• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West & Jay-Z present: Watch The Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
OG Kush said:
Last Call - Kanyes best track and beat IMO. very heartfelt...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q602739kBr4

also in it he raps:
"So I don't listen to the suits behind the desk no more
You niggaz wear suits 'cause you can't dress no more"

and then he started the rosewood suits movement... hehe just a funny thing I noticed..
this song is/wa fantastic. jcole did a song over this beat awhile back (kept it called last call) and made me fall in love with the original and cole's all over again.

Ashhong said:
^ your avatar is so goddamn disturbing :lol

0YAYUl.jpg

I like the fact that they did the disc old school PlayStation style with the black bottom, but I swear it scratches easier than regular discs, and my fucking 360 won't even read it. Anyone else having this problem?

Lima

SlaughterX said:
I like the fact that they did the disc old school PlayStation style with the black bottom, but I swear it scratches easier than regular discs, and my fucking 360 won't even read it. Anyone else having this problem?

Buying music on cd is so 90s.

Meier

Maybe Lift Off and Made in America are white people tracks. Two of my favorites on the album..MIA is probably my favorite in fact.

overcast

zychi said:
this song is/wa fantastic. jcole did a song over this beat awhile back (kept it called last call) and made me fall in love with the original and cole's all over again.
Yup, J. Coles version was sick as well. The original track is classic.

I really liked that video, fun to watch.

J@hranimo

Banned
So I went to Best Buy today and saw a whole end of a aisle full of the deluxe edition in their shiny, gold packaging.

It's totally worth it :D

P1010338.jpg

P1010339.jpg

P1010346.jpg

P1010348.jpg

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
J@hranimo said:
So I went to Best Buy today and saw a whole end of a aisle full of the deluxe edition in their shiny, gold packaging.

It's totally worth it :D
Damn that looks sick.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Mine did, but it's status on the USPS site hasn't changed...it's still shipping from Indiana apparently.

I'll probably get it monday of this coming week.

Tokubetsu

wenis said:
Mine did, but it's status on the USPS site hasn't changed...it's still shipping from Indiana apparently.

I'll probably get it monday of this coming week.

Mine's in my state but i still won't have it until next Monday/Tuesday

zychi

Banned
overcast said:
Yup, J. Coles version was sick as well. The original track is classic.

I really liked that video, fun to watch.
you dont happen to have a link to the video. cant telll if youre talking a kanye video of a jcole video. the only one i can find is a jcole mashup that isnt an actual video.

Ashhong

zychi said:
you dont happen to have a link to the video. cant telll if youre talking a kanye video of a jcole video. the only one i can find is a jcole mashup that isnt an actual video.

I think he's talking about the Otis video

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
That had to have been the most creatively bankrupt Spike Jonze video I've ever seen.
I guess in that respect him and Kanye are a good match :(

What is this ripping off?

You can't just say something like that with out backing it up.

Well you've seen his other work right?
Where would you rate this second-rate, uncreative, boring video amongst them?
It has a shocking lack of ideas and creativity compared to basically anything he's done before or even Kanye's past videos themselves. I didn't infer that it had ripped anything off but if this is 'being original' then perhaps they should have.
I know that the music video is a dying art but if you think this is a good one, you clearly have low standards
and probably like Lift Off too! :p

overcast

I don't praise it cause of creativity. I liked it cause it was a fun video. It was enjoyable to watch. Not art or anything close.

It doesn't feel like a Spike Jonze video at all though.

Perhaps that's my problem. I went into it as 'the new Spike Jonze video' and so was disappointed. It's cool to see the guys clowning around and Jay smiling but again, taking Spike's and Kanye's precious work into consideration, it was pretty poor.

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
Well you've seen his other work right?
Where would you rate this second-rate, uncreative, boring video amongst them?
It has a shocking lack of ideas and creativity compared to basically anything he's done before or even Kanye's past videos themselves. I didn't infer that it had ripped anything off but if this is 'being original' then perhaps they should have.
I know that the music video is a dying art but if you think this is a good one, you clearly have low standards
and probably like Lift Off too! :p

Well isn't the song basically just braggadocio about their wealth?

So taking one of the most expensive cars in the world and basically fucking it up just cause they can, kind of goes with the theme.

Ashhong

DaMan121 said:
Maybe a stupid question, but why is there 2 minutes of silence at the start of Illest M-F-ers Alive?

It separates the bonus tracks from the regular album, making them more like Hidden Tracks.

I really love Otis and Gotta Have It lately. Absolutely love the back and forth rap style on it. Probably why I enjoy Hate from Blueprint 3 so much. Any other good songs with this kind of rapping?

kamspy

I really hope some of the tracks that didn't make the cut find their way onto the internet. I really wanna hear Living So Italian after hearing the rest of the tracks.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Yep, used the NeoGIF tutorial thread, surprisingly easy.

I think the best part of the video is the time of day they shot it. The light coming off the top of the buildings just adds so much to the scene. Dat lens flare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom