• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West leaves stage in middle of a song citing family emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevenWolf

I'm really glad no one was hurt! Also props to Kanye, it shows he's got his priorities straight.

I hope the people get caught and that nothing like this happens again!

I'm really glad no one was hurt! Also props to Kanye, it shows he's got his priorities straight.

I hope the people get caught and that nothing like this happens again!

Just got back from the show. Everyone was pretty pissed because Kanye started 30 minutes late and just walked off like 30 minutes into it without any explanations. People had been standing for since like 2PM waiting. Wish they gave more details, would've helped defray some emotions.

I was furious when he left the show but knowing what happened I cant be too upset anymore. Happy everyone is safe.

The opening of Kanyes set with the fireworks was fucking lit. Still salty he started 30 mins late but oh well.

RevenWolf

Just got back from the show. Everyone was pretty pissed because Kanye started 30 minutes late and just walked off like 30 minutes into it without any explanations. People had been standing for since like 2PM waiting. Wish they gave more details, would've helped defray some emotions.

Wow yeah I can see how that would be frustrating.

I can't speak for turning up late but I will say that leaving immediately under the circumstances I see no problem with, he has no obligation to divulge family emergency issues, and especially not immediately after finding out imo.

JCX

Kanye is my white whale.

Flew to Governor's Ball to see Kanye, cancelled due to a storm.

Flew back for The Meadows, this crazy freak attack on Kim happens. Glad she's okay

One day I'll finally see a full Yeezy set.

Only 30 minutes? He left us at MSG for about an hour, hour and a half.

Kanye is my white whale.

Flew Governor's Ball to see Kanye, cancelled due to a storm.

Flew back for The Meadows, this crazy freak attack on Kim happens. Glad she's okay

I took the Gov Ball L too. Only time ive seen a full set was in Gov Ball few years ago for yeezus which was amazing.

Only 30 minutes? He left us at MSG for about an hour, hour and a half.

Yeah that sounds rough. To be fair though I'd been standing in the crowd since 2pm and he started his set at 8:45 so it was pretty rough. Water was scarce too, they were handing out bottles at the front and you just had to hope it made it back to you. Felt like a refugee camp lol.

Media

Considering this was so targeted and planned, it's had to be an inside job right? Cause who else would know exactly what room she'd be in and when?

Glad she's okay, that had to be scary.

Considering this was so targeted and planned, it's had to be an inside job right? Cause who else would know exactly what room she'd be in and when?

I'm thinking the same thing, how the heck does this happen if not an inside job of some sort? So many details they would have had to know...

Kathian

Banned
I'm thinking the same thing, how the heck does this happen if not an inside job of some sort? So many details they would have had to know...

Yeah "so many details dot dot dot" - all they'd need is a room number. Which a pap could even get.

Anyways we don't have many details yet or where she was staying.

Room numbers for celebrities aren't that hard to get. If the Erin Andrews case taught us anything, it taught us that.

Edit: Hell, knowing Kim and Kanye, they're not staying in a random room, they're more than likely staying in the most expensive room in the hotel, in which case you don't even need a room number.

JCX

I took the Gov Ball L too. Only time ive seen a full set was in Gov Ball few years ago for yeezus which was amazing.

I almost went to that, but I went to Coachella instead that year. Seeing the Kanye Coachella live stream for MBDTF convinced me to start going to festivals.

robotrock

Banned
Kanye is my white whale.

Flew to Governor's Ball to see Kanye, cancelled due to a storm.

Traveled to see him at Gov Ball this year too. I will say that the experience at the secret show that never happened basically made up for it though.

Was considering seeing him at The Meadows but ended up just going to one of the TLOP shows.

Sevenfold

Not a fan but that must have been scary as fuck. That mountain of a man that's always by her side must be seething!

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
so people dressed up as cops held up KimK?

that's fucking scary shit. I already get nervous for no reason around police. this would fuck me right up.

AxelFoley

He helped show them that there are more meaningful things in life and it's important to value them while you can. Kanye thinks his family is more important than a concert. I agree what's edgy about that?

giphy.gif

If a hotel staffperson saw her come in, and they weren't exactly...on the clean side, then they could've alerted their friends to come and do a job.

That, or it could've been a thief getting lucky and spotting her entourage coming in.

I doubt it was an inside job, if it was then the Kardashians have some vetting to do.

OraleeWey

I mean they were wearing cop uniforms. They could've just walked right to the reception and asked for Kim's room number.

You'd think if she's carrying around "millions of euros" in jewelry she would have better security. I can't say I'm surprised that it happened in Paris though; France seems to be where all the big heists happen.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Apparently it was not at a hotel, but at a private residence she was staying at according to a 'police source':

http://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2016/1003/820976-kim-kardashian-held-at-gunpoint-in-paris-hotel/

That would kind of - perhaps - explain how hotel security might have failed so badly...there was none.

I'm guessing her own security arrangements are going to be significantly altered.

I hope the kids were not around where/while this was happening.

I wonder who ordered this - jewelry like that isn't going to be easily trade-able. I guess they could cut it up/melt it down to make it easier to pass on though.

Holy fuck that's terrible. Glad she's alright. Can't even imagine how it must have felt to go through that, and for him to hear it happened.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man thats messed up.

Edit:
Man some of you are weird as fuck...doesnt really matter what you think of Kim or Ye - a woman and mother of two young children being robbed at gunpoint in a foreign country is horrible,

Also the... "im not a fan, but ..." post - you dont have to be a fan to feel for someone getting robbed.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
More detail:

http://news.sky.com/story/kim-kardashian-held-up-at-gunpoint-in-paris-10603918

Kim Kardashian has been tied up and held at gunpoint in Paris by robbers who stole millions of pounds worth of jewellery.

The five armed, masked men carried out their raid at about 3am local time.

Police said they tied Kardashian up and locked her in the bathroom before escaping on bikes. They remain at large.

The concierge let the robbers into the building near the historic Madeleine Church in the 8th arrondissement, police said.

He then apparently led them to Kardashian's flat at gunpoint after being handcuffed.

A police official said a jewellery box had been taken containing a ring worth four million euros (£3.5m), as well as other valuables worth six million euros (£5.2m).

The building:

54f60a22bf7b38be888050e74af7bff08c28c3fae2eb8587c544315a1af89a54_3800036.jpg

Da-Kid

comple-

why why even say this
I think that situation is unfortunate and I'm glad everyone is alright. But I'll explain this. I'm one of those people that don't always take certain things for how they may appear at times. In the case of the Kardashians, I have a feeling that there's a lot (more) of things that go on with them are staged. It's not like there have not been times they've done, rather specifically Kim has done to remain in the spot light. I just take everything with a grain of salt with them. I'm not saying this was a staged event, I'm just saying the idea crosses my mind and lingers. As in if it was revealed, I wouldn't be caught off guard like some would be. That, and I like a good conspiracy.

Keri

This sounds so scary. I'll admit to watching and loving Keeping up with the Kardashians and finding the whole family and their close relationships, to be very endearing. It sucks hearing that something so terrible happened to one of them.

Also, I wonder if the stolen jewelry even belonged to Kim? Isn't it common for designers to lend very expensive and elaborate pieces to celebrities, during events like fashion week? A ring worth 4 million does not sound like something any individual would own, even Kim Kardashian. But then, I thought in those situations the designers usually provide their own security for the jewelry, so maybe not? Is the security only provided at the event itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom