• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuryLS

Banned
snack said:
Watch-The-Throne-Vinyl-Cover-640x366.jpg

Holy fuck, where can I buy this?!?

Tokubetsu

CherryWoodFuton said:
This album is just what I need right now (see my Girl-Age thread post). Ima smoke a bowl and scream out "fuck bitches" while listening to this lol

Wish I had some bud for this =/

nns3d

Throavium said:
http://www.albumartexchange.us/images/prnphotos109414-PRN1-IDJM-WATCH-THE-THRONE-nc.jpg

You sure this is legit? I thought the same Jay-Z cover was used for the cover of BP2.

I hope the Ticketmaster download is not some shady ass DRM release.

"To listen to your copy of Watch The Throne, download this custom Ticketmaster Music Player, filled with ads for upcoming shows! Tracks are 64kbps wma files, and can only be downloaded on 1 PC at a time."

kamspy

Tokubetsu said:
What was a joke about it?

I've read the audio quality is worse than a low grade MP3. Almost every impression I read about it mentions this. The art on the discs is really nice, but it's also lightweight vinyl with a thin cardboard sleeve.

Never touched one, just going off what I've heard from people.

Tokubetsu

kamspy said:
I've read the audio quality is worse than a low grade MP3. Almost every impression I read about it mentions this. The art on the discs is really nice, but it's also lightweight vinyl with a thin cardboard sleeve.

Never touched one, just going off what I've heard from people.

I figured. I think a couple gaffers here were talking about how it'd turn out shit. 13 songs almost all of them are long as fuck and they still only had 4 sides double lp iirc. I don't own a lot of rap vinyls because of shit like this. Aside from singles. Oh shit Amazon has it listed as 3 LP and it still came out poo? Sad.

jaydogg691

I just listen to the snippets. Fuck. How's the release going on again?

iTunes gets it in a couple of hours. The disc release is on the 12th. I also heard if you pre-ordered from the WTT store online that you also get a digital version with the disc purchase. Do we to wait until the 12th to download it or will you be able to download it along side with the iTunes release? I think I'm ready to pre-order from iTunes.

Tokubetsu

jaydogg691 said:

iTunes gets it in a couple of hours. The disc release is on the 12th. I also heard if you pre-ordered from the WTT store online that you also get a digital version with the disc purchase. Do we to wait until the 12th to download it or will you be able to download it along side with the iTunes release? I think I'm ready to pre-order from iTunes.

everyone's saying if you pre-ordered the physical, we get a dl tonight as well.

Digishine

Banned
Itunes is trolling with me I receive an email that my pre-order is ready to download. When I open itunes the album is gone from the store :(

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I can't believe this actually didn't leak to the public. I guess I'll see tonight if this album even remotely lives up to the hype.

Digishine

Banned
Stat Flow said:
I can't believe this actually didn't leak to the public. I guess I'll see tonight if this album even remotely lives up to the hype.

Well, you thought it was going to leak, didn't you? Well, I have known for quite sometime that Watch The Throne wasn't going to leak. Rumor has it, Jay-Z and Kanye West keep the whole album in a thumb drive that is tied around their waist. This is literally tied so that it is not copied or added to any other computer or harddrive. They didn't part with the freakin' thumb drive for anything. What I don't know is who is trusted enough to get a copy of the album, but whoever does have it is trusted enough that it hasn't leaked to date. On top of it, the physical album only hits physical stores a week after the digital version its itunes.

source:http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/ru...paign=Feed:+allhiphop/YFZF+(AllHipHop+Rumors)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SlaughterX said:
So is this the Best Buy "exclusive" version, or all of the Deluxe versions like this?
There is no Best Buy exclusive version. Best Buy is just the exclusive physical retailer of the physical deluxe version, that's the only place to get it if you don't order it from the WTT site I believe.

And presumably, yeah that's what the deluxe version looks like. Still do want.

enzo_gt said:
There is no Best Buy exclusive version. Best Buy is just the exclusive physical retailer of the physical deluxe version, that's the only place to get it if you don't order it from the WTT site I believe.

It's on Amazon's site too... I dunno if I will order it there or just go to Best Buy on Friday. Sucks I don't have Prime anymore. :(

Oozer3993

jaydogg691 said:

If you preordered the album from WatchTheThrone.com, you should get a code to download the album from their store at 3:00 AM EST. This goes for both digital preorders and physical preorders. They all get a code to download it.

I don't know what Ticketmaster is doing. They appear to have their own digital store, so their will probably be a code to download it from there. I don't know when those codes might go out.

enzo_gt said:

I think Best Buy just has a timed exclusive on the Deluxe Edition. They're the only store that can sell the physical version of it until August 23rd.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ROFL @ that Pen & Pixel one with Kanye's face hahaha.

I like that and the one above it. Something simple like this would be cool too, although everything posted before is better:

2coX5.jpg

Bonus GIF (edited with new gif):

sh4uV.gif

I also added this GIF to OP, which has also been updated because I have nothing else to do waiting for WTT.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Okay, that "let's turn ourselves into cats" cover isn't real, right?

Riiiiiiiiiiiight?

Listening to the snippets, promising.

Ephemeris

no snippets for me. Gonna go in the album balls deep with only a couple tracks "spoiled".

No leak is pretty impressive. Is the iTunes angle the reason it hasn't leaked?

mjfor40

Feels like the old days when I got a cd on release day, there was no such thing as snippets and no one knew what a leak was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom