• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West leaves stage in middle of a song citing family emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
This sounds so scary. I'll admit to watching and loving Keeping up with the Kardashians and finding the whole family and their close relationships, to be very endearing. It sucks hearing that something so terrible happened to one of them.

Also, I wonder if the stolen jewelry even belonged to Kim? Isn't it common for designers to lend very expensive and elaborate pieces to celebrities, during events like fashion week? A ring worth 4 million does not sound like something any individual would own, even Kim Kardashian. But then, I thought in those situations the designers usually provide their own security for the jewelry, so maybe not? Is the security only provided at the event itself?

She's been conspicuously showing off a very large new ring recently (apparently a second engagement ring from Kanye). But I didn't think it was a $4m ring... 1.5m was the figure I saw for it recently. Maybe her wedding ring was worth that, though? Or the first engagement ring?

Only a thread with Kayne in the name could attract this many ridiculous posts....

Anyways, glad Kim is ok...that is horrifying. :(

As much as I really hate what the Kardashians have done to the world, I'm really glad nobody was hurt. This clearly could have ended much, much worse.

N7.Angel

As much as I really hate what the Kardashians have done to the world, I'm really glad nobody was hurt. This clearly could have ended much, much worse.

Dudes were definitely pros, they knew what they were doing, glad Kim is ok and nothing wrong with Kenye leaving the stage, I would have done the same thing.

Please tell us exactly what the Kardashians have done to the world.

Ever heard of global warming? Checkmate, m8.

For real, though, I think Kanye leaving to be with her is such a stand-up thing to do. This kind of shit is traumatic for people, PTSD-causing, and for him to stop a massive concert to fly halfway around the world to comfort her shows a serious understanding and respectability on his part.

Fire the entire security detail, done deal, something like this shouldn't have ever happened. She could've gotten much worse done to her if they weren't just out for money.

Edit: lol@ all the "I'm not a Kim/Kanye fan but..."

E! article:

http://www.eonline.com/news/799237/...exclusive-new-details-on-the-robbery-in-paris

The French Interior Ministry said five men threatened a concierge with a weapon, handcuffed him and forced him to open Kardashian's private apartment. Per Today, the Paris Prosecutor's office confirmed two of the men gained entry to her room. One of Kardashian's rings, worth an estimated $4.49 million, as well as a jewelry box, worth an estimated $5.6 million, were stolen.

A source reveals to E! News Kardashian was gagged and bound at her hands and feet, then handcuffed and held at gunpoint. "She begged for them to let her live and [said] she has babies at home. Then they wrapped her mouth in tape and put her in the bathtub." Scared and alone, Kardashian feared the worst. "She thought they were for sure going to kill her," the source says.

After the men left with "all her jewelry," Kardashian "broke out of her bindings and got out," the source tells E! News. Later, after speaking with Parisian police, the reality star boarded a plane. Kardashian's sister, supermodel Kendall Jenner, left Paris separately Monday.

Can we get a thread title update? Something that includes some reference to:

'Kim Kardashian Bound, Gagged and Held at Gunpoint'

I know I'd drop everything and leave work if there was a family emergency, so good on Kanye for keeping his priorities. I can't imagine being uber famous and knowing that I was constantly in someone's crosshairs for harassment or robbery (as this is clearly the case).

Harmen

Damn, Kanye was absolutely in the right to cancel the concert, everybody in their right mind would do so. Though I often shit on these people for their rather peculiar celeb behaviour, I wish them well, nobody deserves this. Thankfully there doesn't seem to be any real physical harm.

flkraven

Just read up on this now. Incredible story. Hope everyone is well after the ordeal. Kim will be straight up shaken for a long while. That's some traumatic shit to go through.

Also, what the hell do security guards even do?

Monster Zero

Like that some folks gotta make sure GAF knows they are not fans of Kim/Kanye before expressing sympathy. Can't be caught liking either one on the internet

Daffy Duck

He helped show them that there are more meaningful things in life and it's important to value them while you can. Kanye thinks his family is more important than a concert. I agree what's edgy about that?

QFK0gpt.jpg

Prologue

Could have been a lot worse than just theft. Five guys too, all being on the same page and not escalating it to assault, rape or even murder?? I'd say count she should count her blessings.

FZZ

Banned
Could have been a lot worse than just theft. Five guys too, all being not he same page and not escalating it to assault, rape or even murder?? I'd say count she should count her blessings.

Is this post for real?

Are you seriously saying she is lucky for getting robbed, tied up, and held at gunpoint?

Christ

Can't say I'm a Kanye fan but his moves are more than justified. Glad to see he puts family first and all are safe.

Why are people prefacing their posts with things like this?

What does it matter if you are a fan of his or not in a thread like this?

Could have been a lot worse than just theft. Five guys too, all being not he same page and not escalating it to assault, rape or even murder?? I'd say count she should count her blessings.

Yeah...she should totally count her blessings for being robbed and tied up at gunpoint....wut

chefbags

Whoah that’s a crazy story. Reading people make jokes about this she’s still someone’s mother and someone’s wife.

Yeah I went through all that kim kadarshian tag on twitter and it got me to leave real quick.

People just like to make jokes no matter what situation it is. Still a shitty thing to do regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom