• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
enzo_gt said:
The flow on this part of this verse is impeccable. Kanye's lyricism <3
yea, his flow on that song is epic.

but everyone's flow on So Appalled is memorable. :D God I love that song. If you guys get a moment to really look at those lyrics...it's nuts.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dreams-Visions said:
yea, his flow on that song is epic.

but everyone's flow on So Appalled is memorable. :D God I love that song. If you guys get a moment to really look at those lyrics...it's nuts.
Seriously, I didn't know about all those references CyHi made on that song.

So Appalled <3 <3 <3 Instantly one of my favourite Kanye songs and beats ever.

Ashhong

Oozer3993 said:
See Me Now with Big Sean leaked. Sounds just like the version we already have, except for the solid verse from Big Sean.

I didn't like the song when I first heard it, but its growing on me.

Ye should have removed the "Free Weezy though!" line in the background :lol

Tucah

you speak so well
Ashhong said:
Ye should have removed the "Free Weezy though!" line in the background :lol

Kinda surprised he didn't :lol

See Me Now has really grown on me since it was first released, like it a lot now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hated See Me Now at first. One of the Kanye verses is really, really, really good, but he actual song was a chore to listen to. I'll give it another shot.

Ashhong said:
Yup, love how the beat kicks in at that part too

That's the best part of that song for me. When the beat kicks in after Kanye goes off.

I've concluded that the best song on this album is now Dark Fantasy. And the best verses are on So Appalled for me. Pusha T, Jay Z and Prynce go hard on it. No offense to Kanye, but his verse is so meager in comparison.

Bowser

Mikasangelos said:
are the BONUS tracks only available to the iTunes store or they will be included on CD in stores?

I'm fairly certain the new iTunes bonus tracks are going to be released as G.O.O.D. Friday tracks by Kanye (we already got Chain Heavy last week).

Bowser said:
I'm fairly certain the new iTunes bonus tracks are going to be released as G.O.O.D. Friday tracks by Kanye (we already got Chain Heavy last week).

I thought the Chain Heavy that is on iTunes features M.I.A.? Maybe we'll be getting different/old versions as G.O.O.D. Friday tracks.

Oozer3993

The album is out in Germany, Poland, and a few other countries. The only iTunes bonus track is See Me Now. I wouldn't get my hopes up about any of the others suddenly appearing when the album goes on sale elsewhere on Monday.

Ashhong

Oozer3993 said:
The album is out in Germany, Poland, and a few other countries. The only iTunes bonus track is See Me Now. I wouldn't get my hopes up about any of the others suddenly appearing when the album goes on sale elsewhere on Monday.

shut ur face with that logic.

and victoria justice in your avatars? i have lost my respect for you

Swag

Countdown to G.O.O.D Saturday starts!

Hopefully he releases something amazing seeing as how album drops on Monday

hubes

Sebulon3k said:
Countdown to G.O.O.D Saturday starts!

Hopefully he releases something amazing seeing as how album drops on Monday
Considering the quality of all the G.O.O.D Friday tracks thus far, I think we can expect something g.o.o.d.

I wonder if they will release all the GOOD Friday tracks onto a CD and sell it like how they did the Drake Mixtape after his album dropped.

I think what I'ma do to make MBDTF go from a good LP to an AWESOME one: I'm gunna make my own Dark Twisted Fantasy with a collection of tracks from the album and some of the good friday releases. Make it more of a boom-bap album like Yeezy promised.

Songs I'm thinking of including:
Lord Lord Lord
Chain Heavy
Take One for the Team
Looking for Trouble

And from the album:
Dark Fantasy
Power
Monster
So Appalled
Devil in a New Dress
Runaway
Hell of a Life
Lost in the world.

Dunno what order I'm gunna put them in. But yeah, I like this idea.

Pinko Marx said:
I think what I'ma do to make MBDTF go from a good LP to an AWESOME one: I'm gunna make my own Dark Twisted Fantasy with a collection of tracks from the album and some of the good friday releases. Make it more of a boom-bap album like Yeezy promised.

Songs I'm thinking of including:
Lord Lord Lord
Chain Heavy
Take One for the Team
Looking for Trouble

And from the album:
Dark Fantasy
Power
Monster
So Appalled
Devil in a New Dress
Runaway
Hell of a Life
Lost in the world.

Dunno what order I'm gunna put them in. But yeah, I like this idea.

Look I love Mos as much as the next guy but this song is shit don't include it

PBY

Banned
soundscream said:
7:15ish It was Hell of A Life mixed into Dark Fantasy Mixed into the new version of Runaway, made my commute home awesome.
thats awesome, the radio stations where I'm at would most likely never play them :/

peterb0y said:
thats awesome, the radio stations where I'm at would most likely never play them :/

On my way home Funk Master Flex has been playing some Good Friday stuff as well, its been a good month to drive home. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TangMeng said:
LLL is awesome. Way better than Christian Dior Denim Flow.

Her heels set the mood...
SHOTS FIRED.

LLL is the worst Good Friday track. Length makes it sound droning, and that swizz verse is unacceptable no matter what angle you look at it from.

enzo_gt said:
SHOTS FIRED.

LLL is the worst Good Friday track. Length makes it sound droning, and that swizz verse is unacceptable no matter what angle you look at it from.

BU-BU-BU-BU-BU-BUT the beat is so good you just don't notice it!

I've warmed up a bit to the album, but there are some nagging problems during the 2nd half that just don't allow it to reach "God tier" like it has for a lot of people.

- The beat for the rapping portion of Devil In A New Dress is soooo boring. I really don't enjoy it at all. The break down in the middle is great, but the rest is mehhh.

- The 3 minute distorted autotune extension of Runaway is completely unnecessary. I have no problems with a long instrument solo, but this is just repetitive, and 2 minutes too long.

- The Chris Rock skit on Blame Game is too much. Funny the first time, but it's an instant skip every time after that. I'm not a fan of 2+ minute skits in non-storytelling environments (unlike a Masta Ace, or Raekwon skit which REALLY add to the album) so I immediately faded out the skit around 5:35, and replaced it on my iPod.

It's a shame because tracks 1-7 are really solid, then Devil In A New Dress and Runaway come on and totally kill the momentum for FIFTEEN MINUTES before Hell Of A Life picks it back up(and which also doesn't get nearly enough love.)

Hell Of A Life -> Blame game (minus Chris Rock) -> Lost In The World is a strong finish though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom