• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West leaves stage in middle of a song citing family emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Media

Now that details are out, I feel for her even more. That had to be terrifying. So glad. O one was hurt, and good on Kanye for leaving to go to her. His priorities are in the right place.

I don't follow them much, so it that pretty typical of him?

Squalor

Now that details are out, I feel for her even more. That had to be terrifying. So glad. O one was hurt, and good on Kanye for leaving to go to her. His priorities are in the right place.

I don't follow them much, so it that pretty typical of him?
Typical of him to leave in the middle of his concert because his wife has been bound, gagged, held at gunpoint, and robbed?

Yes.

Aurongel

Saw Kanye in the thread title and figured this would be some dumb excuse or publicity stunt.

This ended up being way scarier, yeesh.

Demoskinos

I feel bad for her that's going to leave a mental scar that will last for a long time. Main thing is though that she is safe. Good on Kanye for not hesitating for a moment to rush to her though.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I feel bad for her that's going to leave a mental scar that will last for a long time. Main thing is though that she is safe. Good on Kanye for not hesitating for a moment to rush to her though.

She's probably going to beef up security to Presidential levels.

Is this post for real?

Are you seriously saying she is lucky for getting robbed, tied up, and held at gunpoint?

Christ

Yes, because she could have been robbed, tied up, raped, then killed at gunpoint.

Does the phrase "lucky to be alive" mean anything to you?

Ray Wonder

Is this post for real?

Are you seriously saying she is lucky for getting robbed, tied up, and held at gunpoint?

Christ

Get in bad car accident, survive. Lucky.

Get robbed by 5 gunmen, survive. Lucky.

Just because something bad happened doesn't mean you weren't lucky throughout it.

I'm actually not sure how you possibly made the leap from the line of logic in what was said to how you interpreted it.

FZZ

Banned
Get in bad car accident, survive. Lucky.

Get robbed by 5 gunmen, survive. Lucky.

Just because something bad happened doesn't mean you weren't lucky throughout it.

I'm actually not sure how you possibly made the leap from the line of logic in what was said to how you interpreted it.

Saying someone should be counting their blessings and saying it could have been a lot worse implies a lot more than just luck

I'm fucking done lmao

Ray Wonder

Saying someone should be counting their blessings and saying it could have been a lot worse implies a lot more than just luck

I'm fucking done lmao

Oh, so you're just saying the semantics could be potentially interpreted to mean that the person who posted that is a shitty person who says she's lucky she was robbed(??), or that they're saying she's lucky to be alive. You found that she's lucky to be robbed was the correct route to take on that. lol.

Sorry, I'll leave it be.

Luckily she wasnt raped, 5 guys robbing an attractive woman by herself. Jewelry can be replaced but she wasnt harmed physically...

FZZ

Banned
Oh, so you're just saying the semantics could be potentially interpreted to mean that the person who posted that is a shitty person who says she's lucky she was robbed(??), or that they're saying she's lucky to be alive. You found that she's lucky to be robbed was the correct route to take on that. lol.

Sorry, I'll leave it be.

I meant she was lucky. What did I imply?

A massacre happens 10 people are killed. A person says damn luckily it was only 10 people and not more. It's obvious that any situation could be worse, something more bad could always happen but what's the point in pointing it out?

It just downplays the severity of what did happen because you automatically compare it to something worst.

Why do I have to explain this

Acorn

Horrible, horrible thing to happen to anyone. Just shows how anyone can be in danger at a moments notice even if you're rich enough to have security.

Thoughts go out to them.

Ray Wonder

A massacre happens 10 people are killed. A person says damn luckily it was only 10 people and not more. It's obvious that any situation could be worse, something more bad could always happen but what's the point in pointing it out?

It just downplays the severity of what did happen because you automatically compare it to something worst.

No, if one of the bodyguards was shot then maybe this would make sense.

This is a better analogy to what actually happened: If a massacre were about to occur, yet only 4 people were injured, saying "Lucky no one was killed" would be a perfectly reasonable response.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Kardashian robbery met with suspicion: "I don't think anything in [Kim's] life happens that she hasn't orchestrated"

http://thr.cm/9qU4il

Really

I might be seeing shade where there is none, but I picked up a whiff of this from Selma Hayak's response to this too, when asked by reporters. She said the important thing was that she was safe, but added it was 'strange', with a bit of side-eye...

Like I say though, that just might be my shade-detector being a bit overly sensitive :p

Future

Why would hey even need more publicity. They are surrounded by paparazzi all the time and in the news almost every day. It's not like she's been out of the news or trying to stay relevant or anything.

Plus Kanye leaving a concert.... why would they orhestrate that? To what gain?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This could have been a much uglier situation, bet those IS nutbars would have loved to be the ones to come up with this idea.

that sucks, good it didnt escalate any further but still that;s some messed up experience.

on a side note,
mad respect for Piers Morgan. that was the best Arsenal

Sephzilla

Saying "it could have been worse" doesn't necessarily downplay what actually happened, that's a mental bridge you're forming on your own. What happened to her was genuinely awful but the fact is that her robbers could have done much more disgusting things to her.

entremet

Jesus Christ those are some venomous comments.

"Armenian race traitor whore..."

What the fuck!?!

Why do always have to post these, guys?

YT comments are dumpster fire, no need to give them more attention.

Moreover, we're adults, no need to warn people all the time. We get it, YT comments suck.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This is the most suspicious looking inside job ever.

Expesnive easily disposable items? Check.

Mysteriously absent security guard? Check.

Well dressed smooth criminals? Check.

Giant setup. No idea by whom, but couldn't be more obvious.

I'm assuming someone in her staff or the hotel or whatever. But it's a complex proper movie-level crime. Glad she's OK however.

And yeah, "orchestration" sounds plausible too.

DrSlek

This is the most suspicious looking inside job ever.

Expesnive easily disposable items? Check.

Mysteriously absent security guard? Check.

Well dressed smooth criminals? Check.

Giant setup. No idea by whom, but couldn't be more obvious.

I'm assuming someone in her staff or the hotel or whatever. But it's a complex proper movie-level crime. Glad she's OK however.

And yeah, "orchestration" sounds plausible too.

I wonder if they have a fence that can move $11-14 million worth of jewellery....

I mean call me a conspiracy nutjob but this whole thing sounds like a really obvious PR stunt. Kanye gets informed mid song? Give me a break.

You can tell these two can't stand the idea of falling out of the spotlight for 2 minutes.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
God it's unfathomable. I couldn't believe it when my sister told me but holy shit.

Terrifying. Glad everyone is safe.

Kurdel

Banned
I mean call me a conspiracy nutjob but this whole thing sounds like a really obvious PR stunt. Kanye gets informed mid song? Give me a break.

You can tell these two can't stand the idea of falling out of the spotlight for 2 minutes.

Jesus Christ, no it doesn't you should get yourself checked,

You're a conspiracy nutjob.

His wife was just tied up, gagged, and robbed at gunpoint, did you expect them to wait until after he was done with the song?

BUT DON'T YOU SEE??? Isn't it super suspicious how he "suddenly" gets the news in the middle of a song called "Heartless." And what happens when you divide Heartless? You get Heart and less. He got informed his HEART got hurt and that she had LESS jewelery as a result. It's right in front of you sheeple!!!!!!!

Do I even need to say that its sarcasm?

SecretDan

A mudslide of fun!

Why do it when they are currently under the spotlight?

Dishwalla

Banned
How is being informed of major news during a performance of a song so hard to believe? I mean George Bush was informed of a plane hitting the south tower of the World Trade Center reading a book to kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom