• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WanderingWind said:
The Black Eyed Peas went diamond? Really?

Holy shit. It's much worse. That one record sold 40.5 million worldwide. It sold 13 million in France alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_E.N.D.#Commercial
"Platinum" and "Diamond" certifications are different worldwide. Platinum in US =/= Platinum in Canada, for example.

I refuse to believe it sold 40.5 million worldwide, or else the world would fucking collapse on itself.

EDIT:
Nabs said:
wait up. that fergie shit was bullshit, right?
http://atrilli.net/?p=2345

Cut yourself now.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
enzo_gt said:
"Platinum" and "Diamond" certifications are different worldwide. Platinum in US =/= Platinum in Canada, for example.

I refuse to believe it sold 40.5 million worldwide, or else the world would fucking collapse on itself.

EDIT:

Cut yourself now.

Oh, thank god. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_music_recording_certifications

Unless my math is off, it's around 12 million. But, I did it in my head and I've had more than a little to drink, so...

Nabs

enzo_gt said:

EDIT:

Cut yourself now.

wait what. ...

first off, what did he do to the beat? i had the "snippet" on loop for days. the song is great with ye alone... fucking great. i had problems with drake jumping on and adding absolutely nothing to the theme and song in general, but fergie? wow. i'm just gonna wait until the final tracklisting and song is released. i'm guessing this song shouldn't be too far away.

Nabs said:
wait what. ...

first off, what did he do to the beat? i had the "snippet" on loop for days. the song is great with ye alone... fucking great. i had problems with drake jumping on and adding absolutely nothing to the theme and song in general, but fergie? wow. i'm just gonna wait until the final tracklisting and song is released. i'm guessing this song shouldn't be too far away.

maybe the beat changes later on. I seriously -- SERIOUSLY hope that Fergie did NOT make the cut. Give me Drake who sounded like Kanye and Lil' Wayne put together. Or do it alone, Kanye. You don't need Fergie for that track. =(

I knew All of the Lights was too good to be true. The beat was too good. There had to be something bad about it. :lol

Parts

Freestyler said:
So there's a rumour going around about naked Yeezy photos.

Anyone got 'em? Seen 'em?
2rmtbar.gif

Nabs said:
:lol @ the banned cover (nsfw?)
http://twitter.com/#!/kanyewest/status/27679719298

.................what the fuck. :lol :lol :lol Not what I expected at all. Kanye you're a grimey assed dude. It's art but damn. Kanye looks sort ... of like an evil graduation bear maybe.

lol @ red nipple.

Ashhong

Shit, I think Kanye was serious about that haha. I kind of figured he just threw that out there as a joke but :lol He couldn't have believed that that would make it on the shelves could he? lol

Nabs

@kanyewest Kanye West
I know that cover just blew yall minds ... I wish yall could see how hard I'm smiling right now!!!

AvidNobody said:
Cover is actually really cool to me. A shame he will have to ditch it in the U.S. This album...

It is actually cool. It fits the whole artistic theme he's been trying to convey through the album and its art. Not sure what the imagery means with him ... fucking a ... phoenix but there's a college paper written in that somewhere. :lol :lol :lol

Yeah, this album is going to cause heads to explode.

edit: Kanye's face on that cover would make the perfect avatar. :lol But I am too proud to let go of Viewtiful Joe for it.

Swag

:lol :lol

Fucken Kanye

I'd rock that head as an avatar, but I like mine too much.

Hilarious tweet responses

musicexposed said:
musicexposed less than a minute ago
MOTHERFUCKING DEVIL WORSHIPPER KANYE.

FUCK YOUR ILLUMINATI TRIANGLE RINGS, and necklaces.

FUCK YOU kanye for the disgusting devil bullship satan you put out.

Just die and you'll burn in hell forever.

Ashhong

Kanye West
In all honesty ... I really don't be thinking about Wal-Mart when I make my music or album covers #Kanyeshrug!

I wanna sell albums but not at the expense of my true creativity

lmao @ #kanyeshrug :lol

Tokubetsu

Cover is dope. Love it! I'm glad he's sticking with these paintings. Just hope I can still get that cover from amazon.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
Kanye West
In all honesty ... I really don't be thinking about Wal-Mart when I make my music or album covers #Kanyeshrug!

I wanna sell albums but not at the expense of my true creativity

lmao @ #kanyeshrug :lol
:lol :lol :lol

That cover art is joooooooookes :lol :lol

Byakuya769 said:
Just saw banned album cover. I'm all for creativity and originality, but that's just unpleasant, childish and unreasonable.

it's just for shock value, he knew damn well it never had a chance of making it in the US

LCfiner

I don’t care what cover the album gets in stores. Once it’s ripped to my iTunes library, this cover is the one it’s getting.

so nutty.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Byakuya769 said:
Just saw banned album cover. I'm all for creativity and originality, but that's just unpleasant, childish and unreasonable.

why?

wenis said:

Unpleasant - because it's ugly and grotesque

Childish - made for shock value, and just another way to have himself pictured with a naked white body

Unreasonable - just because I think this sounded funny as a clencher to my statement

Oozer3993

Ken Masters said:
why is this album coming out on a monday?

It's routine these days for albums that come out Thanksgiving Day week to be released on Monday instead of Tuesday. I think it's to make up for the lost day of sales.

Byakuya769 said:

My thoughts exactly.

Kanye posted a video of the artist, George Condo, in the studio "right now" finishing a painting. Hopefully that's the actual cover. I like it a lot better.

Ashhong

dagZ said:
friend sent it to me. I texted him to see where he got it.

edit : http://pushthemovement.tumblr.com/

I guess that tumblr so it could just be fan-made.

There was someone on Twitter that said the album art would come out soon with Nicki Minaj's. Assuming Kanye's banned one wasnt it, this could be it. I can't find whos twitter it was though.

Oozer3993 said:
Kanye posted a video of the artist, George Condo, in the studio "right now" finishing a painting. Hopefully that's the actual cover. I like it a lot better.

Isn't that basically the Runaway cover?

kanyewest Kanye West
So Nirvana can have a naked human being on they cover but I can't have a PAINTING of a monster with no arms and a polka dot tail and wings

:lol It sounds so crazy when you describe it haha

dude

dude
Not that big of a Kanye fan (I kind liked his last album though), but that banned cover art is amazing, Suddenly I respect him a lot more. Too bad it's banned though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom