• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

wenis said:
I need to ask because I'm not as versed in Ye as I should be, but why does he always bring up Ma$e in his rhymes? :lol I'm going through the catalog right now and I swear I hear a reference about every 30min.
he used to be a really big mase fan. he may have even produced some songs for him when he was ghosting for d-dot. i don't know the history that well.

his older shit had a lot of mase-like adlibs, and he even jacked a few lines here and there.

yencid said:
34edd0k.jpg
Holy shit :lol :lol :lol :lol

Nabs

wenis said:
That explains a few things then about the Ma$e lines :lol
dude even jacked the "I'm the newest member of the roc-a-fella team, and I'mma make Dame and Hov mad more cream..." from mase :lol

Swag

Error said:
Hell of a Life is also part of MBDTF?

I'd assume so.

I'm hoping that, Kanye releases MBDTF as a double disc album, Blueprint 2 style.

No chance in hell of it happening though :(

Swag

Fun game

Go to Kanye's twitter, and read the lyrics people responded with. See if you can guess the song it comes from, no Google cheating.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
The first cover actually made sense, this one, however, does not.

If he can't use the original cover then he should just use something new entirely.

I still don't see why the first cover was unapproved for distribution.

yencid

:lol :lol

print screened in case they take it off. Tweeted it to kanye. Hope he shows it to the world! :lol

i love you Gaf xD

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sebulon3k said:
Fun game

Go to Kanye's twitter, and read the lyrics people responded with. See if you can guess the song it comes from, no Google cheating.
I skimmed over them and recognized nearly every one :lol Most are from singles anyways though.

With those interviews, theres a bit of that "Kanye is trying to be god" persona going on that people love to hate, but I really don't have a problem seeing him more passionate than arrogant about progressing or experimenting with his art form. He's one of the few in hip-hop to push boundaries, and the hate is pretty much expected when your continually trying to expand your horizons.

I know a dude who thinks LR is godlike but can't listen to College Dropout at all. Different strokes I guess.

Edit:
yencid said:
oh my fucking god...

http://www.thacartercartel.com/2010/10/kanye-west-my-beautiful-dark-twisted_2498.html

god i love the internet! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IM IN TEARS. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

yencid

if i get a tag for this i want it to be this from the comments over there

"Kanye's a troll"

this goes to prove that people will praise anything as long as they think its kanye.

yencid

"homie shutup. But yeah the covers wack but kanye did it to cause controversy like whats hapnin"

some people really cant see it! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom