• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-wood

God please come out at noon, and please def jam servers don't crash. I need to listen to this now. Plus now we have 17 tracks? We were complaining it was short and only 10 songs, fuck! I need it now.

CbBqx_0UYAAdF0a.jpg:large

TAKE MY MONEY

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm glad I Miss the old kanye made it. Reminds of of the skits he used to do with a more modern spin

Wabba

I am so fucking hyped! Looks like the best album of all time. Dont know why he would end it with Fade, Real Friends with a transition to Wolves was like the perfect ending.

sasliquid

I love these lyrics

"What if Kanye made a song about Kanye / Called 'I miss the old Kanye' / Man that would be so Kanye, that's all it was Kanye / We still love Kanye and I love you like Kanye loves Kanye"

(according to nme)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Can anyone help me?

Has wolves changed from the SNL version?

Please say no. Please please say no.

It was very different on the stream yesterday.

No Sia no Vic. Kanye rapping way to loud on the mix. It was a mess.

Kaizer

Banned
Can anyone help me?

Has wolves changed from the SNL version?

Please say no. Please please say no.

It was very different on the stream yesterday.

No Sia no Vic. Kanye rapping way to loud on the mix. It was a mess.

Yeah, and then later in a sense deleted tweet, Vic Mensa's manager claimed "Wolves ain't done yet....CDQ", so hopefully Sia & Vic Mensa are both back on there along with Frank Ocean.

Kyzer

Banned
Would hate to be that mastering engineer lmao

Here's kanyes new album it was supposed to be out already we wanna drop it now so hurry up

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yeah, and then later in a sense deleted tweet, Vic Mensa's manager claimed "Wolves ain't done yet....CDQ", so hopefully Sia & Vic Mensa are both back on there along with Frank Ocean.

Yea this would be the ideal scenario. I really like what Frank added to the song.

j-wood

How long does the mastering process typically take? I'm not sure what all is involved with "mastering". I'm also so glad this made the cut.

I miss the old Kanye, shit from the gold Kanye
Talking 'bout the soul Kanye, set all his goals Kanye
I hate the new Kanye, the bad mood Kanye
The always rude Kanye, spaz in the news Kanye
I miss the sweet Kanye, chop up the beats Kanye
I'd like to say at that time I'd like to meet Kanye
See I invented Kanye, there wasn't any Kanyes
And now I look and look around and there's so many Kanye's
I used to love Kanye
I even had the pink polo, I thought I was Kanye
What if Kanye made a song about Kanye
Called "I miss the old Kanye"
Man that would be so Kanye, that's all it was Kanye
We still love Kanye and I love you like Kanye loves Kanye

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
wonder if I Miss The Old Kanye is a legit song or just that really short interlude we heard yesterday

what if it's that Crack Music throwback Ebro was talking about

hmm albums a little bloated now

i appreciated that he cut stuff cuz it made the album more cohesive, and listening to the msg stream, it's a really tight album

we're gonna see i guess

Kyzer

Banned
How long does the mastering process typically take? I'm not sure what all is involved with "mastering"

Could be anywhere from 5 minutes to whatever his deadline is which is probably like 5 hours from now lmao

Whatever each track needs individually and then cutting the whole album as one cohesive piece is extremely content dependent. Every mix is different

definitely throwing no more parties in the trash heap as soon as i get the album.

he should make the last few bonus tracks instead of part of the official tracklist imo. ending with wolves makes so much sense.

nib95

Banned
hmm albums a little bloated now

i appreciated that he cut stuff cuz it made the album more cohesive, and listening to the msg stream, it's a really tight album

we're gonna see i guess

Nah dude. The more the merrier. I've pretty much enjoyed every track bar Facts. Bit the new version from the stream sounded better.

NotLiquid

How long does the mastering process typically take? I'm not sure what all is involved with "mastering".

Depends entirely on how rough/clean a mix is already and just how many variables sonically you want to account for but mastering should ideally be the shortest part of the creative process in terms of making an album. It's basically cleaning up the mixes and making sure that you can get the highest quality peaks on all sounds without compromising quality. Now granted; the mastering on Yeezus emphasized loudness on a lot of the tracks and that's why tracks like Black Skinhead sound so unrelentlessly booming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom