• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oozer3993 said:
It's on today and he shows a clip from Runaway.

P.S. Kanye mentioned in an interview with MTV last night that there are 5 covers and you get them all with the album. He was also asked what G.O.O.D. Fridays songs were on the album and said Devil in a New Dress and Monster were on it.
Fuck, you can just SEE the sleep deprivation in him.

RJT

From the suicide thread:
The producer-turned-rapper said that after "Fantasy" — recorded in Hawaii with the likes of Q-Tip, DJ Premier, RZA and Pete Rock — he will release an album of songs with Jay-Z and another with Lupe Fiasco and Pharrell Williams under the name Child Rebel Soldiers.

Can a paragraph be any awesomer? :D :D :D :D :D

Oozer3993

Sebulon3k said:
Kanye too good for Oprah but rubbing shoulders with Ellen :lol

He's been on Oprah. He was on back in 2005 to promote Late Registration. He performed Hey Mama with his mother on stage.

Swag

Oozer3993 said:
He's been on Oprah. He was on back in 2005 to promote Late Registration. He performed Hey Mama with his mother on stage.

He was, but refused Oprah recently. In various lyrics he's said cause Jay told him to keep his mouth shut.

monster said:
Fucking up my money so yeah I had to act sane

Don't Stop said:
I'm so ultra I'm even over Oprah
but let me check your account, haha no sir

Deuces Remix said:
Jay finally got it through my head not to run my mouth
so when you talk bout "you know who" I don't know who you talkin' bout

News Article

I found it funny

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
Probably doesn't want to be pressed to answer BS questions or put in an awkward situation by Oprah.

Also, Don't Stop was recorded way back in Graduation days.

Full Kanye West episode on Ellen. Watch it before it's taken off YT.

Yea Lupe said that he did his verse way back when they did Us Placers, when the idea first came. They were trying to find their sound. He said Kanye's verse might be new, he doesn't know.

Swag

8zfdpc.jpg

He mad :lol

Ashhong

Knux-Future said:
Now we won't get G.O.O.D friday....thanks Leakers....

because he deprived us of G.O.O.D Friday last time...oh wait!

oh yea, this is super early. reminds me of the Coldest Winter leaks with his placeholder lyrics. He's just humming in the chorus. Beats pretty nice thogh

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I need to ask because I'm not as versed in Ye as I should be, but why does he always bring up Ma$e in his rhymes? :lol I'm going through the catalog right now and I swear I hear a reference about every 30min.

yencid

wenis said:
I need to ask because I'm not as versed in Ye as I should be, but why does he always bring up Ma$e in his rhymes? :lol I'm going through the catalog right now and I swear I hear a reference about every 30min.
When he talks about it is he also talking about religion or dropping out of the game?

Ashhong

wenis said:

What tracks? I cant recall and Ma$e references off the top of my head

nyprimus2

The wikipedia page for the album says that Madlib, Pete Rock, DJ Premier, and RZA are producers. Are any of the songs they are producing/co-producing on confirmed besides RZA doing Dark Fantasy? Madlib says he made 5 beats for Kanye. /soexcited

Ashhong

nyprimus2 said:
The wikipedia page for the album says that Madlib, Pete Rock, DJ Premier, and RZA are producers. Are any of the songs they are producing/co-producing on confirmed besides RZA doing Dark Fantasy? Madlib says he made 5 beats for Kanye. /soexcited

All of those were confirmed by Kanye at one point or another. The question is if the tracks made the cut to be on the album though. He's talked alot about the songs hes done with Pete Rock though, so I would expect that, as well as Madlib.

nyprimus2

Ashhong said:
All of those were confirmed by Kanye at one point or another. The question is if the tracks made the cut to be on the album though. He's talked alot about the songs hes done with Pete Rock though, so I would expect that, as well as Madlib.
Yeah. Madlib doesn't make 5 beats for you and then you don't put any of them in the final product.

Swag

enzo_gt said:
Even at this point, I'm not liking the rough mixes. Not feeling this track at all..

http://www.crackbookmixtapes.com/20...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Cool beat, CRACK MIXTAPE DOT COM

wenis said:

A lot of rappers use Ma$e as a joke line to refer to leaving the rap / Hip Hop game when your popular, Ma$e did just this. Can't remember any lines from Kanye off the top of my head which reference this, but Jay Z has used it before as well.

It's similar to rappers using MC Hammer as a joke about not knowing how to manage money

Jay Z said:
The hammer went and broke so you know I'm more focused
I lost 30 mill so spent another 30
Cause unlike hammer 30 million can't hurt me

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've gotta say, I've been paying attention to all those Ma$e references too recently :lol Its just funny hearing Ma$e get dogged. I find it akin to Eminem & Christopher Reeves, though I don't really understand why either dog on these guys.

They say I was the abomination of Obama's nation, well that's a pretty bad way to start a conversation.

>_< Kanye, you have a killer album in your hands don't you...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Sebulon3k said:
A lot of rappers use Ma$e as a joke line to refer to leaving the rap / Hip Hop game when your popular, Ma$e did just this. Can't remember any lines from Kanye off the top of my head which reference this, but Jay Z has used it before as well.

don't leave while you're hot that's how Ma$e screwed up
throwin shit around our whole place screwed up
maybe i should call Ma$e so he can pray for us
:lol

jon bones said:
don't leave while you're hot that's how Ma$e screwed up
throwin shit around our whole place screwed up
maybe i should call Ma$e so he can pray for us

If you could feel how my face felt, you would know how Ma$e felt.

Thank God I ain't to cool for the safe belt.

- Through the Wire

Actually...that could be "mace" instead of Ma$e. I always thought it was the latter. :lol

Luixfern said:
Not sure if serious, but he is referring to Ma$e after Ghostface punched him and broke his jaw.

The line could be interpreted as knowing the feeling of how mace is when you get sprayed with it.
But I'm sure yours is the right one.

Sebulon3k said:

Had no clue

btw new DTF cover, so boring.

http://youraudiofix.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/kanye-west-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
but you get all 5 covers with your purchase! lol

so stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom