• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ayo WTF. Dream-Vision, your rolling in an RR? Son, we need to know where that income is coming from.

Income on a hundred, thousand, trillion.

Reckoner

Not getting this excessive ranting Kanye has been doing. It is really unnecessary. That Coachella one was enough.

Anyway, is it me or there are lots of people who actually think Otis is a boring song and one of the worst of the album? For me it is just great and one of my favorites. Not getting what's wrong.

Kaizer said:
Otis video is real dope, loving all the gifs on tumblr. I'm gonna have to no-sign on the model though, too thin for me.

So it's been almost about a week since WTT released, what's the main song that's sticking in everyone's minds? I personally can't get "Who's Gon Stop Me" out of my head.

Same song is stuck in my head...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Reckoner said:
Not getting this excessive ranting Kanye has been doing. It is really unnecessary. That Coachella one was enough.

Anyway, is it me or there are lots of people who actually think Otis is a boring song and one of the worst of the album? For me it is just great and one of my favorites. Not getting what's wrong.
Just like Power, Otis is actually one of the best songs on the entire album, and will be overlooked for eternity because it was a single.

Anyone with the retail find Living So Italian? Is the silence still there...?

DominoKid

i almost caught a speeding ticket to Who Gon Stop Me.

i sorta blacked out due to the awesomeness of the song and next thing i realized i was doing 95 in a 60 (there's never anyone on this highway) and the state trooper was on my bumper.

then i switched lanes and the trooper took off. he had to be doing 105.

Throavium

kamspy said:
Jay Z recorded his album in a castle.

Cam'Rom is probably having white castle for dinner.
tumblr_lpskhvjGYx1qhwh5lo1_500.gif

Tokubetsu

DominoKid said:
i almost caught a speeding ticket to Who Gon Stop Me.

i sorta blacked out due to the awesomeness of the song and next thing i realized i was doing 95 in a 60 (there's never anyone on this highway) and the state trooper was on my bumper.

then i switched lanes and the trooper took off. he had to be doing 105.

Really? Florida cops are dicks. Surprised he let you off.

DominoKid said:
Jay always loses the battle but he wins the war.

He got Beyonce, he got maaaaad money, maaad #1 albums/hits, a few classic albums.
They have....that victory. which in the grand scheme of things aint shit

Still though Nas made him cry and that's fucking hilarious.

Angie - Let's talk about Summer Jam
Jay - *whimper*....Yeah
Angie -*chuckling* what the fuck was that?

all of this JayZ love made me look up what Nas is up to...
" Kelis gave birth to his first son on July 21, 2009, although the event was soured by a disagreement which ended in Nas announcing the birth of his son, Knight, at a gig in Queens, NY, against Kelis's wishes. The birth was announced by Nas via an online video.[92] On July 23, a judge in New York City ordered Nas to pay Kelis $55,000 per month in child and spousal support after Kelis tried to collect $100,000 a month in child support"

damn Kelis did not have her own damn money?

Jayz and 50cent are really smart businessmen that is all I can say
I just feel bad for Nas

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Angry Fork said:
Kanye and Jay are both terrible rappers and Kanye is hit or miss when it comes to production. When he's missing he drives samples into the ground and fucks up entire beats because he doesn't know self control. When he's on his A game he makes some of the best multi-layered beats out there with tons of great instruments and melodies, and more importantly samples used correctly. Sorry but I can't enjoy sloppy work just because the name Kanye is on it.

WHOA! So much wrong with this mayne.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Nabs said:
I need video proof that Swizz had anything to do with that beat. Putting your name on a track is easy as shit.

I know this is from a week ago, but dude I could help but lol at your post. Some people act like Swizz hasn't been making amazing beats for over 10 years now.

Swizz can do more than just club and uptempo beats.

Recon

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
I know this is from a week ago, but dude I could help but lol at your post. Some people act like Swizz hasn't been making amazing beats for over 10 years now.

Swizz can do more than just club and uptempo beats.

Your crazy if you think Swizz is anything more than a joke.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ReconYoda said:
Your crazy if you think Swizz is anything more than a joke.
You're crazy if you think Swizzy doesn't have a library of bangers under his belt.

I'm kind of surprised myself that people in this thread are that surprised. Sure he's been shaky recently, but every once in a while he comes out with something proving he's still got it. Most recently before WTT being Dear Anne (Stan Pt.2).

Recon

Banned
enzo_gt said:
You're crazy if you think Swizzy doesn't have a library of bangers under his belt.

I'm kind of surprised myself that people in this thread are that surprised. Sure he's been shaky recently, but every once in a while he comes out with something proving he's still got it. Most recently before WTT being Dear Anne (Stan Pt.2).

He may have some good songs, but his plethora of shit clouds everyones minds. Plus, he needs to never, ever speak on a track.

So I ran out to Target on my lunch break Friday, since there is one like 2 blocks from my work, and picked up it for $12.99...only to find that is wht Best Buy is selling the Deluxe for. SMH at myself. I figured the deluxe would be like $18 or something. Fitting too, because I'm probably one of 3 people in the world that actually liked H.A.M. and come to find it's not on the regular edition.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
99% of the time when I hear a new album I'll always skip the single because I've listened to it so much prior to the album, but on WTT whenever Otis comes I naturally let it play like the other songs, so for me it's pretty damn good, especially considering it was their single.

ReconYoda said:
If there weren't a ton of other reasons, this is the biggest. Fuck....Alicia is such perfection.

I still think Swizz is just Alicia's sperm donor/beard (or whatever the lesbian version of a beard is, a bush?) At least that's what I want to believe.

Recon

Banned
Red_Man said:
99% of the time when I hear a new album I'll always skip the single because I've listened to it so much prior to the album, but on WTT whenever Otis comes I naturally let it play like the other songs, so for me it's pretty damn good, especially considering it was their single.

HAM and OTIS were bad. OTIS is made better by the video tho. Its still a good beat with some bad rhymes on it.

Recon

Banned
CaptYamato said:
Most of the songs have great beats with weak rhymes.

That one sticks out the most IMO. Usually its Beat<--------->Rhymes. With Otis, its more like Beat<-------------------------------------------------->Rhymes.

Dabanton

ReconYoda said:
If there weren't a ton of other reasons, this is the biggest. Fuck....Alicia is such perfection.

This pic is from July this year.

Not liking the look of the entire leg area. Lets hope she's back to her best soon...

alicia_keys_fatsqb9.jpg

Recon

Banned
Dabanton said:
This pic is from July this year.

Not liking the look of the entire leg area. Lets hope she's back to her best soon...

alicia_keys_fatsqb9.jpg

Let me re-phrase that. Pre-pregnancy Alicia was perfection.

overcast

I've listened to Gotta Have It so much lately. That may be my favorite track.

Swizzy needs to shut his mouth when he is on a track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom