4. iTunes digital release first. Allowed them to delay physical disc pressing, which is where an album almost always gets leaked.

I might have missed something.

zychi

Banned
Ashhong said:
We already know...

1. They didn't email any songs
2. Whenever they recorded, they sent a HDD with the songs with a trusted engineer or friend to take it to the artist they want to collaborate with.
3. Or if they pleased, they flew to, or flew in the collaborator.
4. iTunes digital release first. Allowed them to delay physical disc pressing, which is where an album almost always gets leaked.

I might have missed something.
kanyewalkingthestreetwithlaptopandharddriveclutched.jpeg

they were really careful. i bet there's only 1 or 2 copies of the actual album out there right now. the master, a backup, and one that's going to be sent to itunes/digital companies.

just really simple and they realized it's not that hard to keep things from leaking if done right.

effingvic said:
from just these, the only ones that sound great are paris, murder, gotta have it and who gon stop me. i also remember thats my bitch to be a little faster. the rest just sound okay.

everything sounds so...clean tho. like a lot of people i too kind of expected lots of roughness n lo fi sounding stuff.
all the versions on youtube were sped up so that they wouldn't trip the shazam-style infringement detector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom