• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Kush

yall saying how cool Ye using SF2 sounds.. where have you lot been for the past few years? Charlie Sloth, a huge name in the UK radio scene. Lot of intl rappers have interveiws with him. Hes been using SF2 samples in the freestyles artists do for him.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
That has to be the ugliest album cover I have ever seen. And the album title is also lame.
But its gonna be dope anyway, so fuck it.

After listening to it in my car, I've had the Dropbox files since yesterday; yeah Real Friends is the official banger on this so far. Some of the others I can tolerate better now than on first listen, but RF had me nodding at the jump. FML...it's okay I guess, kinda boring really.

Reckoner

I kinda wish Kanye scrapped this and worked the next few months to make 12 tracks with the positiveness of ULB and then gave us FML as a bonus iTunes pre-order track.

After listening to it in my car, I've had the Dropbox files since yesterday; yeah Real Friends is the official banger on this so far. Some of the others I can tolerate better now than on first listen, but RF had me nodding at the jump. FML...it's okay I guess, kinda boring really.

Boring? Damn...how so?

TVexperto

So how is the album so far? I am not a huge kanye fan but I loved the tracks where he sampled old songs and turned them into something new, any tracks like that on the new album?

Right now...I can't even get past Famous. That shit is amazing...OMG. Where the fuck is this album? Why is he doing this?

Kanye does whatever he wants. He clearly wasn't happy with the album yet. Plus that Wolves apparently isn't even finished yet. Should be interesting to see if it actually comes out tomorrow. For all we know this is going to turn into the Half Life 3 of music albums, lol. The dude doesn't even address it to his fans on Twitter. It's the least he could do.

Jindrax

Watched this live last night in Brussels at an event at the movie theatre.
TBH I only liked 2-3 songs, the rest just sounds odd...

But the highlight of all this was him going on a rant and ending it with I'm making a video game hahahaha.
The entire room just lost it, it was great.

I really like the lyrics of almost every song but these beats aren't what I thought they'd be. Like, not terrible but not what I imagined.

http://tlopcover.com/

QoAD356.png

I guess after reading all the excitement from people here about it I expected some amazing track, but production wise it just sounds okay to me. I'm like whatever about it.

That's exactly what i've been fearing. And what i read here about how there isn't a whole lot of actual rapping sure sounds disappointing too, wtf man.

Reckoner

Who are either of these people? The guy asking the question seems more informed than the guy answering.

People over at KTT were giving credibility to that, so I guess it is some dude at DefJam?

Well, I don't know if I'm glad it is finished already. There were a couple tracks yesterday that seemed too incomplete to be a matter of overnight work. Maybe Kanye didn't show us a version that close to final?

Squalor

Probably tmrw night after the SNL performance. That's what thug(?) said
Kanye gets on stage well before his performance time.

"TiVo this because this live performance is the album release"

Proceeds to take up all of SNL's timeslot to perform the album live.

Downloaded that rip so I can listen to it after the official version comes out. I feel like it'd be harder to get over if I heard something that didn't make the cut before the real release.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dammit, that requires Flash.

Am I really going to download Flash to listen to a Kanye album streamed online from the radio?

Ugh..l
It's hot 97 stream. They are playing something.

There is an app. I'm listening now

This could be a MSG rip

Honestly I don't know what to believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom