• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

DominoKid said:
PITCHFORK HAS SPOKEN!!!
tumblr_lb0svkH9MU1qblidn.gif

The M.O.B

Pitchfork gave College Dropout a 8.2..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

bud

because of ghost's review, i'm listening to ''who gon stop me'' a lot more, haha.

can't beat lambos and automatic weapons nahmean.

bud said:
because of ghost's review, i'm listening to ''who gon stop me'' a lot more, haha.

can't beat lambos and automatic weapons nahmean.

yeah the second half of the song just goes crazy.

But I have to say there's a strong lack of interesting songs here. I can only really listen to like 3 tracks right now. My hopes were a bit too high after MBDTF

they should just make a giant group album with yeezy, jay z, pusha t and raekwon. Call it "Even More Appalled"

andymcc

Banned
The M.O.B said:
Pitchfork gave College Dropout a 8.2..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

and the album is super-high on their top albums of the 2000s. i'd say if they were to re-evaluate the album, it'd fare much better.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
rpgb46 said:
Listened to it once, wasn't really feeling it.

i had to force my self to enjoy it so i didn't feel like it was a waste of money, shit is better after a few listens.

Still shoulda been a free extra's disk for Kanye's last album.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Songs that haven't annoyed the shit out of me.

No Church
That's my Bitch
Otis
Made in America (fading fast)

I think the first 3 will be the only songs to go into my rotation. Good effort, the beats were awesome throughout, the lyrics just seemed so boring. Generic. Almost placeholders. WTT is making me more a fan of Frank Ocean than Kanye or Jay.

Guanoape

Neo Member
I listened to the album a couple of times now, and it's definitely hit-and-miss. Luckily you can skip "Made in America" and go straight into "Why I Love You", which I feel is the best track on the album. It's pretty solid overall though.

Discotheque said:
they should just make a giant group album with yeezy, jay z, pusha t and raekwon. Call it "Even More Appalled"
The amount of money I would pay for this is so fucking ridiculous. Why is Pusha languishing with G.O.O.D.? I was thinking that move would bring him back into the game with a vengeance.

jaydogg691

Anyone who pre-ordered for express delivery get a conformation that their order is shipping? It sucks that I paid a extra for express delivery and still don't album. Fuck you iTunes.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Made In America, what a track, the type of track you want to have a few buds while drinking a few buds :p

so good

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
The M.O.B said:
and they gave MDTF a 10

but gave kid cudi's first album a 4.1

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Tokubetsu said:
I love them both but yea, I do find myself going to MOTM2 more. The highs on MOTM2 are higher, imo. The Mood, Maniac etc.

and the whole 4 track block from We Aite to Ashin' Kusher is perfect burnin' music. I can put those 4 tracks on repeat and be set for a whole session.

Tokubetsu

wenis said:
and the whole 4 track block from We Aite to Ashin' Kusher is perfect burnin' music. I can put those 4 tracks on repeat and be set for a whole session.

That entire middle chunk of the album is perfect. We Aite all the way to The end.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Tokubetsu said:
That entire middle chunk of the album is perfect. We Aite all the way to The end.

tbh I still find myself skipping Erase Me. It's not a bad song, but it doesn't flow well with the album. It's like Make Her Say, I just can't get into it because the album surrounding it is so mellow and flow-y

Ragus

Banned
I like WTT. Not as much as MBDTF or College Dropout, but still it's very solid album.

One thing that annoys me are those interludes between some of the songs. I think I will even cut them off in iTunes.

Ottis video today right?

Korey

Pitchfork said:
These subtler moments are admirable, but they don't always work. Consider, for example, the song "That's My Bitch", on which Kanye and his collaborators flip the classic "Apache" break into a devastating dance-rap monster with synths zooming off in every direction and Justin Vernon making the aforementioned sweaty soul moves. It's a vicious song, catchy as fuck, but it turns out to be weirdly awkward. Despite the title, Jay's verse is all devotional-prophet; it mostly concerns the way American beauty standards so often work against women of color. The sentiment deserves respect, but his laidback delivery, on a track with production and structure that call for ferocity, drains his ideas of force.
Hmmm...that might be what's off about that song

Appleman

wenis said:
tbh I still find myself skipping Erase Me. It's not a bad song, but it doesn't flow well with the album. It's like Make Her Say, I just can't get into it because the album surrounding it is so mellow and flow-y

I only skip Erase Me because it's easier to skip AK, EM, and WCIY, than to just have to skip AK and WCIY...

Not trolling

Ashhong

Last big ghost quote I swear :lol going through his old soft rapper posts at work and the dude just hates Drake so much

Aka the Ryan Seacrest of rap. Son is the safest nigga on earth. This the type a NAHGGER that old rich white men try to set up wit they daughters n shit. This nigga wasnt born yo....he was blossomed. When he aint startin pillow fights on tour n pollinatin flowers n shit son stays spittin wit that tenderized Stephen Hawking voice. The niggas heart got a ponytail. Son could probably make you any origami animal you ask him to namsayin. He the type a nigga to sprinkle rose pedals on his bed before he go to sleep n shit. Son could probably frost a cake usin his eyes nahmean. This niggas moms n pops basically got Rick Rolled when the doctor said "Its a boy!" But it aint like Tone wanna see the nigga get torn to pieces by a pack a wolves n shit. If I seen him would the god wanna beat the garnier fructis outta him? I dont kno b. Maybe?

I want to bold more but then I realized the entire thing is classic. my coworkers are looking at me funny because I cant hold in my laughter.

Oozer3993

Ragus said:
I like WTT. Not as much as MBDTF or College Dropout, but still it's very solid album.

One thing that annoys me are those interludes between some of the songs. I think I will even cut them off in iTunes.

Ottis video today right?

Yep. 8:56 PM EST on MTV.

Rolling Stone has posted their review.

Ashhong said:
Last big ghost quote I swear :lol going through his old soft rapper posts at work and the dude just hates Drake so much

I want to bold more but then I realized the entire thing is classic. my coworkers are looking at me funny because I cant hold in my laughter.

Where do you work lol. I'd get in trouble for that yo

seriously, idk why Jay doesn't promote Cole. Cole's got the majority of my current playlist and it doesn't seem like thats gonna change any time soon since WTT was a letdown. Right now I can only stand about half the album, and I only see 5-6 tracks top going into my regular listening schedule. damn shame, I was so hyped. Can't wait for Cole World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom