• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacophony

song rankings. not that anyone gives a shit

Murder to Excellence
Who Gon Stop Me
Illest MF Alive
That's My Bitch (leaked version)
HAM
Why I Love You
New Day
No Church
The Joy
Otis
Gotta Have It
Primetime
Lift Off
Welcome to the Jungle
Made in America

yall gonna hate that.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Kreed said:
Thanks for posting this. I'll be laughing at this review for days.
read the Apologys.
Tyga....my bad big homie. I never shoulda said that you look like a
"transgender Vietnamese prostitute that got abducted by aliens n was cloned but never really finished the process of turnin hisself  into a actual human n shit".
I dont think thats really true big homie.

fucking gold.

BigJiantRobut said:
Time has not been kind to a lot of rap album art :lol
'92 what

Cover.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF439WrEcqg&feature=related - for the unfamiliar, the OG Gold Digger hip hop song

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
cacophony said:
song rankings. not that anyone gives a shit

Murder to Excellence
Who Gon Stop Me
Illest MF Alive
That's My Bitch (album ver.)
HAM
Why I Love You
New Day
No Church
The Joy
Otis
Gotta Have It
Primetime
Lift Off
Welcome to the Jungle
Made in America

yall gonna hate that.

fixed.

Bishman

Why do super religious people hate Jay-Z / Kanye West?

Friend from high school facebook status: "Fellas we gotta stop buying albums for the chorus and coverwork and look deeper into the actual content... Straight up"

Bishman said:

Friend from high school facebook status: "Fellas we gotta stop buying albums for the chorus and coverwork and look deeper into the actual content... Straight up"

Illuminati, the Devil, etc. Are you blind to the truth of their evil?

Recon

Banned
Bishman said:

A lot of people are stupid. Thats really the only explanation on why people think some rapper are illuminati and other crazy shit. Plus, SUper Religious people think anyone famous has sold their soul to the devil.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Bishman said:

really. you can't be serious. why in the world would religious people hate ye for being religious.

i an't religious, but goddam, i still play jesus walks like it was released yesterday.

Recon

Banned
Complex Shadow said:
really. you can't be serious. why in the world would religious people hate ye for being religious.

i an't religious, but goddam, i still play jesus walks like it was released yesterday.

They dont hate him for being religious, they are saying him, but mostly Jay-Z are some super Illuminati devil worshipers. It mainly has to do with Jay calling himself HOV.

Ashhong

Complex Shadow said:

How can one song be so good? I mean, seriously. Gotdamn.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
ReconYoda said:
They dont hate him for being religious, they are saying him, but mostly Jay-Z are some super Illuminati devil worshipers. It mainly has to do with Jay calling himself HOV.
i have never been so confused.
Ashhong said:
How can one song be so good? I mean, seriously. Gotdamn.
also the video for that song was like the icing on the cake of awesome.
il9q1u.gif

DominoKid

Bishman said:

cause Jay and Kanye are trolling them w/ Illuminati shit and questioning Christianity.

Complex Shadow said:
i have never been so confused.

Hov... Jay-Hova (God MC)... Jehova.

They feel it's sacrilegious. Plus he's insanely successful, so like someone mentioned earlier, obvious deal with the devil (sold his soul, not literally for most.. but definitely for some).

VisionaryQuest0 said:
I have the whole album on repeat.

Fixed for truth. Great, great album.

oh fuck @ Ellen Degeneres picture for Asher Roth

omg and then Drake 3 times lmao

baby thighs lol

Just read the second one.

Lupe
Then the niggas label started playin games wit his mind n shit...n long story short...he decided what he was gon do was make the lost C&C Music Factory album or some shit. You can feel feathers flyin out the speakers when those songs is playin son

J-Cole
This nigga jus dont stop havin that chip on his shoulder. I dont mean like how M.O.P. got chips on they shoulders tho....I mean like how ya girl wanna have a serious talk bout her feelings 5 minutes into game 7 chip on his shoulder.

TI
No Mercy was audio nyquil son.

B oB
Son probably rocks cereal jewelry... probably serenades birds n squirrels namsayin.

Puffy
Thanks for Biggie son.....but please get the fuck outta here. Puff is like the nigga at the party that wont go home.

Swizz Beatz
Aka Snoop Budden. Aka the rap Pau Gasol. Aka the McRib of hip hop. This nigga made the same beat for the first 4 years of his career son

Chris Brown
This is the type a nigga that wraps his mouth on the outside of the bottle when he has a beer.

Mac Miller
If Hobbits rapped this is what they shit would sound like. I cant believe niggas actually listen to this toothpaste niggas music yo. Forreal forreal. This dude wrestles kittens yo.

Yung Berg
Son makes you wanna beat the porridge outta him. Thats why this nigga gets slapped at least twice a week yo. If you cant remember the punchline to a joke all you gotta say is "Yung Berg" n you gon get the same laughs anyway nahmean.

Aubrey
Aka the Ryan Seacrest of rap. Son is the safest nigga on earth. This the type a NAHGGER that old rich white men try to set up wit they daughters n shit. This nigga wasnt born yo....he was blossomed.

I'm in tears

Who Gon Stop Me and Murder to Excellence are probably the only ones I can keep listening to. The album overall is kinda meh.

I was expecting greatness out of this collaboration after listening to So Appalled.

I don't think it is just people being jealous of Jay Z. I mean i think alot of why people think he's satanic is because the things hes said. They just took it at face value, paid closer attention. i'm not easily persuaded, but I think there may be something with the music industry and satanism. I actually don't like to think about it. I remember Jay Z wearing the Do what Thou wilt shirt. some of us know where thats from. Alot of these people seem to believe in spirit possession or letting their bodys be used by spirits. Thats how Beyonce became Sasha fierce if you listened to her. You don't have to believe in it for them to believe in it.

In terms of Jealously tho, like non of the people I know Like Jay, to them hip hop is a chance to voice the concerns of your people or the world, its not about saying i'm planking on a million. Tho personally i love that line. Jay really needs to let us forget he a zillionaire for a minute. i actually think thats whats hurting him on songs. You can't think of anything else but your rolex, people starving in Somalia right now.

DominoKid

Ash Sparrow said:
In terms of Jealously tho, like non of the people I know Like Jay, to them hip hop is a chance to voice the concerns of your people or the world, its not about saying i'm planking on a million. Tho personally i love that line. Jay really needs to let us forget he a zillionaire for a minute. i actually think thats whats hurting him on songs. You can't think of anything else but your rolex, people starving in Somalia right now.

sounds to me like they're complaining just for the sake of it

play them No Church, Welcome to the Jungle, Why I Love You, Made In America and Murder to Excellence. there's plenty of songs on here for them.

Recon

Banned
DominoKid said:
sounds to me like they're complaining just for the sake of it

play them No Church, Welcome to the Jungle, Why I Love You, Made In America and Murder to Excellence. there's plenty of songs on here for them.

Welcome to the Jungle is horrible, No Church is mediocre. Made In America has the dumbest hook ever, and Why I Love You is basically Jay telling his past homeboys "Fuck You". Murder to Excellence is the best track on the album tho.

Lift Off is so bad. Big Ghostface pretty much hit the nail on the head. It's going to be one of the worst songs on the radio when it hits.

The beat itself is just candyland shit.

Esch

Banned
ReconYoda said:
Why I Love You is basically Jay telling his past homeboys "Fuck You".
like a big middle finger to every memphis bleek of the world.

Better believe he's gonna say the same shit about cole in say 2015 >;]

Recon

Banned
EschatonDX said:
like a big middle finger to every memphis bleek of the world.

Better believe he's gonna say the same shit about cole in say 2015 >;]

Cole doesn't need Jay tho, he will make is money with or without Rocnation. Its not like Jay is even promoting him.

DominoKid

PITCHFORK HAS SPOKEN!!!

*drumroll*

8.5 BNM

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/15725-watch-the-throne/

In the past week, Internet sleuths have pointed out that the release of many Jay-Z albums have coincided with some national or international calamity, 9/11 not excluded. Watch the Throne is no exception: its release on the same day as yet another catastrophic stock market downturn has led some critics to conclude that the pair's boasts of obscene wealth is out of step with the times. That's a fair case to make. But one of the striking things about Watch the Throne is how often Jay and Kanye address matters beyond their bank accounts. On "Why I Love You", it's Jay's dismay at past crewmates' betrayals. On "Murder to Excellence", it's black-on-black crime and the scarcity of people of color at society's highest seats. On "Made in America", it's the hardships of youth and coming of age. "New Day" is framed as a letter to the pair's imagined sons, a device that mostly gives them a chance to soul-search and self-criticize. On "Welcome to the Jungle", Jay, never a tortured pop star, actually says, "I'm fuckin' depressed." Despite all the triumphant bravado these two bring to practically everything they do, they work overtime here to bring a sense of empathy to this enterprise. Once in a while, they even sound vaguely humble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom