• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equus Bellator Apex

PhoenixDark said:
Of course he's not a lyricist, he doesn't write his lyrics.

PhoenixDark said:
That's true, he has a great ear for samples. But for someone who has relied on ghost producers and writers his entire career, it's really hard for me to take him seriously after all the smug bullshit he says. At least Dr Dre made some cool shit before having ghost producers do his shit.

Fuck. You.

I wanted to leave. I really did.

I knew lurking through this thread was a bad idea because there just had to be somthing I had to somthing I had to comment on. Somthing that would make me come back.

You don't like Kanye West we get that.

Whatever he did to fuel your irrational hate doesn't give you the excuse to repeat the same tired bullshit in every thread you inhabit.

I'm not saying this as a Kanye fanboy.

I'm saying this as a person who is just really tired of people spreading rumors around like they are facts.

Equus Bellator Apex said:
Fuck. You.

I knew lurking through this thread was a bad idea because there just had to be somthing I had to somthing I had to comment on. Somthing that would make me come back.

Whatever he did to fuel your irrational hate doesn't give you the excuse to repeat the same tired bullshit in every thread you inhabit.

I'm saying this as a person who is just really tired of people spreading rumors around like they are facts.
you go girl,

edit - considering kanye's tired looking face in that recent interview, i think he's doing tons of work and it's obviously not a ghost producer or writer or whatever... some people just hate

RJT

I'm pretty sure Kanye has help from his crew with the lyrics, but aren't they usually credited? And I'm pretty sure production help is always credited. In fact, didn't GLC receive a Grammy for co-writing Jesus Walks?

Ashhong

RJT said:
I'm pretty sure Kanye has help from his crew with the lyrics, but aren't they usually credited? And I'm pretty sure production help is always credited. In fact, didn't GLC receive a Grammy for co-writing Jesus Walks?

Yea but theres still a lot of controversy and rumors about that song and alot of his other songs in general. Who cares though, dude puts out good music.

Edit: and its GOOD Friday today! and tomorrows RUNAWAY premiere! WOOO

RJT

Ashhong said:
Yea but theres still a lot of controversy and rumors about that song and alot of his other songs in general. Who cares though, dude puts out good music.

Edit: and its GOOD Friday today! and tomorrows RUNAWAY premiere! WOOO
Yeah definitely. I think of Kanye as a brilliant director. Yeah, sure, he needs good actors, writers, whatever. But he bring the best out of all people and everything feels organic.

About Runaway, I won't be able to see the premiere (Europe), but I hope it gets released with the album here too.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Fuck. You.

he's PD

he hates fun

Happy G.O.O.D. Friday, bitcheesss!!

Cannot wait for tomorrow. I will be here going crazy like a young teen in front of glorious boobs!

the last good friday track (Take one for the team) was mixed atrociously, the bass sounding terrible, could barely make out the lyrics, you have to force yourself to get through it

Brinbe

Ken Masters said:
the last good friday track (Take one for the team) was mixed atrociously, the bass sounding terrible, could barely make out the lyrics, you have to force yourself to get through it
Surprised he didn't release a cleaner mix a few days after like he did with other tracks (perhaps he did and I didn't know?) because like his other releases, it really grew on me after a couple of listens. Damn shame there, if he didn't.

Anyway, fiendin for today's track already. Bring it on, Ye!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dartastic said:
Probably old news for Kanye GAF, but yeah. Lloyd Banks w/Kanye, Fabolous, and Swizz Beatz.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/12016-start-it-up/
Kanye spazzes on this one, Fab takes the cake though, but yeah posted.

Ye talks Swiftgate
• “I said on 'Don't Stop,' 'Niggas is hating on the Internet, I couldn't tell / I was busy rapping, good as hell.' And there was a blog on HypeBeast, it said “What, come on, you see us, Kanye ... stop wearing women's accessories!” (For the record, this is the second time in this Vulture blogger's blogging career that he's attended a Kanye event where Kanye has denigrated bloggers).

• Regarding the Taylor Swift incident: “My whole career crashed about me one day. And I was doing something to help, after years and years and years of watching it happen. I didn't want to let them say that the aliens built the pyramids, you know? And the next day I'm hearing 'Die, nigger, die, I hope you never sell another record.'” Also: “My mother passed. Everything was taken from me. I lost the tour, lost my clothing line, left America altogether. But they didn't realize that they fucked up. When everybody hates you, you don't have to do shit to make them happy. I was like, I just want to hear a RZA beat, a Pete Rock beat, a Q-Tip beat … that proper hip-hop, punk-rock 'I don't give a fuck.'"

• He says he and Jay-Z are going to finish their collaborative Watch the Throne album at the end of the month. Also, he did five tracks with Swizz Beatz and Mos Def, although there were no plans announced to release those. And Swizz's “Lord Lord Lord” verse (“all white Bentley, I call that mama / my life crazy, like Obama's”) is his favorite GOOD Friday verse.

Damn. R.I.P. Pastelle for the 39th time. Also, more Trent Reznor & Thom Yorke references :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
DominoKid said:
why the fuck does Kanye like Swizz's LLL verse?
Especially since it is just about the worst lyric of all the tracks.

I think he's moved on to trolling his own fans now, the hell is this.

hubes

DominoKid said:
why the fuck does Kanye like Swizz's LLL verse?
swizz has to have some dirt on kanye.... there's just no way anybody in the world could like his verse. either that or kanye IS alicia keys.

Fuck. You.

Whatever, believe what you want. It is a fact that Kanye doesn't write his own lyrics most of the time; he admitted as much on Diamonds, and Consequence, GLC, and others write his shit. It is also a fact that he has had many ghost producers in the past, such as DJ Babu and Evidence on his first album.

I think his first two albums are great. I'm merely expressing my views in a thread about his next album.

My brother just sent me the boxden link with a wtf underneath it. I come to GAF to see if you guys have already proven it fake and this is what I find. :lol

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
My brother just sent me the boxden link with a wtf underneath it. I come to GAF to see if you guys have already proven it fake and this is what I find. :lol

I bet someone on GAF planted that rumor in the blogspot. Bet money on it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PhoenixDark said:
Whatever, believe what you want. It is a fact that Kanye doesn't write his own lyrics most of the time; he admitted as much on Diamonds, and Consequence, GLC, and others write his shit. It is also a fact that he has had many ghost producers in the past, such as DJ Babu and Evidence on his first album.

I think his first two albums are great. I'm merely expressing my views in a thread about his next album.
Its a fact that he has gotten help writing his rhymes. It's not a fact that he doesn't write his own lyrics all the time, off the basis of a few tracks. We know he did it in the past, but what's your basis for saying he does this all the time, especially with all the features hes done in the past few years with a style that doesn't sound remotely like the GLC or Cons style from TCD/LR era.

Pinko Marx said:
Double post but who wants to bets that none of his album covers will feature the bear?
I really, really want one to, but I doubt it.

enzo_gt said:
Its a fact that he has gotten help writing his rhymes. It's not a fact that he doesn't write his own lyrics all the time, off the basis of a few tracks. We know he did it in the past, but what's your basis for saying he does this all the time, especially with all the features hes done in the past few years with a style that doesn't sound remotely like the GLC or Cons style from TCD/LR era.

Not to defend his position but Ghostwriters are usually good about hiding their style in the verses they ghostwrite. At least, the good ones are. Its still very possible the Cons or GLC ghostwrite for Kanye, but I doubt it.

Parts

Pinko Marx said:
Not to defend his position but Ghostwriters are usually good about hiding their style in the verses they ghostwrite. At least, the good ones are. Its still very possible the Cons or GLC ghostwrite for Kanye, but I doubt it.
You could say the same thing about ANY artist in the industry today with maybe a dozen exceptions ay most. If you don't have any evidence that this has been happening then it's pure bullshit and you really need to stop spreading this.

Swag

spindashing said:
Should there be a thread made for the Runaway movie tomorrow? If so, I call that shit. :D

Expect lots of

"Kanye is a douche"

"This is so un artistic"

Best to just keep it in here, those that care already know about it

Sebulon3k said:
Expect lots of

"Kanye is a douche"

"This is so un artistic"

Best to just keep it in here, those that care already know about it
True, but I'd imagine it could bring new fans after hearing some of the tracks in the movie. Then again, we'll also have "another kanye thread?" comments. Ah, well. I can't wait. :D

I need to pre-order My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy...

Dartastic

Yeah. Tomorrow we're finally gonna get to hear "All of the Lights." HYPEEEEEEE :D
Himuro said:
So, I gave 808 and Heartbreak a shot due to all the recent 'Ye talk. I didn't llisten to it before, but his singles off the album (that I heart at least) weren't my thing at the time.

But after listening to it, I'd say it's probably his best album. What the fuck. It shits all over Graduation and it sounds so fresh for a hip hop record.
It's my favorite also. I think the entire thing is spectacular, from start to finish. I can't believe that people shit on it.

yencid

Himuro said:
Okay, 'Ye. I tend to not like hip hop much these days but I'm willing to give you another chance.
cmon_son.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom