• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

livestOne

Haven't really been paying attention to this thread (or Kanye for a while) but I have to say, I just previewed each song on itunes, and I think this album is on par with college dropout; classic status for me. I'm liking every song, and that's pretty damn rare for me.

m3k

am listening to this for the second time today after buying it and its good... i think i liked the drake all of the lights better but you can let this play all the way through i think

thanks kanye!

my goodness listening to this on a cd on half decent speakers is so much better than my shotty computer speakers

bass is so good :lol

Ashhong

livestOne said:
Haven't really been paying attention to this thread (or Kanye for a while) but I have to say, I just previewed each song on itunes, and I think this album is on par with college dropout; classic status for me. I'm liking every song, and that's pretty damn rare for me.

I love me some Kanye, but I think the CD is better to some if they just hear the samples. Some people have problem with various pieces added to each song that they wouldnt hear with the samples. Not to say you'll dislike it, but going by the samples this should be classic status for like everyone :D

livestOne said:

This is probably the worst post ever written fyi

Ken Masters said:
One more day

Yeah. One more day. I'm not as hyped as I should be even if I kept away from leaks, etc. I guess it's because I have a long agonizing day of school work/paper work tomorrow that I dread it.

But I guess it would be great to come home at the end of the day to listen to Kanye.

Brinbe

spindashing said:
Yeah. One more day. I'm not as hyped as I should be even if I kept away from leaks, etc. I guess it's because I have a long agonizing day of school work/paper work tomorrow that I dread it.

But I guess it would be great to come home at the end of the day to listen to Kanye.
Yep, same here... But I'm glad that millions more are now finally gonna get their first-time exposure to what we've all (well, those of us who were obsessively waiting every Friday/Saturday) enjoyed for these past few months.

It's pretty rare for me to ever buy an album. There are few albums being put out today that can truly be enjoyed from start to finish, and are actually produced as true albums. I'll withhold my final judgment until hearing the full versions of the tracks (I've been listening to the 2-3 min versions out there).

But just from listening to those (baring the bonus tracks), I have no doubts I will buy the album, and it will be AMAZING!

Ashhong

Where is my GOOD Weekend track Ye?! I was fully expecting an EPIC track to celebrate the CD's release. Maybe thats why hes so tight lipped right now? He's working hard on something great and going to release it at midnight for his album :D

PBY

Banned
Ashhong said:
Where is my GOOD Weekend track Ye?! I was fully expecting an EPIC track to celebrate the CD's release. Maybe thats why hes so tight lipped right now? He's working hard on something great and going to release it at midnight for his album :D
The stan inside of me is hoping for a new track, but I get a feeling Kanye's probably too drunk off his ass celebrating the release to care about putting out new music

Ashhong

peterb0y said:
The stan inside of me is hoping for a new track, but I get a feeling Kanye's probably too drunk off his ass celebrating the release to care about putting out new music

The stan in me doesnt just hope, but believes that he is working on something. I mean...its the weekend before! He could have put out a simple track that he just has sitting in the studio if he didn't really care. I would assume hes got a bunch of crap that will never see the light of day.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
The stan in me doesnt just hope, but believes that he is working on something. I mean...its the weekend before! He could have put out a simple track that he just has sitting in the studio if he didn't really care. I would assume hes got a bunch of crap that will never see the light of day.
The stan in me is telling me that when Ye's even forgot to update his twitter, I think his priorities lie elsewhere rather than with G.O.O.D. Fridays :( Probably not celebrating though, it's a bit early for that and Ye already knows his career is at a sensitive spot.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PhoenixDark said:
He's probably tired of it now that everyone is ripping the idea off.
Crooked I and those who even did it before him are crying in a corner somewhere.
HiResDes said:
He's given enough...Freaking out over him not giving more is ridiculous.
No one's freaking out, dude.

PBY

Banned
Gorilla Zoe is the king of scheduled releases- a mixtape every damn day for a month- that shit was crazy

Ashhong

HiResDes said:

Yea nobody is freaking out dude. Just wondering what's going on. It would be one thing if he told us its not coming. But he did promise one a week until the end of the year so..."he's given enough" isnt really a valid argument.

Anyone else think that Dark Fantasy (track 1) needs a lot more bass? The bass is so weak when it starts off and it never gets any louder.

HiResDes

peterb0y said:
Gorilla Zoe is the king of scheduled releases- a mixtape every damn day for a month- that shit was crazy
Yeah but its Gorilla Zoe...Freeway's Month of Madness was much more impressive quality wise.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
I have a problem with artists releasing too much music, because most of it ends up being trash.
See: 99% of Charles Hamilton's discography. I mean, I respect dude for trying different things, but most of them are failures. Failures other artists usually don't put out because they're concerned about the quality of their work that gets out, like J. Cole. If Charles didn't put out 12 mixtapes in the short amount of time he did, he wouldnt've needed the Best of the Hamiltonization Process or whatever mixtape to pick out the small amount of above average songs into a package. He should have done that himself.

On the flipside, Hip Hop Weekly was crazy. My favourite was his Hero freestyle.

Ashhong

Freestyler said:
Anyone else think that Dark Fantasy (track 1) needs a lot more bass? The bass is so weak when it starts off and it never gets any louder.

Me. I thought it was just me because I love me some bass. Monster though has just the right amount

I guess nobody is making an American Music Awards thread this year. I'm disappointed Ye isnt performing. All of the Lights performance the day before release would have been epic.

PBY

Banned
HiResDes said:
Yeah but its Gorilla Zoe...Freeway's Month of Madness was much more impressive quality wise.
Can't argue with this... BUT Zoe did have this one song that he put out that month that made my hype as fuck. I would wild out to this song during all my pregames for like three months after I first heard it.

IM GOING KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY:lol :lol :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lQ8rsGwMLI

Freestyler said:
it's a little light in the britches.

but it's fine to me. if you'd like ridiculous bass reproduction, I'd recommend a pair of Denon D1100's.

HiResDes said:

9irzgw.jpg

are you saying to leave kanye alone?

Dreams-Visions said:
it's a little light in the britches.

but it's fine to me. if you'd like ridiculous bass reproduction, I'd recommend a pair of Denon D1100's.

I love a good bit of bass. All the other tracks seem fine, I'm just always so underwhelmed when the beat starts after the "Can we get much higher?".

In other news, why is Christian Dior Denim Flow not on the album? It's my favourite of all the Good Friday tracks, and I have impeccable taste so clearly I'm in the right.

Freestyler said:
In other news, why is Christian Dior Denim Flow not on the album? It's my favourite of all the Good Friday tracks, and I have impeccable taste so clearly I'm in the right.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Christian Dior Denim Flow has to be one of my least favorite Good Friday tracks.

DIOR DIOR DIOR, I LOVE THE CUT.

HiResDes said:
no I'm calling you guys freeloaders...

I get where you're coming from, fam. In all honesty, I'm not even hyped for GOOD Friday as I was before -- I'm getting the album tomorrow anyhow.

All I want is Mama's Boyfriend. I don't care about any track and I don't care when it gets out but that track -- oh I will love it to death. :D

spindashing said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Christian Dior Denim Flow has to be one of my least favorite Good Friday tracks.

DIOR DIOR DIOR, I LOVE THE CUT.

You mean Dior, Dior galore, I love the cut?

I've taken out Devil in a New Dress (worst song of 2010) and replaced it with CDDF in my playlist.

HiResDes said:

man shut up. kanye said he gonna give us tracks every friday till the end of the year. we like kanyes music. so yes, we cant wait for good friday tracks.

how are we freeloaders if he is offering it to us for free?

Freestyler said:
You mean Dior, Dior galore, I love the cut?

I've taken out Devil in a New Dress (worst song of 2010) and replaced it with CDDF in my playlist.

man Cudi's lyrics were totally undecipherable anyway. Tomato Tomahto.

....Devil in a New Dress is the worst song of 2010? Come on son ........ I haven't listened to the album version, but the GOOD Friday version was kick ass.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, I've listened to so much of the album, I'm laying off it for a bit, but still picking it up tomorrow mid-day.

And spin, CDDF is awesome, hush. We have all tuned our ears to ignore the CuDi verse at this point. The chorus is great.

HiResDes said:
u mad, bro. I won't go into rage mode, or even be disappointed if there's no track this weekend. It'd just be nice. We've been on Kanye overload for weeks anyways.

HiResDes

enzo_gt said:
u mad, bro.

Naw, not really just joking really.

This guys seems kinda mad tho:

Fixed2BeBroken said:
man shut up. kanye said he gonna give us tracks every friday till the end of the year. we like kanyes music. so yes, we cant wait for good friday tracks.

how are we freeloaders if he is offering it to us for free?

:lol

"lost in the world" and "all of the lights" are amazing, "hell of a life" is getting there for me too

overall i like it, but i dont know where id rank it amongst his albums just yet. will be coppin the album when it drops for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom