• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like 808s a lot. A lot less name dropping, product placing, random cursing, and things that typically annoy me about Kanye.
About half of it is a good record though. Lacks variety and all that.

I love Power, Runaway, and Lost In The World but really don't like everything else I've heard.

Ashhong

Sebulon3k said:
Expect lots of

"Kanye is a douche"

"This is so un artistic"

Best to just keep it in here, those that care already know about it

I was thinking the same thing. Don't need the stupid GAF hate. Although, I guarantee some random person will make it with negative intentions.

Pinko Marx said:
I thought that was how the song went.

Well, I'm no expert and you could be right. But to me it sounds like hes just humming placeholder words. Also, all of these leaks have been rough cuts, unless thats the GOOD Friday song today, I doubt its the final.

He should release All of the Lights today since its going to be in the movie tomorrow. Oh, is anyone going to rip the movie in HD? It's legal right? I mean..its going to be online...

yencid

Ashhong said:
I was thinking the same thing. Don't need the stupid GAF hate. Although, I guarantee some random person will make it with negative intentions.
Thats true, might as well let the fan make it before the haters do.

Tracklist Via iTunes

1. Dark Fantasy
2. Gorgeous (feat. Kid Cudi & Raekwon)
3. Power
4. All of the Lights
5. Monster (feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj, & Bon Iver)
6. So Appalled (feat. Pusha T, Cyhi the Prynce, RZA, & Pusha T)
7. Devil in a New Dress
8. Runaway (feat. Pusha T)
9. Hell of a Life
10. Blame Game (feat. Pusha T & John Legend)
11. Lost in the World
12. See Me Now

Swag

GoodMorning said:
Tracklist Via iTunes

1. Dark Fantasy
3. Power
4. All of the Lights

7. Devil in a New Dress

9. Hell of a Life
11. Lost in the World
12. See Me Now

This can't be real life

GoodMorning said:
Tracklist Via iTunes

1. Dark Fantasy
3. Power
4. All of the Lights
7. Devil in a New Dress
9. Hell of a Life
11. Lost in the World
12. See Me Now

Hmm...

yencid

GoodMorning said:
Tracklist Via iTunes

1. Dark Fantasy
3. Power
4. All of the Lights
7. Devil in a New Dress
9. Hell of a Life
11. Lost in the World
12. See Me Now
cmon_son.jpg

Swag

Only 4 songs I haven't heard already, didn't he say there were only going to be 2-3 G.O.O.D songs on it?

Monster, So Appalled, and Devil in a New Dress.

Wtf Kanye, I already own 42% of the album

PBY

Banned
GoodMorning said:
Tracklist Via iTunes

1. Dark Fantasy
3. Power
4. All of the Lights
7. Devil in a New Dress
9. Hell of a Life
11. Lost in the World
12. See Me Now
if this is real... so disappointing, that would only mean 3 songs that i haven't heard yet..

Dartastic

peterb0y said:
if this is real... so disappointing, that would only mean 3 songs that i haven't heard yet..
Totally agreed. That's kinda BS. It's like he's already released half the album for free. Boooooo.

Dartastic

yencid said:
should that be a boo or a yay tho?
No, it's definitely a boo. I want new tracks. It's cool that he's been doing Good Friday and all, but... I'd much rather have stuff held back. I don't wanna buy an album that I've gotten half of for free.
Edit - OWN half of for free.

Beezy

GoodMorning said:
3. Power
7. Devil in a New Dress
12. See Me Now

So I already half of the album through legit means thanks to singles and good friday? Thank god I didn't listen to the leaks. :(

pusha T on 3 tracks? lol hes awesome but that seems a little excessive

i still havent listened to a single track from this album.. gonna keep it that way (until it drops)

Ashhong

GoodMorning said:
Tracklist Via iTunes

1. Dark Fantasy
3. Power
4. All of the Lights
7. Devil in a New Dress
9. Hell of a Life
11. Lost in the World
12. See Me Now

Fuck.

Swag

Well I guess we'll know how real that track list is tomorrow night when the Runaway film airs

Please don't disappoint me Kanye

Ashhong

Buckethead said:
It won't be subject to change if it's on iTunes.

Never in all of my years have I seen one on iTunes and it later be changed.

How many albums on iTunes have you seen exactly? :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I ain't even mad. With those songs, the album quality already shits on most albums released this year. And I'd say that's worth my 15$. And he's still giving us tracks all the way up till the end of the year for Good Fridays no? I'm just happy to be a fan of hip hop at this time.

Holy shit, I'm glad that I stayed far away from leaks. Remember that Kanye is changing tracks around like the ones he released for G.O.O.D. Friday. I expect Devil in a New Dress to have differences, for example.

And hey, I see no Soulja Boy as a feature. Also, Raekwon and...Cudi featured on the same track wtf. :lol

Glad Pusha T's getting a lot of exposure. His eventual solo album (Damn, Malice where you at...?) will be sick.

Also yeah where the fuck are Chain Heavy and Mama's Boyfriend?! Those things sounded dope when he was in Facebook HQ. They'll probably be given through G.O.O.D. Friday but still..... ._.

Ah well. Still going to preorder. Already ordered the Deluxe Edition for Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager.

PBY

Banned
enzo_gt said:
I ain't even mad. With those songs, the album quality already shits on most albums released this year. And I'd say that's worth my 15$. And he's still giving us tracks all the way up till the end of the year for Good Fridays no? I'm just happy to be a fan of hip hop at this time.
dude you cant be serious... you'd pay 15 bucks for 5 "new" songs?

Swag

spindashing said:
Holy shit, I'm glad that I stayed far away from leaks. Remember that Kanye is changing tracks around like the ones he released for G.O.O.D. Friday. I expect Devil in a New Dress to have differences, for example.

And hey, I see no Soulja Boy as a feature. Also, Raekwon and...Cudi featured on the same track wtf. :lol

Thought he was just getting a producer spot, not necessarily a feature.

Monster, So Appalled are perfect as is, don't touch that shit Kanye!

Nabs

Buckethead said:

itunes is very legit, but they change all the time. especially def jam lps.

Ashhong

15$? 808s was 9.99 at release, I expect the same with this. I like how All of the Lights doesnt have the feature list :lol

Sebulon3k said:
Thought he was just getting a producer spot, not necessarily a feature.

Monster, So Appalled are perfect as is, don't touch that shit Kanye!

I think the rumor is hes a feature...but we all hope its producer credit

Buckethead said:

Graduation had skits and shit when it was first listed on iTunes for pre-order

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If that really is the tracklist count me out on this one. Half of the tracks are good friday songs, and I have yet to be truly impressed by any of those. Thanks Kanye, I'll see you next album.

Ashhong

siddx said:
If that really is the tracklist count me out on this one. Half of the tracks are good friday songs, and I have yet to be truly impressed by any of those. Thanks Kanye, I'll see you next album.

Hopefully the early rumors were true and that he scrapped his original album concept after the positive reception to Power. If that's true, this could be the older tracklisting, which would explain why the GOOD Friday songs are on it.

peterb0y said:
I dont have that kind of self control :lol

And so instead you blame Kanye for giving us the tracks :lol

enzo_gt said:
Ye said no skits on this album. If he did skits it would've been called Good Ass Job.

GM is just saying that itunes tracklisting are subject to change.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GoodMorning said:
Graduation had skits and shit when it was first listed on iTunes for pre-order
Ye said no skits on this album. If he did skits it would've been called Good Ass Job.

So appalled deserve a video even though it's in runaway. I'm happy the best of the good Friday tracks made the album though, will definitely get them more exposure.

Kanye wouldn't do something like release a good amount of songs on his album for free prior to the release. I don't know, now that I think about it, it's kind of fishy. Did Kanye even comment that he was actually 100% finished with the album through twitter/etc? Last I heard, he's still working on it...

Ashhong

spindashing said:
Kanye wouldn't do something like release a good amount of songs on his album for free prior to the release. I don't know, now that I think about it, it's kind of fishy. Did Kanye even comment that he was actually 100% finished with the album through twitter/etc? Last I heard, he's still working on it...

On twitter he posted that he was putting the finishing touches and that it was due a few days ago. I would assume its done at this point. And he used to release other artists leaked songs on his own blog all the time...but 5+ songs? Does seem weird

Swag

spindashing said:

Thought he had submitted the album last week? Pretty sure he was tweeting about finishing it off and having the deadline in 2 days

Beaten

Do the G.O.O.D songs even fit the theme of a Dark Twisted Fantasy? Didn't think they were what he's been trying to portray given his recent comments in interviews and such.

Power, All of the Lights, Lost in the World all had that feel to them of being about more then the usual hip hop nonsense. At least compared to the rest of the G.O.O.D songs.

PBY

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Thought he had submitted the album last week? Pretty sure he was tweeting about finishing it off and having the deadline in 2 days
Damn, then it could be legit... I'll be disappointed, but I'll still def buy the album when it comes out- wishing I hadn't listened to the leaked tracks now

Ashhong said:
On twitter he posted that he was putting the finishing touches and that it was due a few days ago. I would assume its done at this point. And he used to release other artists leaked songs on his own blog all the time...but 5+ songs? Does seem weird
I hope you're right about this tracklisting being the original one before he made changes. But if it was, wouldn't Mama's Boyfriend or Chain blah blah I'm drawing a blank at the title be in it?

Ehhhhh we'll see. Let Kanye himself confirm it...

Ashhong

spindashing said:
I hope you're right about this tracklisting being the original one before he made changes. But if it was, wouldn't Mama's Boyfriend or Chain blah blah I'm drawing a blank at the title be in it?

Ehhhhh we'll see. Let Kanye himself confirm it...

Yea..you're right. Hey maybe its the tracklisting to the "Runaway?!" =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom