• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Freestyler said:
:lol you asshole!

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it…
Oh my god I completely missed this reference :lol

Though real talk I don't know how you're going to make it through 3 weeks. Good luck!

Ashhong

Its been dome. Dont know y kanye aint drop it RT @WordLife565: Yo @Big_Sean where is this #goodfriday track we've been waiting 72 hours for?

http://twitter.com/#!/Big_Sean/status/6545120648237056

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Give us a title or a name, goddamn. I think Ye's catching up on all the sleep he missed out on everyday for the past few weeks :lol

enzo_gt said:
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Though am I the only one who notices a pretty stark fuzz over Rihanna's voice at around 1:27 or so?

the clipping is just horrific at parts, especially during the fantastic finish to "Runaway".

maybe it'll sound better on CD.. guess i'll find out tomorrow. :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What programs do/will you guys use to get the best possible quality rip of the CD?

And how about if I still want it to play on my iPhone 3GS? I'm pretty sure iPhones/iPods don't support FLAC/Lossless formats, yes?

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
What programs do/will you guys use to get the best possible quality rip of the CD?

And how about if I still want it to play on my iPhone 3GS? I'm pretty sure iPhones/iPods don't support FLAC/Lossless formats, yes?

iTunes rips in AIFF and Apple Lossless. I dont know much about it, but I'd assume those would be just fine.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
apple lossles=FLAC (and don't you let those sound snobs tell you otherwise) ;)

Ashhong

I already have 1$ MP3 credit on Amazon for buying the physical CD...do I want to spend 3 dollars more to double dip? :lol

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ashhong said:
I already have 1$ MP3 credit on Amazon for buying the physical CD...do I want to spend 3 dollars more to double dip? :lol
My deluxe edition should get here tomorrow.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
iTunes rips in AIFF and Apple Lossless. I dont know much about it, but I'd assume those would be just fine.
Which of the two is better?

And man if I didn't love physical copies I'd go for that Amazon thing in an instant.

Ashhong

MThanded said:
My deluxe edition should get here tomorrow.

Fuckers at Amazon are getting mine to me on Tuesday. I could have sworn I chose "release date shipping". I messaged them to complain and they have no record of this option.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Ashhong said:

Why would you want inferior quality when the album will be in your hands shortly?

Ashhong

wenis said:
Why would you want inferior quality when the album will be in your hands shortly?

To support Kanye for only 3$! You're right, I don't owe him anything. Give me the real CD amazon!

HiResDes

enzo_gt said:
Which of the two is better?

And man if I didn't love physical copies I'd go for that Amazon thing in an instant.
They are both nearly identical to the files on a physical cd, you won't notice a difference.

"fat muthafucka now look who's in trouble"

the mental imagery of Rick Ross chasing some random person through a jungle makes me laugh for some reason

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
soul creator said:
"fat muthafucka now look who's in trouble"
the mental imagery of Rick Ross chasing some random person through a jungle makes me laugh for some reason
I love that line :D

Talon- said:
I guess I haven't listened to Power in forever.
Those laughs at the end caught me off guard.
I've been listening to Power a lot more recently and its still a really damn good track. I feel bad for leaving it out in the GAF battles of what the best songs on the album are.

jacobs34

Just picked this up, accidentally downloaded the edited version first, so I guess Kanye get's my money twice. Sounds great!

Oozer3993

enzo_gt said:
Give us a title or a name, goddamn. I think Ye's catching up on all the sleep he missed out on everyday for the past few weeks :lol

Woopty Doo (ft. Big Sean & CyHi)

enzo_gt said:

The iPhone 3GS can play Apple Lossless, so if you have the room on your phone for it, it's a good option.

Target looks to be the best brick and mortar place to pick up the physical copy. Normal is $8.99 and the deluxe is $13.99 I'll be buying a copy of the Deluxe first thing in the morning.

P.S. HOLY SHIT. Pitchfork gave the album a perfect 10.

JCX said:
"So Appalled" is my favorite track. This album is fire.
that song demands you read the lyrics as you listen. for full appreciation to be had.

it's easily the best song on the album. *everyone* brought their A-Game.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dreams-Visions said:
^ I'd buy the deluxe copy if it included more than the Runaway DVD as an extra. :-/

so what was the fifth album art cover? I assume those of you who bought it should know? I assume all 5 are embedded into the mp3's?

No , if you want the album covers you have to buy the album.

MThanded said:
No , if you want the album covers you have to buy the album.
wait, what? oh, you mean the physical disc? because you just bought the album.

I meant digital copies of the album covers, like we have on the first page of this thread. All of which can be added to your mp3's as album art by dragging them all onto the artwork square in iTunes. I would have assumed if there were multiple covers, they would have all been attached to the mp3's. oh well. I'm sure that last one will surface at some point today or tomorrow.

HiResDes

GremlinFool said:
Honestly though, Merriweather Post Pavilion and Sound of Silver are two recent albums that deserved a 10 far more than this album.
Don't even start bitching about Pitchfork reviews, it's such a waste of time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dreams-Visions said:
boooooooooooooo

I thought the only difference was the extra DVD.

or are you referring to the iTunes Deluxe Edition?
The Deluxe edition's physical copy is the only one that comes with physically interchangeable artwork.

Digital versions? I have no idea, but it's not very hard to swap out jpegs.

And why is Pitchfork held so high exactly? I always thought it was just some sort of hip establishment to attach yourself to online.

enzo_gt said:
The Deluxe edition's physical copy is the only one that comes with physically interchangeable artwork.

Digital versions? I have no idea, but it's not very hard to swap out jpegs.
yea, the digital versions were what I was referring to. and I was surprised that the mp3's Amazon is selling doesn't just have all of the jpeg's built into the MP3's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom